Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order nearly in - last minute option jitters!

Kevin&Becci

Kevin&Becci

One year in and loving it.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all
This is the spec we have paid deposit for but not finalised. We got 7% discount. DTD was better but wanted to have the dealer local(wish). We were ready to finalise the order but now I have had a few last minute option jitters - mainly driven by the fact that it is such a big decision / investment. The jitters are listed in brackets in the spec. What do people think? Are we missing any vital options that we cannot get later? Are the jitters below to be ignored and should we just get on with it !!?!?! :)

For context we are a family of four. Children are 4 and 6. We will use the van for festivals, weekend trips and camping holidays around UK and Europe. We live in north london so rarely use our car (unless we go out of london) so we have so may use this as main vehicle.

Vehicle
2.0TDI 110kw/ 150ps EU6 7-speed DSG BMT (Should we go for a larger engine? We are unlikely to be towing anything. Would the bigger engine additional weight offset the gain. Given the outlay surely a couple of extra thousand is worth it?)
Paint
Metallic - Bamboo garden green

Options

N2N valley fabric (Should we go for leather instead. Our children vomit regularly! Though even the leather seats 'apparently' need gard x?)
7PF Lumber support manual
Z3F 17 inch davenport wheels
9VP Digital sound package
4Y2 Locakable storage compartment
QE6 Storage Net
8T2 Cruise control+multi-function steering wheel
7X8 Front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera
ZE7 Leather mulifucntion wheel with radio and telephone controls
Detachable towbar including electrics
NF1 Awning in black
6N2 Mudflaps front and rear
QL0 Privacy glass with heat insulation (eek - would this spoil the view?)
Alternator – uprated 180A. ( We will be going to festivals with the elec hook up. Want the leisure batteries to last as long as possible. This was only option available with our spec. Apparently we can get an upgraded battery later on but not currently available. Hoping this is the right choice.)
Heavy-duty anti-roll bars, front and rear, with standard suspension and shock absorbers.

Dealer Options

Extra comfort mattress (probably the most expensive way of getting a mattress but want to have it ready when the vehicle arrives and not wanting to risk size differences to T5)

150 will be fine,
Waterproof seat covers probably better,
Privacy glass is darker looking in than looking out,
Go for it!

We had leather and it is very hard wearing indeed. That said, you can always do it at a later date pretty easily, so, let the kids chuck up happily for a couple of years and then treat yourselves to new leather seats!

This all sounds wonderful.....as above 150 will be spot on, get seat covers...relax and enjoy.....:)

Sounds good... You say unlikely to be towing yet you have gone for tow bar and electrics? Is this for bikes? If so have you considered bike rack? I'm very interested in the colour!!

Sounds good... You say unlikely to be towing yet you have gone for tow bar and electrics? Is this for bikes? If so have you considered bike rack? I'm very interested in the colour!!
Yes the tow bar was for a bike rack that fits on it. Guess went for it in case. Maybe remove and get bike rack?

Bike rack....totally personal choice, lots of views on here, the VW rack is practical but we just thought it looked good as well! We do tow (boat) so have the removal tow bar and it is useful to have anyway....again depends what you want....the options list on the T6 seems to be huge so understand some of your dilemmas ! I am sure it will be brilliant !

Bike rack....totally personal choice, lots of views on here, the VW rack is practical but we just thought it looked good as well! We do tow (boat) so have the removal tow bar and it is useful to have anyway....again depends what you want....the options list on the T6 seems to be huge so understand some of your dilemmas ! I am sure it will be brilliant !
Thanks for the words of support. Yes maybe we just ditch the tow bar and get a rack. May even get a rack at later date.

Looks like a good sensible spec to me. I'm sure the 150 will be absolutely fine.
kids will love it! :thumb

If you decide you want more than the 150PS there are a number of decent tuning companies who can re-map your ecu for circa £200 and give you a few more ponies, but more important more torque.
I have an earlier 174PS and have had this carried out raising the output to 219PS. I am not a boy racer, but being able to stick in a higher gear from a lower speed is lovely.
I used these guys who have a decent reputation
http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/servi...5-tdi-pd-174-bhp-2007-2009/stage-1#t3-content

If you decide you want more than the 150PS there are a number of decent tuning companies who can re-map your ecu for circa £200 and give you a few more ponies, but more important more torque.
I have an earlier 174PS and have had this carried out raising the output to 219PS. I am not a boy racer, but being able to stick in a higher gear from a lower speed is lovely.
I used these guys who have a decent reputation
http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/servi...5-tdi-pd-174-bhp-2007-2009/stage-1#t3-content
Great thank you. Likely to sitck with the 150 then. Going to do a little bit of research on the impact that bigger engine has on weight.

