Mr T Mr T 1  
Darren Durham Darren Durham 3  
Bellcrew Bellcrew 2  
Calimagg Calimagg 2  
CaliforniaBen CaliforniaBen 2 I plan to not come last at bowling this time
J Jester 2  
Toot-toot Toot-toot 2 All booked
SimonB SimonB 2  
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky 2 Booked up with fingers crossed!
Moose Moose 2 Plus 2 dogs
T3OMF T3OMF 2 Plus 2 Old Dogs
GlennR GlennR 2 Plus Frazzle the dog
PJ500 PJ500 2 Arriving Thursday + dog !!
Speleo62 Speleo62 2  
Riggers Riggers 2  
dayslikethis dayslikethis 2 Just outside main field next to entrance gate
colinmurray colinmurray 2 All booked
GillianC GillianC 1  
C CaliAM 2 Hi. As the rally field is full, we have booked in to the caravan site. First rally, so looking forward to meeting some kindred spirits. Alison and Mark
Arlene Arlene 3 We've just bought a Cali but don't have it yet. Slimbridge is local to us. Would it be possible to pop in Friday evening to say hello and get some advice on awnings, bike racks, portaloos etc etc!!?
SimonB

SimonB

Staff member
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
*** Please remember to RSVP Above ***

1581961333457.png

**** Update on Slimbridge Meet ****

Please Note: We are no longer classing this meet as a VW California Rally as we do not want to encourage anyone go against the current COVID-19 restrictions that were announced this week.

You are still welcome to attend the campsite next weekend , please ensure you now go to reception to check in and you will be then be told where to pitch.

This is a combined meet with VW California Club and Marco Polo Owners Club

We have arranged the 3rd annual Slimbridge meet which is in the Gloucestershire area from 5th to 7th of June 2020.
The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as last year.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and we are on a field together, but there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group. The price is £35 for 2 nights and you book directly with the campsite 01453-890483. You must mention VW California Club to get the discounted rate and to be with the main group. The Rally is for 2 nights, you can not book for just 1 night, but you will be able to come earlier or stay later at this special rate if you book it all at the same time. Campers staying in the rally field are able to stay until after lunch on the Sunday.
The campsite has given us 40 places on the Rally field. Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website which is about £52 for the 2 nights, please be aware these pitches are not on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.
1581957391717.png
This was a photo of the previous rally taken by Briwy from the Forum.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school locally & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

Many thanks.

Simon

1581958077869.png
1581958179173.png

1581958469798.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly we are going to have to give this meet a miss as we will be in Croatia most of June. :(
I am sure you all will have a great time. Enjoy!:)

If i would have known about this meet we could have come via Dover and head further up to Scotland . But we booked a ferry a few weeks ago from Ijmuiden to Newcastle on the 2nd so will be way up by the 5th ....shame .
We are the whole month in the UK doh !

If i would have known about this meet we could have come via Dover and head further up to Scotland . But we booked a ferry a few weeks ago from Ijmuiden to Newcastle on the 2nd so will be way up by the 5th ....shame .
We are the whole month in the UK doh !
That's a great shame. It would have been very nice to meet up again.

Simon

Thanks Simon, this meet gets better every year, must brush up on bowling skills!

We’re coming, fits nicely on the back of our Yorkshire trip. Should be there on the Thursday, so happy to help with anything If needed?

Thanks Simon, this meet gets better every year, must brush up on bowling skills!

We’re coming, fits nicely on the back of our Yorkshire trip. Should be there on the Thursday, so happy to help with anything If needed?
That would be great. It would be useful to have some early arrivals to mark out the pitches before the rest of them turn up if you are free, please.

I’ve only had my Cali a short while so never been on any meets , does anyone know if dogs are allowed?

Their website says well behaved dogs are allowed. There may be a charge, but I'm afraid I don't know how much.
You can ring or email to ask 01453-890483 or email info@tudorcaravanpark.co.uk
Do mention you are with the California Club please.
Thanks
Simon

All booked & paid for, our first ever formal VWCC event!

Really looking forward to it, probably be there late 'ish on the Friday night, after work & the lottery that is the M42/M5 during evening rush hour......

I have just booked too and was told same, it's amazing how quick club meets sell out, I wish there were more

Have just booked but we will be in our new Grand California so I hope we will not be ostracised;-)
As a result of changing we have some extras from our T6 Ocean that we would like to sell and can bring them with us, not put he list together yet but will in the near future.

Have just booked but we will be in our new Grand California so I hope we will not be ostracised;-)
As a result of changing we have some extras from our T6 Ocean that we would like to sell and can bring them with us, not put he list together yet but will in the near future.
Prepare for the invasion

When is it arriving and colour option

When is it arriving and colour option
It has been built a couple of weeks ago so we are hoping that it is on the boat this week and looking at collecting it before the end of the month. It is a 600 in Reflex Silver/Indium Grey so we can still hide in the woods in France.

It has been built a couple of weeks ago so we are hoping that it is on the boat this week and looking at collecting it before the end of the month. It is a 600 in Reflex Silver/Indium Grey so we can still hide in the woods in France.
excellent may be there myself, did you go for the 3500 or the 3880?

Will

I'm bringing my bowling shoes and ball this time