Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California order times

How long did it take to get your T6 California from ordering

• Total voters
Congrats. I'm less than 3 weeks in to my wait and already struggling...not sure how I'm going to make it through 6 months of this! Good to hear it's worth it.
So you haven't got to the....I must be stark raving bonkers spending that much on a vehicle stage or the....Should I have ordered this or that option as well dilema?
This is a well known condition on this forum that has several well documented phases. You will recover from so don't worry.

There was a fully loaded 4motion in the show room at Parkway Leicester, not sure whether its still available, was afraid to ask the price!
Thank you. I'll check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just over 7 months since I started this thread and ordered my Ocean, I'm finally able to answer the poll myself after taking delivery yesterday.

Good luck to all the others still waiting, it's worth the wait.
Fantastic! Enjoy!
We had the same build week but ours is still at the German port waiting to be shipped. Another 3 weeks until our pick up slot.

Just over 7 months since I started this thread and ordered my Ocean, I'm finally able to answer the poll myself after taking delivery yesterday.

Good luck to all the others still waiting, it's worth the wait.
Blimey, 7 months. Thats pretty substantial. Which variant did you go for out of interest?

150 DSG with ACC, app connect, awning, privacy, light and vision, parking sensors + camera, 235 all season tyres, I think 7 months is par for the course.

Got an email from VWCS last week with an order no. Hadn't heard from dealer yet but thought I'd take a punt and call VWCS. They gave me an unconfirmed build date of wc 7 August!!!

I know it can move, so trying not to get too excited, but really positive progress ☺️

Got an email from VWCS last week with an order no. Hadn't heard from dealer yet but thought I'd take a punt and call VWCS. They gave me an unconfirmed build date of wc 7 August!!!

I know it can move, so trying not to get too excited, but really positive progress ☺️

Mine took a further 8 weeks from the build date before I took delivery, so you are probably looking at end of September, early October before you get your hands on it.

Mine took a further 8 weeks from the build date before I took delivery, so you are probably looking at end of September, early October before you get your hands on it.
Is 8 weeks from build to delivery normal though? I only ordered 2 and a bit weeks ago and was expecting delivery in Nov/Dec, so will take Sep/Oct...but thanks for the heads up. Definitely need to keep feet firmly on ground at this stage.

Steve, what did you order? I'm waiting on a 150DSG Ocean, LED, privacy, App Connect, sensors & camera...

I ordered 22/5 and was told 6 months, but is now build week 29, so add 8 weeks is about 3.5 months. We will see

Mark, 150 DSG Beach, parking heater, privacy, app connect and a few other bits and pieces (OK quite a few other bits and pieces). Ordered 14 June, was told 4-6 months by dealer I ordered from, others were saying up to 10 months so was sceptical. Haven't worked out what build week the 7 Aug is but sounds like I'm on a similar schedule to you. I was thinking build to delivery would be more like 4 weeks...but No idea where I got that from.

Feeling pretty hopeful it might come sooner than expected / hoped for. Everything now crossed.

Just had build confirmed for week 30, dealer expects the car ready first week of September!

2 week build time + about 3 weeks for shipping, registration, etc.... Anything from 1st Sept will be 67 plate too

Good news Mark. You'll be hoping for an Indian summer then.

Encouraging that your build week only slipped back from 29 to 30 as well. Mine is still unconfirmed week 32 but I'll take week 33.

I visited my local dealer with the idea of buying a van and having it converted , most companies are quoted a conversion date of 3 months , starting in September after looking at various models it did not seem the same as buying a real California so I decided to forget the idea of a converted Van and look for the real deal . On driving back as a passenger I looked for VW van dealers in the area , and called asking them Have you got T6 California in stock Yes sir, DGS Yes, LED lights Yes , it was for sale delivery 2 days but for us the wrong colour , on my way home I called 3 dealers all having new vehicles in stock, in fact most where delivery miles
I called a dealer within 50 miles and asked the same question this time right colour with a very high spec , don't think there where any options not fitted , I drove up looked at it and picked it up the next day without waiting months , the build date was less that 2 weeks but was ordered March 2016

It does seem dealers place orders for stock demo units along with factory orders placed by new customers

It seems there is no list for dealers who have orders to get unsold units from other dealers in fact I would be as bold to say dealers hide them by pre Reg them so they cant be available to other dealers who have orders most have all the goodies you would want inc a Cigar lighter torch

Mine had 4 miles on the clock and did not even have number plates fitted

My point is I found lets say in Kent/Sussex /surrey 5 new T6 California's unsold with very high specs , 2 dealers had two !! each

This seems so unfair when people have to wait months to get your new vehicle

I was told it would take 9 months after placing my order , please shop around if you find one ask for the build spec sheet and then go and look you will see as in my case you will see
order date 20/05/16 built date 20/05/17 arrived in UK 1/06/07 at docks , left docks 07/06/17 delivered to dealer 07/06/17
sold to me and drove away on 09/06/17

And they had another same spec for say arrived 3 days later for sale

So ring every dealer you will find them available anywhere all for sale and wont wait 9 months as I was told

I ordered a 150DSG 4 motion Ocean last week from my local dealer in Elche (Spain). He says to expect delivery in mid November (approx. 5.5 months). A delivery date should be confirmed by the factory within 2 weeks. This seems to be a bit quicker than the UK models so it might be down to the requirements for RHD that cause the extra delays.

My build week 18 van is finally in the U.K. and on its way to the dealer this week (due to work, we can't pick it up until next Friday). So it will have been 7.5, almost 8 months since ordering. A long wait but now the end is near.....we are very excited!!!!!

Oh, thats more worrying - it was built in week 18 (assume this week is 28), that's 2 weeks to build plus 8 to ship and register...

Steve, I ordered mine in early December 2016 and have been told it's build week 32 also. Mine is an 4Motion Ocean.

Oh, thats more worrying - it was built in week 18 (assume this week is 28), that's 2 weeks to build plus 8 to ship and register...
Sorry, it was actually week 19. But still, took 4-5 weeks in build, two weeks to ship. Arrived in U.K. Last Thursday and at dealer yesterday. I think we were unlucky with the length of build time so hopefully yours will be quicker

Steve, I ordered mine in early December 2016 and have been told it's build week 32 also. Mine is an 4Motion Ocean.

Feeling a little guilty we've got the same build week (mine in unconfirmed) as I only ordered 14 June. I assume it comes down to what spec you've ordered...and a lot of luck?

General question can anyone confirm what build week we are in now? Like Mark I think it's 28, although Outlook says this is week 29. Presume they start building in week 2 after the holiday season.

Just had another positive update on my Ocean build, it has been completed, so now waiting on shipping, registration, etc... My mid October delivery could now be end August in the school holidays :)

Just had another positive update on my Ocean build, it has been completed, so now waiting on shipping, registration, etc... My mid October delivery could now be end August in the school holidays :)
Awesome...hope you get it before the end of the hols.

No update on mine, so still unconfirmed build next week, was expecting to be told it has slipped or been confirmed by now.

Just had confirmation that my Beach is being built this week!! 9 weeks from order to build so not quick but much quicker than expected.

Great news Steve! Mine was the same, 9 weeks. You'll be collecting a '67 plate in early September at this rate :)

Thanks Mark. If you go on and collect yours in Aug I'm hoping I might be the first on a 67 plate

Just received latest update from VWCS. Build completed yesterday and van now "in transit from factory". All good for me so far. Dealer and VWCS have both been brilliant proactively contacting me with updates.

Now the scary bit begins...getting the cash together to pay for it. Goes to look down the back of the sofa to find a few pennies and begins stocking up on baked beans.

Back