Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Elevating Roof Fabric

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having just spoken to Westbury VW, I am progressing up the roof repair waiting list and expect to get a slot within the next 3 to 4 months, earlier, if I am happy with a VW Polo instead of a Cali.

I understand that my T5 roof bellows will be replaced with the revised T6 version, What are peoples experiences with this fabric so far? It looks like they might let more light through, so our early wake up call from our 3 year old could be even earlier if the light streams through?

Thanks,

Andrew.

We've had our T6 3 months now & we were surprised how light the top area was when we got the Cali. However we fitted the Cali Cozy in the first week of ownership following recommendations on the forum and it's great. Kids sleep in to 8am no problem.

Think if you check out the roof repair topic , there are some have it done and indeed changed the canvas....think those are in perfect position to answer your Q.
And people owning a T6 having previous had a 5-er can compare the best...

Nice fabric & finish, but it's a lightbox. I'm going to buy a liner asap.

We had an SE for 3 years and now have a T6. The fabric certainly creates a lighter environment. We had our roof cap on for 3 nights over half term and then took it off for the next 3 when the risk of rain had passed. I didn't honestly notice much difference between with and without the cap and as we don't have the windows in our cap I prefer it without so I can open the roof window. I am a light sleeper but haven't found it too bright.
My wife sleeps through anything but is a bit paranoid about casting a sillouette as a previous thread suggested, and I think you have to be a bit more careful about what pose you strike if you have the roof lights on without a roof cap shall we say!
With a roof cap on you can barely see that a light is on even when it's really dark.

Back