Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order times

How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
Great news Steve! I just heard that mine is at the dealers already. But I'm going to resist and impatiently wait 3 weeks for the new number plate and the earliest that I can get there with the 'readies' being 6th September.

So, you might even beat me to it :)

Great news Steve! I just heard that mine is at the dealers already. But I'm going to resist and impatiently wait 3 weeks for the new number plate and the earliest that I can get there with the 'readies' being 6th September.

So, you might even beat me to it :)
...the race is on!!

I've bitten the bullet and decided to upgrade to a new t6 - my SE has become my daily drive as I love it so much but yearn for a few more extras (and DSG). We ordered w/c 21st June and it's being built this week (week 33 - 14/08/17). Estimated pickup of mid Sept. So that's fast..... Now I have to sell my beloved "Florence" in time to make sure I have the readies!

I've bitten the bullet and decided to upgrade to a new t6 - my SE has become my daily drive as I love it so much but yearn for a few more extras (and DSG). We ordered w/c 21st June and it's being built this week (week 33 - 14/08/17). Estimated pickup of mid Sept. So that's fast..... Now I have to sell my beloved "Florence" in time to make sure I have the readies!
Hi Melanie, there's a few of us now that ordered in May/June who all seem to be on the same kind of timeline (approx 2 months from order to build and maybe 3 months for delivery).

Seems like the 9 month waiting times are no longer the norm.

Should give people thinking of ordering some encouragement and perhaps make the decision to compromise on spec with a demo harder (I know I'm glad I didn't).

Good luck selling the SE.

Steve

We ordered on the 15th July and have a confirmed build week 35. Very happy as we were told to prepare for a 9 to 12 month wait. I wonder if UK production is being prioritised to get them in the September sales period for new plates?

We ordered on the 15th July and have a confirmed build week 35. Very happy as we were told to prepare for a 9 to 12 month wait. I wonder if UK production is being prioritised to get them in the September sales period for new plates?
All very mysterious. I ordered on 21July, current status (yesterday) according to VW UK is order accepted, no build week yet. When did you get your build week?

It does make you wonder what the dealer will do if you are told 9 month wait and you structure your finances around that - ie you won't have the required deposit or full balance ready until 9 months and then it arrives in 3 months... Do they just store it for 6 months?!

Just received latest update from VWCS. Build completed yesterday and van now "in transit from factory". All good for me so far. Dealer and VWCS have both been brilliant proactively contacting me with updates.

Now the scary bit begins...getting the cash together to pay for it. Goes to look down the back of the sofa to find a few pennies and begins stocking up on baked beans.
Baked beans - Capitalist should be dry bread and water.

Back