Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 California Hybrid to be presented in June 2021?

The back of it looks like a Toyota and everything looks a bit too rounded off for my liking - ie less space to play with.

I’m not sure that car companies / manufacturers views on progress matches mine.... In so many areas (not just cars) it feels like we have reached and gone past the peak of excellence, and we’re now tumbling down the other side, mostly due to cost savings and the ever-increasing need for shareholder profits in a global financial environment that isn’t very favourable at the moment.

Consumer looses :(

Said it before

Images of T5.1 released, people preferred the T5
Images of T6 released, people preferred the T5.1
Images of T6.1 released, people preferred the T6
Images of T7 released, people prefer the T6.1
Different platform this time round though, which raises questions on practicality (incl.payload) not just aesthetics.

I still don't think this model shown will ever be a T7 California..
That's why I always thought was the reasoning behind the Grand California introduction.
T6x replacement too small to convert.

Said it before

While this is often the way with new car design, The T5 to T6.1 are the same vehicle with different clothes. What we’re looking at here is totally different. I always thought the T5.1 had the best looking front end. The T6/6.1 has the best looking back end. I really like the look of the new sport line front on the T6.1 as well, the T6 never got that right.

Said it before

Same on all forums. The existing buyers prefer the old one, the prospective buyers are excited to wait for the new one. I am awaiting to have more info... I also looking at very different options. Mrv from auto campers ticks all the boxes for us but who knows, vw could surprise us with the t7. This is a huge market for thrm now... maybe they will out serious effort into it this time.

Its not looking any prettier thats for sure or making me reconsider cancelling the T6.1 order. And what point is a huge glass roof with a pop top, especially when when the view is obstructed by solar panels.
The view would be obstructed by the roof bed more than the solar panel. Unless you are interested in stargazing in bed, it would be pointless.

Same on all forums. The existing buyers prefer the old one, the prospective buyers are excited to wait for the new one.

As a prospective buyer, the only thing that excites me about a potential T7 California is that it may actually fit in my garage. And, as it would be my only 'car', the plug in hybrid possibility is also interesting, although it will likely be priced in such a way as to not make economic sense (for me). Otherwise I think the current T6.1 looks better... can't say if it is better because we have no details of said T7 Cali

I think it's safe to assume the California version of the T7, assuming such a thing does appear (and they don't instead make a 6.2 or some such) will not have that glass roof. Makes no sense.

As much as I dislike VW, and I do, for Dieselgate and also being so late to the market with EV’s (though they are better that 90% of the dinosaur
ICE manufacturers which won’t survive the decade).

The Transporter, Multivan, California etc are HUGE in terms of income for VW. It’s amusing that some feedback here and other forums, people talk as if VW have no idea what they are doing! As if they are going to make completely stupid choices.

The T7 would have had literally millions spent on researching it, even though VW make / have made huge mistakes. They have people that know what they are doing.

It’s almost like people believe that won’t have thought about the glass roof and the California, almost like they’ll start production and go ‘we didn’t think about this glass roof’

Based on the history it’s hard to see a reason that the T7 will not be as successful as the T1, T2, T25, T32(?), T4, T5 and T6.

It’s fun speculating though and reading everyone thoughts.

I wonder what a psychologist would tell us about how humans value appearance. There was a lot of noise before and at launch of the 'oversized' 'ugly' kidney grille on the front of the new BMW M4 ("what were they thinking?!"..."a face only a mother could love" etc). But recent journalism has moved ..."its growing on me"..."looks better with a number plate"..."suits its aggression" etc.
When new models emerge, its human nature to focus on the difference and compare it with the last, but it often finds its place in our psyche quickly, and takes auto design on a step. Particularly if spy shots of disguised cars are leaked and then at launch the polished designers intention is revealed...

1619598273226.png

As much as I dislike VW, and I do, for Dieselgate and also being so late to the market with EV’s (though they are better that 90% of the dinosaur
ICE manufacturers which won’t survive the decade).

The Transporter, Multivan, California etc are HUGE in terms of income for VW. It’s amusing that some feedback here and other forums, people talk as if VW have no idea what they are doing! As if they are going to make completely stupid choices.

The T7 would have had literally millions spent on researching it, even though VW make / have made huge mistakes. They have people that know what they are doing.

It’s almost like people believe that won’t have thought about the glass roof and the California, almost like they’ll start production and go ‘we didn’t think about this glass roof’

Based on the history it’s hard to see a reason that the T7 will not be as successful as the T1, T2, T25, T32(?), T4, T5 and T6.

It’s fun speculating though and reading everyone thoughts.
Lets hope the expensive slush mouldings used on the T6 custom dash and other cab surfaces that disappeared on the 6.1 will return on the T7, accountants hey.

The new Multivan will be equipped with the latest infotaiment system and for the first time it will be equipped with the 360 ° camera "Area view"
❗️
1f3a5.png
1f4aa_1f3fb.png

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has dispensed the gear knob in the new Multivan. The reason for this: The new Multivan generation is equipped as standard with a dual clutch gear box (DSG). The shift-by-wire technology transmitted signals from the DSG gear selector in the Multivan electronically.

The technology behind it: Shift-by-wire. The electronic transmission of the switching signals is meant. With a click. The prerequisite for this is the fact that the Multivan will in future be fitted with a DSG, as standard
❗️
Because where there is no longer a manual gearbox, there is no longer any need for a manual gearshift with a gear knob.

The gap for climbing through to the back becomes even bigger. So that you can quickly jump into the back to see to the children during a stop. Or to get something from the cool box.

There is also initial information about the new seating concept of the Multivan, which in future will only offer full flexibility with completely variable individual seats.

You can also see that there will be an extremely large glass roof in the future, which will even be made in two parts. This means that not only the passengers in the rear have a clear view of the sky, because the driver and front passenger can also enjoy the glass roof
❗️
1f60d.png

In the design sketch for the exterior design, the new led headlights immediately catch the eye, which are connected to one another by a continuous light strip as we already know from the Golf 8!

It is also noticeable that there will be a two-tone paintwork again as we already know from the T6.
1f3a8.png

Stay tuned
❗️
1f60e.png
✌

I wonder what a psychologist would tell us about how humans value appearance. There was a lot of noise before and at launch of the 'oversized' 'ugly' kidney grille on the front of the new BMW M4 ("what were they thinking?!"..."a face only a mother could love" etc). But recent journalism has moved ..."its growing on me"..."looks better with a number plate"..."suits its aggression" etc.
When new models emerge, its human nature to focus on the difference and compare it with the last, but it often finds its place in our psyche quickly, and takes auto design on a step. Particularly if spy shots of disguised cars are leaked and then at launch the polished designers intention is revealed...

View attachment 77515
When the 5 series bmw bangle was released... I found it incredibly ugly... 5 years later, I loved the design and bought one.

I know it’s only a render, but that looks very slick and contemporary to me. The single front light is a nice touch and is becoming VWs signature look across their new range. I know for some it’s marmite, but I really like the new T6.1 front end and this render looks like another positive move forward. For me, I’m more interested in the overall ‘van’ shape and how they are going to soften the lines from the current box we all have now. The Buzz has managed this well but just isn’t big enough to house the volume of kit the T5-T6.1 offers.
If VW are going to be offering a hybrid or even a fully electric version of this new vehicle, then it’s going to be exciting to watch it develop, as it’s probably going to be one of the biggest changes in the history of the Cali since the spilt screen.

Back