Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean Under Unit Light mind of its own

Hello,
The strip light, by the sink on my 19 Cali also had a problem, it wouldn’t switch ‘off’ completely, for a while, just on very, very dim, hardly noticeable except when you’re sleeping ‘downstairs’, and it’s really blimmin’ annoying. It’s gone off now, of it’s own accord! I’m booked in at Breeze Poole, over half term, as have some other little ‘snags’, being sorted, I hope they can prevent it from happening again.
Will keep you posted.
Kind regards, Kirstie

Hi Kirstie.
Thank you for your reply, I am waiting for Breeze Poole to contact me regarding our
under sink light.
If you get yours sorted please keep us informed, would very much appreciate your comments on the fix and time span.

Alan

Purley by chance I turned mine to come on with the door opening last night. just been out in van, came back, locked it and noticed the light go off and then come straight back on again. so if I hadn't noticed it, it would probably stayed on until next time I used the van. Not good. With the current lockdown my usual dealer is closed and my warranty is up soon so who do I report it to?

Purley by chance I turned mine to come on with the door opening last night. just been out in van, came back, locked it and noticed the light go off and then come straight back on again. so if I hadn't noticed it, it would probably stayed on until next time I used the van. Not good. With the current lockdown my usual dealer is closed and my warranty is up soon so who do I report it to?
Report to your main dealer, if it’s like mine, Breeze, Poole, there is a ‘skeleton’ staff on site, although, they are not taking in van repairs now. I’d email the dealers’ manager, so you have it on record, as well as a phone call, leaving a message.

I was worried about my warranty too, but I have still got a couple of years, but I spoke with the repairs guy at my dealers yesterday and he seemed to acknowledge that it would not have been a problem, as they knew of the problem well before.

It’s a common issue, it seems, so if the dealer is reasonable, I think they ‘should’ take that into account during ‘lockdown’. Just get the issue recorded with them as soon as you can.

A dealer somewhere in this country has the solution to this, there is a fix but if I remember it required some wiring under the dash modifying.....
Seems to be a problem. I’d like to know the fix ASAP as it’s doing my box in. That light is really handy when opening the sliding door with kids when it’s dark.

A dealer somewhere in this country has the solution to this, there is a fix but if I remember it required some wiring under the dash modifying.....
Seems to be a problem. I’d like to know the fix ASAP as it’s doing my box in. That light is really handy when opening the sliding door with kids when it’s dark.
Let’s hope so, my van has been in for this repair THREE times over the past two months and the kitchen light is still ON all the time, ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Agree with the others I’d report that via email / phone so at least it’s logged against you Vehical my dealer (Coventry) we’re unaware of an issue so I believe this takes time to circulate

booked in for 1st may, I shall let you all know the outcome.
After being cancelled twice due to covid it has finally gone in to be fixed, fingers crossed, they have had it two days already and have confirmed today they are going to change a relay under the fridge. Other bits being done while its in. I will keep u all updated.

After being cancelled twice due to covid it has finally gone in to be fixed, fingers crossed, they have had it two days already and have confirmed today they are going to change a relay under the fridge. Other bits being done while its in. I will keep u all updated.
Yes please if you could let us know what the details of the lighting issue are it would be great. I’ve had mine in twice and they couldn’t find an issue.....

Yes please if you could let us know what the details of the lighting issue are it would be great. I’ve had mine in twice and they couldn’t find an issue.....
As of today still not fixed, waiting for parts from germany, they seem to think it is related to a relay under fridge welded closed, hmmmm.
Anyways, waiting for phone call to tale it back in, but on a plus note they did fill up the add blue...

That’s interesting as I had a light issue which seems to be fine now, but have since developed a fridge issue where it turns on when plugged in on hookup.
I don’t know if they are connected but it will have to go back to breeze Poole for some investigation I think

Hi yes there are a problem with the under unit lighting and presently one of our other master techs and myself are looking into the problem it is due to a 0.5 volt fluctuations to the kitchen lighting control unit. I will let you know when we ha ex’s fix
Our my19 ocean has just started doing this, could you all let me know has yours been fixed & if so how? Thanks

Our my19 ocean has just started doing this, could you all let me know has yours been fixed & if so how? Thanks
Yes, had mine fixed under warranty at Breeze Totton. They were well aware of the fault and fixed it without issue.

Help required - our under counter kitchen lights have developed a fault. Yesterday they wouldn’t change from driving mode to camping then wouldn’t switch on. Oh well - we could live with that for now. At 3am the light decided to switch on and go through a dimming cycle - still going 4hrs later so not ideal for sleeping! Anyone else experienced this and whether there is a fix or at least option to turn the light off for now?

Yes, had mine fixed under warranty at Breeze Totton. They were well aware of the fault and fixed it without issue.
Brilliant thank you for letting me know, do you mind sharing what the fix was & how long it took? Thanks

Brilliant thank you for letting me know, do you mind sharing what the fix was & how long it took? Thanks
I didn't really concern myself with the specifics of the fix. I just informed Breeze of the problem. They booked it in, fixed it, I picked it up. I can't remember how long it took, I think I left it with them for the day.

I didn't really concern myself with the specifics of the fix. I just informed Breeze of the problem. They booked it in, fixed it, I picked it up. I can't remember how long it took, I think I left it with them for the day.
Ok thank you anyway.

Help required - our under counter kitchen lights have developed a fault. Yesterday they wouldn’t change from driving mode to camping then wouldn’t switch on. Oh well - we could live with that for now. At 3am the light decided to switch on and go through a dimming cycle - still going 4hrs later so not ideal for sleeping! Anyone else experienced this and whether there is a fix or at least option to turn the light off for now?
yes its becoming a known fault.
Only a couple of dealers in this country know what the fix is, we are all still awaiting some more info on here so that we may pass it on to our local dealers and somewhat educate them.
Needs doing soon as im out of warranty in a few months

Kitchen lights now fixed after waiting for parts on back order. Curiously now the radio has lost signal on dab and fm. I know they have been fiddling under the passenger sear and guess moving wiring between the leisure and start battery so just booked it in again for next week. Keep u all informed

Kitchen lights now fixed after waiting for parts on back order. Curiously now the radio has lost signal on dab and fm. I know they have been fiddling under the passenger sear and guess moving wiring between the leisure and start battery so just booked it in again for next week. Keep u all informed
Just fixed the radio issue, usb adapter plugged into lighter socket in dash sending out interference, unplugged it and radio as good as new. Adapter normally used in the kitchen socket and never an issue.

Just fixed the radio issue, usb adapter plugged into lighter socket in dash sending out interference, unplugged it and radio as good as new. Adapter normally used in the kitchen socket and never an issue.
Pretty sure I have used an adapter in the lighter socket and was OK...so I hope its something to do with your adapter.
Also which dealer fixed yours?

Could you ask them what the fix was please for the light. My garage still has no idea