Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Options

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
Cali now sold
I'm currently going through the configurator for a T6.1 Ocean and I'm stuck on 3 points:
  1. Reversing Camera... I can only find this mentioned as an option with the Trailer Assist. I do see that the option Parking sensors - front and rear with park assist is standard but that doesn't mention camera. I'm wondering if it is included as standard but the Trailer Assist has a different camera setup specifically for a trailer?
  2. Storage Compartment Package - I can't find any information on this
  3. Wooden floor with plastic lining - Again, i can't find any mention or examples of this in any reviews or literature. If the standard floor is grey then with the new cupboards we're thinking it may be a bit dark inside. I liked the T6 wood effect​
I'm in communication with my dealer on getting a T6.1 deal after VW cancelled our late T6 order so I can discuss with him later but I wanted to check on here in case anyone else had more info.

If you tell me how to ad a link off an email on to here I can put the full list on that was supplied to me so you can see it
I have ordered the storage pack,floor ect
On an ocean the camera is standard

I'm currently going through the configurator for a T6.1 Ocean and I'm stuck on 3 points:
  1. Reversing Camera... I can only find this mentioned as an option with the Trailer Assist. I do see that the option Parking sensors - front and rear with park assist is standard but that doesn't mention camera. I'm wondering if it is included as standard but the Trailer Assist has a different camera setup specifically for a trailer?
  2. Storage Compartment Package - I can't find any information on this
  3. Wooden floor with plastic lining - Again, i can't find any mention or examples of this in any reviews or literature. If the standard floor is grey then with the new cupboards we're thinking it may be a bit dark inside. I liked the T6 wood effect​
I'm in communication with my dealer on getting a T6.1 deal after VW cancelled our late T6 order so I can discuss with him later but I wanted to check on here in case anyone else had more info.
I have just placed an order for a T6.1 Ocean.

The reversing camera is standard for the Ocean, as is Park Assist.

If you mean the second drawer under the rear bench seat you need option QE6 which is £204. I have ordered this.

Plastic wooden floor I have also ordered although it is nearly £500. Option 5BH. You will see it in the "Bus and Beyond" video on YouTube. I thought it looked easier to keep clean.

Your dealer should know all this!

What are the finance offers at the moment for T6.1 orders? i.e Deposit Contribution, APR Rate, Free Servicing?

If you tell me how to ad a link off an email on to here I can put the full list on that was supplied to me so you can see it
I have ordered the storage pack,floor ect
On an ocean the camera is standard
Thanks - Just seen the floor on the Bus and Beyond video mentioned by subthree. Around the 9 minute mark. Looks good so we'll spec that. re the link can you copy from the email and the use Ctrl K to bring up the insert link tool in a reply?
Good news re the camera..Did think it would be odd not to be included!

I have just placed an order for a T6.1 Ocean.

The reversing camera is standard for the Ocean, as is Park Assist.

If you mean the second drawer under the rear bench seat you need option QE6 which is £204. I have ordered this.

Plastic wooden floor I have also ordered although it is nearly £500. Option 5BH. You will see it in the "Bus and Beyond" video on YouTube. I thought it looked easier to keep clean.

Your dealer should know all this!
Thanks subthree - found and watched the video. Looks good.

Thanks subthree - found and watched the video. Looks good.
Has your Dealer explained to you what is now standard? There really is so much that is now included you don't need to add too much else. Have you thought about whether to get Discover Media Pro? The videos you see online all have the 9.2" Pro but it is not obvious form the literature that you need to add this. Comfort mattress? Chrome pack?

Has your Dealer explained to you what is now standard? There really is so much that is now included you don't need to add too much else. Have you thought about whether to get Discover Media Pro? The videos you see online all have the 9.2" Pro but it is not obvious form the literature that you need to add this. Comfort mattress? Chrome pack?
They did say that most of my original T6 order was now standard which simplifies things.
I was tempted by the slightly large Pro screen but that'll just be a fingerprint magnet. That and the fact that the standard is now a decent size. I'm guessing that with the standard unit, it's still possible to use some of the features like having the navigation map on the new digital dash, either between the dials or the whole screen. I read somewhere that the difference with the Pro in this respect is that you can have map on both displays whereas the standard unit is an 'either/or' scenario, controlled by an option on the steering wheel. That wasn't off a California discussion but a VW car forum. I'll try and get some more info about the two systems from my dealer. For £666 I'd expect quite a difference and not just the fact the Pro has an SSD for media.

