Stanford Hall

vwanorak

vwanorak

Aircooled at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Anyone else going this year?

I have not missed one of these for a long time, but it is a bit of a drive now that we are back living on the South Coast.

Great classic VW event, for anyone who hasn't been before.

Hope to see a few of you and your Cali's there. It's short notice, but maybe we could see about getting a small club display spot in the showground if there is an appetite??

Cheers

Andy

We normally take the bay and the Cali every year. Parked up with the Kerbside crew a few years running thanks to Martin A and Bob.

Will probably pop in this year if it's not rained off again.

M

Hi

I've done the same for the last five years with the Kerbside crew. It's not on the cards this year though, so we would need to try and bag a space just for us if there is any interest?

I think Martin may be displaying with the Karmann Cabriolet Club this year. :cool:

Anyone interested please post here and I will give the organisers a shout - I guess we would need at least 10 Californias to get their interest and we will need to be quick. I am happy to try and co-ordinate it.

Thanks

Andrew

In which case Andrew, we've met a few times and parked next to each other too. :)

You're probably right about Mart and the Cabby, once he gets the engine properly fettled.. It's looking good.

Count us in.

Don't suppose you are doing Big Bang next weekend?

M

M - We certainly have met before :) Not doing Big Bang as I have got too much on at work at this time of year. Will be at Northampton Marriott again the night before Stanford Hall if you fancy a cruise up together??

The booking window has actually closed for Club Displays, but I have appealed to their better nature - let's see what they say.

We need a good turnout though - so anymore for anymore for this fantastic VW show??

For the uninitiated; although all models are increasingly represented, this is a first rate "classic show" where you will see some of the UKs best and oldest VWs on one of the prettiest showgrounds in the UK. The Split Screen Van Club line-up always exceeds 100+ vans.

Hope I have not upset anyone by offering to try and sort this display out??

Names please.....

Cheers

Andy

Hi

Unfortunately I have not had any response from the Stanford Hall folks, not even a "sorry you're too late," which is disappointing.

Will get in early next year. For this year I guess it is their loss :?

Cheers

Andy