Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach orders

Following on from my last post, popped into a local dealer on a tip and came away with a beach with a great spec. Dealer ran my existing config on order and advised that it could not be built to the spec ordered which explains some delays. Anyway, problem solved!
View attachment 74196
Looks an absolute beaut .. very jealous. Hopefully not too much longer to wait this end. Black wheels set it off nicely. What was the spec that didn’t work. Was it one thing or a mix that was incompatible. Seems a balls up on the dealers part that took the order.

Following on from my last post, popped into a local dealer on a tip and came away with a beach with a great spec. Dealer ran my existing config on order and advised that it could not be built to the spec ordered which explains some delays. Anyway, problem solved!
Congrats. What was the issue with your configuration that would have prevented it from being built?

Great news, I bet you’re delighted.

However, arrived at the dealer 5 days ago and they’ve not been in contact yet?! I would be quite frustrated with that
Hmmm... :rolleyes:... I guess this is expected... I nearly went in to today as needed to go to local caravan storage to check up on the Eriba which is next door...

I also received this on 17th Feb... (the day it was delivered)

01833A02-B416-4BE4-B70D-529CE1DEA4FD.png

Looks an absolute beaut .. very jealous. Hopefully not too much longer to wait this end. Black wheels set it off nicely. What was the spec that didn’t work. Was it one thing or a mix that was incompatible. Seems a balls up on the dealers part that took the order.
Iain I have no idea, just weight all together. Seems the Ocean guys having the same issue. It’s apparently weight over the front wheels and I believe is a combination. Removing the awning and supplying it separately seems a crazy work around, but happy with it.

on balance I am happy to be without the electric roof but delighted to still have 4Motion, diff lock, ACC etc. The dealer had 2 delivered yesterday and I suspect both will be sold immediately as demand is crazy. there Was a small price difference but not as bad as I was expecting as I was supposed to have got 2020 prices on the old order. Dealer could charge what they like but chose not to.

Hmmm... :rolleyes:... I guess this is expected... I nearly went in to today as needed to go to local caravan storage to check up on the Eriba which is next door...
It arrived last Wednesday and they still haven't contacted you? I would be on the phone! Good luck :thumb

Congrats. What was the issue with your configuration that would have prevented it from being built?
Believe it is something that affects the 4Motion models with weight, apparently it takes the emissions out of spec and therefore cannot be sold. The one I am buying for example has no awning as that would be overweight so the dealer have supplied one “inside” the van. Based on discussions it is no one thing, more a matter of moving things around until the right weight is found. Who really knows?!?

It arrived last Wednesday and they still haven't contacted you? I would be on the phone! Good luck :thumb
I emailed the dealer last night and got a reply this morning “we’re expecting it soon”. Yet VW Chat say it was delivered to dealer on 17th Feb. Today is 23rd Feb. So something doesn’t add up...

View attachment 74196
Looks great - are they Springfield wheels?

Looks great - are they Springfield wheels?
You know I haven’t checked. Probably would not be my first choice, but just happy to (almost) have a van with any wheels.

You know I haven’t checked. Probably would not be my first choice, but just happy to (almost) have a van with any wheels.
If they are Springfields they appear in the UK configurator as a £3300 option! (but in practice are only available as part of the sports pack at £2600). for me, there are no better wheels than those and the discus (that you can't get from the factory now)

Mine was build week 4 but apparently it is still awaiting to be allocated to a ship in Emden. Thought it would of arrived at Sheerness on Sunday but I was told today it definitely didn’t! Pleased as I don’t really want it till April 1st at the earliest.

I emailed the dealer last night and got a reply this morning “we’re expecting it soon”. Yet VW Chat say it was delivered to dealer on 17th Feb. Today is 23rd Feb. So something doesn’t add up...
Contacted chat again last night to confirm the code (70) and asked them to escalate. Also emailed the dealer.
Today an apology from the dealer. My van had actually arrived at the dealership last week...

Mine was build week 4 but apparently it is still awaiting to be allocated to a ship in Emden. Thought it would of arrived at Sheerness on Sunday but I was told today it definitely didn’t! Pleased as I don’t really want it till April 1st at the earliest.
Same as mine, build week 4 and stuck the otherside of the water. Seems to be a backlog delay getting vans over here. We are awaiting 60+ vans for 1st march that are still stuck awaiting shipping to UK

Contacted chat again last night to confirm the code (70) and asked them to escalate. Also emailed the dealer.
Today an apology from the dealer. My van had actually arrived at the dealership last week...
In any line of business, if someone called me and said I have been informed that something had arrived at my premises, then GOYA and go check. Is this the same dealer you have had historical issues with?

In any line of business, if someone called me and said I have been informed that something had arrived at my premises, then GOYA and go check. Is this the same dealer you have had historical issues with?
It’s the same dealer. No competition up here and I don’t have the flexibility to travel elsewhere.

It’s the same dealer. No competition up here and I don’t have the flexibility to travel elsewhere.
Understood.

Anyway, the hassle will disappear in a week or two once you have your fab new Beach. Looking forward to seeing the photos. :thumb

I feel for you Alison, they are beyond useless! You’ll be able to forget about them for a while hopefully once you’ve got your new pride & joy

When you get it, can you please take photos of the dash and I’m keen to see if the Beach finally gets A pillar blinds?

When you get it, can you please take photos of the dash and I’m keen to see if the Beach finally gets A pillar blinds?
I know all the euro spec ones I have seen have A pillar blinds. Can’t imagine that they won’t in UK, but then...

Will do.

Back