Currently looking at the following:

Vehicle
California Ocean T6.1
150PS 7-Speed DSG
Candy White Solid
17" 'Woodstock' alloy wheels
Options
Chrome Pack
Front and Rear mud flaps
Fuel tank 80l
Safe box
Towbar Preparation includes trailer stabilisation
ArtVelours - seat centre section with seat bolsters in leather look
Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat
Cupboards in "Graphite Grey" with outdoor shower connection
Without socket in front, with flashlight
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Storage compartment package
Wooden floor with plastic lining

They did say that most of my original T6 order was now standard which simplifies things.
I was tempted by the slightly large Pro screen but that'll just be a fingerprint magnet. That and the fact that the standard is now a decent size. I'm guessing that with the standard unit, it's still possible to use some of the features like having the navigation map on the new digital dash, either between the dials or the whole screen. I read somewhere that the difference with the Pro in this respect is that you can have map on both displays whereas the standard unit is an 'either/or' scenario, controlled by an option on the steering wheel. That wasn't off a California discussion but a VW car forum. I'll try and get some more info about the two systems from my dealer. For £666 I'd expect quite a difference and not just the fact the Pro has an SSD for media.

Currently looking at the following:

Vehicle

Options
Yours is pretty identical to ours but we have the little torch and 18” Palmerston alloys

Thanks - Just seen the floor on the Bus and Beyond video mentioned by subthree. Around the 9 minute mark. Looks good so we'll spec that. re the link can you copy from the email and the use Ctrl K to bring up the insert link tool in a reply?
Good news re the camera..Did think it would be odd not to be included!
I tried but
Don’t know how to put the Link on that I was sent By my dealer.
It’s basically everything for the ocean & coast what’s standard what’s not prices and option numbers
:( sorry

Yours is pretty identical to ours but we have the little torch and 18” Palmerston alloys
I have ordered T6.1 Ocean 150ps, Starlight Blue, Aracuja wheels, chrome pack, Media Pro, wood floor, 80l tank, comfort mattress, second bench drawer, tow bar and TPMS. How many sleeps????

I have ordered T6.1 Ocean 150ps, Starlight Blue, Aracuja wheels, chrome pack, Media Pro, wood floor, 80l tank, comfort mattress, second bench drawer, tow bar and TPMS. How many sleeps????
Yeahhhhhhh :) congratulations...
it’s not even been two weeks since we ordered and I’m wanting to email the dealer for an update too many sleeps

@subthree congratulations! which dealer did you order from?

Ta.

I wonder why so many Options have become standard? Could it be due to emissions testing?

Yeahhhhhhh :) congratulations...
it’s not even been two weeks since we ordered and I’m wanting to email the dealer for an update too many sleeps
I see the Ocean has the Digital Instrument Dash so I presume the equivalent of the MFD display that is standard on the Coast?

I see the Ocean has the Digital Instrument Dash so I presume the equivalent of the MFD display that is standard on the Coast?
I screen shorted the item for you the right hand side is ocean
Left hand side is coast

66A7D6AB-F81C-4ACB-94A3-0CE5834CE574.png

Last edited:
What are the finance offers at the moment for T6.1 orders? i.e Deposit Contribution, APR Rate, Free Servicing?
I spoke with Breeze Poole yesterday, and asked about the 'finance/cash buyer' discounts as well as 2 year servicing offer and he said that VW were still to release details on this and likely more info by the end of the month. I think we will wait till wefind out more on these two benefits. is there any update on the wait time, i.e. is it still expected to be around 5 months ?

I spoke with Breeze Poole yesterday, and asked about the 'finance/cash buyer' discounts as well as 2 year servicing offer and he said that VW were still to release details on this and likely more info by the end of the month. I think we will wait till wefind out more on these two benefits. is there any update on the wait time, i.e. is it still expected to be around 5 months ?
Dealers are taking in paper orders as the 'system' is not yet ready for them to take orders and enter into the system to then get a build week. It seems dealers have placed orders for their demo vehicles but again, don't have a date.

I guess, from the order date, it should be a standard build run of about 5 to 6 months?

And yes you're right, the PCP cash back deals etc have not come through as yet.

Should be an interesting wait ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I saw that so presume there is the equivalent of the MFD display as part of the drivers digital display?
From what I've read the Ocean driver display is a 10.2" display so you'd hope they've included all the standard features of the old style dial and MFD configuration but digitally. Advantage being you can mix and match how and where you want this displayed. I like the idea of maps/junction layouts appearing here. If you google vw digital cockpit and look for recent images you can see a stack of examples of different configurations. Just wish they'd give some more details between the standard unit in the Ocean and the Pro version. Also not sure how much this integrates with Android Auto and Apple Carplay to allow you to display the equivalent mobile navigation app data on the driver display.

I may have posted a response in an earlier thread but this is more appropriate so I shall try again.
Is it possible to spec with an extended warranty?

Thanks

Back