Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Supermarket Fuel

Off topic but I had one fitted by BG when boiler fitted, it started to leak after a number of years, BGas came out, quote 'they all do that in time' replaced by a straight through pipe by BGas. Probably to speed up boiler scale up needing a replacement one fitting.
Thing is it’s not the gas fitter who wants to fit them it’s the manufacturer of the boiler who wants them fitted.
If you don’t fit it it’s a straight forward get out of the warranty for the manufacturer.

Been using supermarket fuel for near on 6 years now, not a single problem.

I use PetrolPrices wherever I am and get the cheapest. But once every 5000 miles pop in some of the top notch stuff to give it a buff up inside the valve’s and stems as you do

This story probably came from the same source as the being gassed and robbed in your camper while you sleep. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

On my travels I was often baffled by these changing prices; I have driven past a filling station to a night stop and resolved to fill up in the morning then I found that the price had increased by ten cents. I was told that some sellers regularly change prices two or three times a day especially at times of peak demand; this is becoming quite common in Europe apparently.

Always use supermarket fuel unless caught short. Never had a fuelling issue in our van, car and past cars, and never noticed any difference in MPG, engine performance or anything else compared to branded fuels, including premium grades. And this using the lowest cost grade. A BMW 5 series (E34 model) I had did 400,000 on supermarket fuel without issue. Had to scrap it because the body work failed, the engine was in excellent condition. At our Tesco the fuel is always, as far as I have observed, delivered in Esso tankers. Also Esso used, they may still, to give Tesco Clubcard points. This suggests to me that Tesco fuel is Esso fuel.

We have the same (good) experience with supermarket fuel the last 15 years with a T4 102 ps TDI,
a T5 2.0 110 ps petrol and today a T6 150 ps TSI.
And this in Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal .....etc

Always use supermarket fuel unless caught short. Never had a fuelling issue in our van, car and past cars, and never noticed any difference in MPG, engine performance or anything else compared to branded fuels, including premium grades. And this using the lowest cost grade. A BMW 5 series (E34 model) I had did 400,000 on supermarket fuel without issue. Had to scrap it because the body work failed, the engine was in excellent condition. At our Tesco the fuel is always, as far as I have observed, delivered in Esso tankers. Also Esso used, they may still, to give Tesco Clubcard points. This suggests to me that Tesco fuel is Esso fuel.
Filled up in Germany once at a supamarket the bike missed fired as soon as we left the pump and chugged for the next 200 miles next fill back to normal running ,also had problems with morrinsons petrol in the car in the UK ,maybe bad storage in the tanks?

Filled up in Germany once at a supamarket the bike missed fired as soon as we left the pump and chugged for the next 200 miles next fill back to normal running ,also had problems with morrinsons petrol in the car in the UK ,maybe bad storage in the tanks?
If it miss fired as soon as you started it the problem would not be the new fuel as the pipework and carburettor would still have the original fuel in them not the new fuel.

If it miss fired as soon as you started it the problem would not be the new fuel as the pipework and carburettor would still have the original fuel in them not the new fuel.
It is fuel injection so it is very soon that the new fuel goes in also it was running perfect for the last 200 miles

More likely you got a little water in there.
yes that was my thinking at the time not in the bike though as we have been through a lot of rain in the past with no problems.it only did it the once,

yes that was my thinking at the time not in the bike though as we have been through a lot of rain in the past with no problems.it only did it the once,
Sounds more like a low grade fuel was supplied or a high Ethanol mix one.

Back