Hi all
This is the spec we have paid deposit for but not finalised. We got 7% discount. DTD was better but wanted to have the dealer local(wish). We were ready to finalise the order but now I have had a few last minute option jitters - mainly driven by the fact that it is such a big decision / investment. The jitters are listed in brackets in the spec. What do people think? Are we missing any vital options that we cannot get later? Are the jitters below to be ignored and should we just get on with it !!?!?! :)

For context we are a family of four. Children are 4 and 6. We will use the van for festivals, weekend trips and camping holidays around UK and Europe. We live in north london so rarely use our car (unless we go out of london) so we have so may use this as main vehicle.

Vehicle
2.0TDI 110kw/ 150ps EU6 7-speed DSG BMT (Should we go for a larger engine? We are unlikely to be towing anything. Would the bigger engine additional weight offset the gain. Given the outlay surely a couple of extra thousand is worth it?)
Paint
Metallic - Bamboo garden green

Options

N2N valley fabric (Should we go for leather instead. Our children vomit regularly! Though even the leather seats 'apparently' need gard x?)
7PF Lumber support manual
Z3F 17 inch davenport wheels
9VP Digital sound package
4Y2 Locakable storage compartment
QE6 Storage Net
8T2 Cruise control+multi-function steering wheel
7X8 Front and rear parking sensors with rear parking camera
ZE7 Leather mulifucntion wheel with radio and telephone controls
Detachable towbar including electrics
NF1 Awning in black
6N2 Mudflaps front and rear
QL0 Privacy glass with heat insulation (eek - would this spoil the view?)
Alternator – uprated 180A. ( We will be going to festivals with the elec hook up. Want the leisure batteries to last as long as possible. This was only option available with our spec. Apparently we can get an upgraded battery later on but not currently available. Hoping this is the right choice.)
Heavy-duty anti-roll bars, front and rear, with standard suspension and shock absorbers.

Dealer Options

Extra comfort mattress (probably the most expensive way of getting a mattress but want to have it ready when the vehicle arrives and not wanting to risk size differences to T5)

Wasn't sure on your colour choice until I realised that Bamboo Garden Green was actually Blue :)

Wasn't sure on your colour choice until I realised that Bamboo Garden Green was actually Blue :)
It look d very green at the dealers. We chose green as he van will be outside our front window so wanted it to look a natural colour, almost like a hedge! :)

:)

Is it this colour? Got this from another forum http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=413161 where they said this was Bamboo Garden Green?

Might be my eyes / photo but looks blue to me

20141207_045646_zps04e3940e.jpg

Nope. It was clearly a green when we looked. We even took the card outside and checked it in the sun. The colour in the pic is not what we saw.

At least it's not my eyes :)

Your Ocean sounds amazing, enjoy!

Thanks for the words of support. Yes maybe we just ditch the tow bar and get a rack. May even get a rack at later date.
Just remember with a bike rack, even not in use, takes you over 2m height so you will limit yourself with regards to Height Limited car parks etc:
Nothing wrong with the VW Bike rack just something to consider.

Was Bamboo Garden green available on a T5 ?
No but there was a similar (ish!) colour called fresco which was a favourite of mine for a while

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Nope. It was clearly a green when we looked. We even took the card outside and checked it in the sun. The colour in the pic is not what we saw.
Becci has just told me this is the colour. It is a "bluey green" that can look more green depending on the light!

The photo of the colour on the van in the thread is a T5 so... T6 may be more green?

Great thank you. Likely to sitck with the 150 then. Going to do a little bit of research on the impact that bigger engine has on weight.
The engines are all basically the same - just the level of tune differentiates them - and that weighs nothing at all. There is added weight for heftier ancillary stuff coping with the additional power. So for me the higher output is just vanity and too highly tuned / stressed for this type of heavy leisure vehicle - the 150 will be more than adequate - try one out

Back