Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

speed limiter

T

tedgina

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
can anybody tell me can vcds activate an adjustable speed limiter like on a golf 7?

limiter only possible with the Adaptive Cruise System. radar sensor on the front needed.

can anybody tell me can vcds activate an adjustable speed limiter like on a golf 7?
You can set a speed alert, is this for you or others driving your Van ?

You can set a speed alert, is this for you or others driving your Van ?
No it's just or me driving ,we have another car which has an adjustable speed limiter it is very handy to set the speed limit on the road we are driving on so no worries about speed cameras ,in france police are quite strict its the best way to avoid any fines.I have seen it put on a golf 7 via vcds thanks.

limiter only possible with the Adaptive Cruise System. radar sensor on the front needed.
We have a t6 it has a ra'dar on the front for the city braking but not ACC system

The only thing like that is the speed warning that can be set in the MFD, simply select the speed you want to set the alarm to come on at and when that speed is exceeded, you get an audible beep and a message in the MFD to advise speed exceeded.

Or use cruise control?

No it's just or me driving ,we have another car which has an adjustable speed limiter it is very handy to set the speed limit on the road we are driving on so no worries about speed cameras ,in france police are quite strict its the best way to avoid any fines.I have seen it put on a golf 7 via vcds thanks.
I have a TomTom that is pretty good on speed limit warnings, better than MFD as it keeps current and your speed indication goes amber then red flashing with alarm sounding. Useful in the multitude of 30kph village limits that are now becoming prevalent.

Makes you wonder why they can’t do something like that though.
on my wife’s Smart Car, it has Cruise Control as normal, but also Speed Limit Control. When selected, although no active braking, you just cannot accelerate past the set speed. It automatically select the next Speed limit, 20,30,40,50,60 or 70 So you can brake or accelerate but won’t exceed the set speed unless going down a steep hill.

I want something like the Mercedes system. Press the stalk when you are at any speed & it sets that as the limit, then flick of the switch for each 5mph increment more or less you want.
When in action its an engine limiter so entering residential area you switch it on set to 30, accelerate as hard as you like etc but the car just hits a soft limiter & won't go any faster than 30, you can override it if needed by pressing the accelerator right to the floor - same as kick down on an auto.
I find it brilliant, set it & no need to look at the speedo again in a 30 limit just concentrate on what's going on outside rather than watching the speedo.

on my wife’s Smart Car, it has Cruise Control as normal, but also Speed Limit Control. When selected, although no active braking, you just cannot accelerate past the set speed. It automatically select the next Speed limit, 20,30,40,50,60 or 70 So you can brake or accelerate but won’t exceed the set speed unless going down a steep hill.
yes that what i was talking about i have seen it activated on a golf on youtube via vcds using the left side of the steering wheel controls ,that's why i thought it could be turned on a t6 california

yes that what i was talking about i have seen it activated on a golf on youtube via vcds using the left side of the steering wheel controls ,that's why i thought it could be turned on a t6 california
forgot to say we have a 2016 dacia which has this, i just thought a high spec vw will have this system

Wife's Citroen C3 has cruise or speed limiter control. In cruise it changes down the gears to hold the speed on downhill sections which came as a surprise first time it did it, saves pressing brake pedal and tripping cruise off.

Wouldn't take much for VW to programme that into DSG equiped Cali's.

Back