Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Supermarket Fuel

I first got the lite version. After a month or two I upgraded on the basis that the software developer deserved payment for an excellent app. So the screenshot is from the full version.
thanks, I love the data, this will make it easier to track costs.

The supermarkets have sorted out this dilemma of cheap fuels versus shell Texaco etc by now charging the same price so no need to use them anymore. Morison's near me is now actually 3p dearer than the Texaco and just 1p off the shell garage. Job done.

The supermarkets have sorted out this dilemma of cheap fuels versus shell Texaco etc by now charging the same price so no need to use them anymore. Morison's near me is now actually 3p dearer than the Texaco and just 1p off the shell garage. Job done.

All diesel at all stations near me seems stuck at 199.9. The £2 barrier is perhaps just too much for SE London.

Just had a service done at VW and when collecting I was asked if I use supermarket fuel, I said occasionally and when I questioned why, they just said VW advise you not to use it. Quite a bizarre conversation!

Is supermarket fuel that bad for the engine? Surely if anything went wrong they could not put the blame down to Asda diesel?
I’m hgv driver, sometimes on tankers
Fill up at refinery in Immingham from the same storage tanks for all the supermarket’s and some brands
Still don’t get cheap diesel for the Calli though!!!

Costco seems to be best round my way got petrol for the other half’s car the other day and it was 180.00 if my memory serves me right

All diesel at all stations near me seems stuck at 199.9. The £2 barrier is perhaps just too much for SE London.
Same round my way, Shell/BP and the like just got to 199.9 quicker and the supermarkets have now caught up. No one wants to be the first over £2 but I fear that once the barrier is finally breached it will rocket again.

Same round my way, Shell/BP and the like just got to 199.9 quicker and the supermarkets have now caught up. No one wants to be the first over £2 but I fear that once the barrier is finally breached it will rocket again.
I've seenaShell at over £2.0 so no barrier.

No competition on prices now that Supermarkets have stopped price cutting.

We paid £2.05 last week in Scotland, not complaining as it was a small garage not a major brand so to be expected. The attendant did the filling, very retro.

ASDA has just knocked 6p a litre off diesel in Warrington. 195p/l down to 189p/l.

I'm wondering what to spend my surplus cash on now....
Great news. Here in the Cotswolds BP fuel is lower cost than Tesco!

Sorry for a bit of a rant but they are doing this across the board because they see the British public as lacking in fight.
Which is perhaps understandable especially when you factor in how many companies are paying employees fuel.
If only
if only
if only
We stood united for once and stopped using vehicles private, public and company owned for a few days of standstill it might get the right attention.
I work for an oil company but this is a disgrace and the government 6p drop has been abused and forgotten in the wake of this nonsense.

Unlike the price per litre,

Take solace in the thought at least you’re keeping someone in a job :thumb

Much of the increase in fuel prices is being spent on Putin’s bombing of Ukraine - and while Britain buys little (or no?) Russian oil, Britain’s consumption helps keep oil prices buoyant.

In theory the supermarkets are surely now price gouging more than the oil companies as they've put their prices up the most. They were always cheaper before and now proving to be dearer

In theory the supermarkets are surely now price gouging more than the oil companies as they've put their prices up the most. They were always cheaper before and now proving to be dearer
I thought it Supermarkets were subsiding their fuel stations to help bring in customers to the store. Now their margins are being squeezed/people spending less perhaps they are less inclined to subsidise the fuel stations

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Asda, that had/has 300+ fuel stations was taken over by a company that already had around 400 fuel stations. Be interesting to see how their prices compared before and after the takeover.

Just give it a week or two…….

Nope, already there. 201 here from yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Just drove out of Clacket Lane services.
£2.03

Costco seems to be best round my way got petrol for the other half’s car the other day and it was 180.00 if my memory serves me right
Costco Derby is 187.4 for diesel - which is 20 pence more than only 4 weeks ago, but still 10p cheaper than the Sainsburys on the same retail park.

Costco Derby is 187.4 for diesel - which is 20 pence more than only 4 weeks ago, but still 10p cheaper than the Sainsburys on the same retail park.
Does one not have to pay a membership fee to use Costco? What is the price difference once the membership is included?

Does one not have to pay a membership fee to use Costco? What is the price difference once the membership is included?
That would mean calculating all savings on goods purchases plus fuel purchases over a the Membership period. Would also have to take into account any miles travelled if only fuel purchased.

That would mean calculating all savings on goods purchases plus fuel purchases over a the Membership period. Would also have to take into account any miles travelled if only fuel purchased.
About £26 annual standard membership, but mine is an additional card to main account, £15. On the standard £26.40 fee, if you buy only fuel and get 260 litres, on todays costs you’ve paid your membership. No brainier.

Back