T6 Ocean Under Unit Light mind of its own

2020 freedom

2020 freedom

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Jason.

It is the illuminated strip under the unit apparently vw will not send bulletins out to dealers until enough people notify there dealers about this fault.

Alan
Mine does this too.....
I understand the numbers to make this a bulletin don't need to be huge, I think its about how many a single dealer has experience of so its better that one dealer see's shall we say 10 of these than 10 dealers seeing 1 each.
I also thought Breeze at Poole are close to the number required.
I'd be interested to know if @Soton Campers yours is fixed as they are closest to me. However fancied a trip to Poole on a nice sunny day when my service is due.:thumb.

california kid

california kid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi 2020 Freedom.

Our dealership is Breeze at Poole, although Martin the Vw Guru has left Breeze there
are details from him from a previous thread about this fault.
I am dealing with Breeze Poole at present, since Soton Campers have had one of there California‘s sorted at Breeze Totton, they are going to speak with them and get back to me. Although I have no problems going to Totton.
If I get any more information I will post on forum.

Alan.

J

Jay gas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I’ve got this problem with my strip light above the kitchen cupboards. Mine went to breeze Totton this week and is now in the process of going to breeze Poole. Looking forward to getting it sorted

L

Lightning

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Mine had this. It took them a day to diagnose, and was fixed the next day. They changed a relay under the fridge. It worked for around 2 months, then stopped working in camping mode.

J

Jay gas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Mine just goes on and off in driving mode mainly when I’m braking. Must be my lead foot, it’s fine in camping mode.

L

Lightning

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Mine just goes on and off in driving mode mainly when I’m braking. Must be my lead foot, it’s fine in camping mode.
Mine used to turn on and pulsate randomly. When it was off it would flash once every 10 minutes. Since it’s been fixed camping mode now doesn’t work. Way too complicated for a light switch...

2020 freedom

2020 freedom

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
In general there is enough information on this forum for VW to concede and do the right thing. A forward thinking company would take this onboard and not wait for it to come through the old official channels I might contact Customer Care.

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Soton Campers.

How long did it take, was the wiring taken from behind the dash to under the passengers seat.

Alan
They had it for a couple of days but mine was having some other bits and bobs done too so don't know about that particular procedure. They didn't elaborate which leisure battery (and I never asked) but as the leisure batteries are wired in series I'm assuming it wouldn't matter which? Whichever is more convenient I imagine?

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
They had it for a couple of days but mine was having some other bits and bobs done too so don't know about that particular procedure. They didn't elaborate which leisure battery (and I never asked) but as the leisure batteries are wired in series I'm assuming it wouldn't matter which? Whichever is more convenient I imagine?
Parallel

Kirx

Kirx

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello,
The strip light, by the sink on my 19 Cali also had a problem, it wouldn’t switch ‘off’ completely, for a while, just on very, very dim, hardly noticeable except when you’re sleeping ‘downstairs’, and it’s really blimmin’ annoying. It’s gone off now, of it’s own accord! I’m booked in at Breeze Poole, over half term, as have some other little ‘snags’, being sorted, I hope they can prevent it from happening again.
Will keep you posted.
Kind regards, Kirstie

california kid

california kid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Kirstie.
Thank you for your reply, I am waiting for Breeze Poole to contact me regarding our
under sink light.
If you get yours sorted please keep us informed, would very much appreciate your comments on the fix and time span.

Alan