Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Options

configurator on the cali I specked (or is it 'specced') included the following within the standard equipment list '1 year follow-on warranty, max. 160 000 km ' so that would provide in total 4 years for no additional cost?

I may have posted a response in an earlier thread but this is more appropriate so I shall try again.
Is it possible to spec with an extended warranty?

Thanks
Hi you don’t spec the warranty
You buy it in the dealership when picking up you new van or within 3 months of buying it but it’s only available when buying brand new un registered California’s

configurator on the cali I specked (or is it 'specced') included the following within the standard equipment list '1 year follow-on warranty, max. 160 000 km ' so that would provide in total 4 years for no additional cost?
I noticed this and I am slightly confused as you appear to be. I have just double checked and it does indeed state "1 year follow-on warranty, max. 160 000 km", so perhaps it is 4 years as standard? As with many details we will just have to wait!

I noticed this and I am slightly confused as you appear to be. I have just double checked and it does indeed state "1 year follow-on warranty, max. 160 000 km", so perhaps it is 4 years as standard? As with many details we will just have to wait!
Don’t forget in Europe the standard VW warranty is 2 yrs.
In the U.K. it is 3 yrs. from what I gather, 2 yrs from VW and 1 from the Dealer/VWUK.

Even though it seems to be in all the brochure images (and YouTube vids), it looks like the inductive charging pad, next to the DSG gear lever, is an option which we cannot order in the UK :(

Even though it seems to be in all the brochure images (and YouTube vids), it looks like the inductive charging pad, next to the DSG gear lever, is an option which we cannot order in the UK :(
that and the nice two tone colours! I had to do a double take when I saw the candy white/ascot grey in the configurator . White up top, dirty white down the bottom.. I'm sure it'll look nicer in the flesh but still.. it's a bit bland. The light silver and blue/red combo looks great and I would have gone for that if it'd been an option. I'll just stick with candy white and maybe get it wrapped in the future...if VW ever get back to me with a price on a T6.1

that and the nice two tone colours!
We like the silver and blue two-tone. At first we though we would order a silver van and wrap the bottom half, but I do not like just having a silver van if we didn't wrap. So now we are going with starlight blue and might get the top half wrapped silver, if not I like the starlight blue on it's own.

Agree with you on the white and dull grey two-tone, it will look like you haven't washed your bottom (half)!

... am I the only one who really likes Ascot Grey!?

I wonder why so many Options have become standard? Could it be due to emissions testing?
Yes, This is exactly the reason.

All the manufacturers are doing it to reduce the number of tests required so they resort to packages. Basically reduces the number of permutations as every configuration has to be tested now not just a generic model designation.

Ok, so this video will not help you decide on your options, and yes it is VW's marketing machine in full swing, but it helps me get through the dark winter months of waiting for our T6.1. I know, it is pure cheese.

Der neue Volkswagen California 6.1

Ok, so this video will not help you decide on your options, and yes it is VW's marketing machine in full swing, but it helps me get through the dark winter months of waiting for our T6.1. I know, it is pure cheese.

Der neue Volkswagen California 6.1
That our German cousins seem to enjoy the English language in their popular songs is well illustrated here.

I have pretty much worn out every video on 6.1 on the net :(
I need something new to watch
Yep, I have watched every different language video of the same Canadian Cali reviews! I guess there will be no new content until the vehicles start arriving at the dealers and VW UK HQ.

So originally we had ordered Woodstock wheels, I asked to change these to Aracuja wheels but have found out today that apparently the Aracuja wheels are no longer on the configurator. Seems strange as they are shown in the brochure! So either 17" Devonports or 17" Woodstocks, unless you go 18" - which I don't want to.

So originally we had ordered Woodstock wheels, I asked to change these to Aracuja wheels but have found out today that apparently the Aracuja wheels are no longer on the configurator. Seems strange as they are shown in the brochure! So either 17" Devonports or 17" Woodstocks, unless you go 18" - which I don't want to.
That’s a real shame I thought they were the best out of the 17s ,,but I wasn’t wanting just plain silver wheels though.... the Woodstock are not my cup of tea so I went for the 18s Palmerstons really happy with my choice...
there a very nice looking wheel.i did originally fancy the valdivia with them being new to the 6.1 but you can’t pick these because there not on the configuratior just in the brochure missed out on 4season tyres now though so that’s my next purchase..only recently just before ordering the 6.1 sold my 17”steels with 4seasons fitted?
:(

After not hearing from our dealer for weeks, we found out today that our T6.1 Ocean order has been approved by VW! I think we got a great deal..basically the same discounted price that we'd agreed on the original T6 before it got cancelled. Now starts the long wait...

After not hearing from our dealer for weeks, we found out today that our T6.1 Ocean order has been approved by VW! I think we got a great deal..basically the same discounted price that we'd agreed on the original T6 before it got cancelled. Now starts the long wait...
Wow
That’s fantastic congratulations
You will probably own it a year before it even starts to depreciate .
;) :)

I have ordered T6.1 Ocean 150ps, Starlight Blue, Aracuja wheels, chrome pack, Media Pro, wood floor, 80l tank, comfort mattress, second bench drawer, tow bar and TPMS. How many sleeps????

Interested in the 80ltr option for fuel tank. But wonder what you miss out on if you spec that one? Do you loose any storage space or ability to hold a full size spare wheel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in the 80ltr option for fuel tank. But wonder what you miss out on if you spec that one? Do you loose any storage space or ability to hold a full size spare wheel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, a good question - I am hoping I will still have a full sized spare! Normally on the confuserator if an option negates another choice then it tells you the impact. I do not remember the 80l tank causing any issues. For the small amount of money I thought it a useful addition. Too late for me to change now though...

Ah, a good question - I am hoping I will still have a full sized spare! Normally on the confuserator if an option negates another choice then it tells you the impact. I do not remember the 80l tank causing any issues. For the small amount of money I thought it a useful addition. Too late for me to change now though...
Not too worry it doesn’t change anything it’s almost under the front seats so it won’t affect your spare or your storage

Back