Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Week 45 Club

Thank you both - so as far as GrahamB's experience goes, it could take as little as 3 weeks from production to delivery...?

excellent !!! Got a 45 build ordered 19th August, did worry about the potential of the extra duty, now thinking of getting VB air suspension in place of the duty!!

GG, what handover did you get?
A video prior to arrival at the dealership. Actually on site it was minimal due to Covid restrictions. Basically a socially distanced conversation with the salesman and a package containing keys etc left on a counter for collection. It was fine though.

Thank you both - so as far as GrahamB's experience goes, it could take as little as 3 weeks from production to delivery...?
I think got lucky. From posts in this and other threads it has taken much longer for some orders to find their way through the factory and some seem to get delayed in transit.

Big news - dealer just sent one of those handy video updates and told me my Cali is at the UK port! I am surprised how quick this has been from build week 44. He said he thought it would be with them in another seven days. Not long now - anyone else arrived on the same ship?
I had more great news today our week 43 199 4motion is confirmed at Sheerness. Things moved on quickly in the last 3 weeks. There’s hope for all.

Wow your van looks so neat ! I love the wood effect flooring, super glad I specced this now, is yours the grey one? Love it
Yes, standard colour on the Ocean.

Oooohh mine is also in the UK - checked this morning and it arrived in Grimsby on Thursday. Not long now!!
Have you had any update since?
I've not heard anything from the dealer this week!

Have you had any update since?
I've not heard anything from the dealer this week!
I checked with the dealer on Friday @Zooks - he said it hadn't arrived with him yet so it's likely it'll be this coming week. He said he'd be able to deliver just 2-3 days after it arrives with him, so I'm hopeful that I'll be playing with it next weekend.

I checked with the dealer on Friday @Zooks - he said it hadn't arrived with him yet so it's likely it'll be this coming week. He said he'd be able to deliver just 2-3 days after it arrives with him, so I'm hopeful that I'll be playing with it next weekend.

Ah ok thanks. Not sure i can collect mine yet anyway as the van will be across the border in England!
Hope you get yours soon though

Frustratingly as of today mine is still stuck at rhe UK port, so all the excitement of getting through the factory and shipped to the uk in record time turns out to have been premature. Can’t understand why it takes so long to get it moved once its in the uk but hey ho. To be fair, Tom at Breeze has been keeping me regularly updated and was trying to get some news out of the VW brand people today.

This is my week 45 order - email received this morning from VW

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

This email is a follow up after a conversation we had recently on LiveChat about your California Ocean. I wanted to provide an order update for order number XXXXXXXX

Your California Ocean is at the end of the assembly line. The Factory is in the process of completing the final check point. There are some delays and it is taking a little longer than usual because of the model year changes and the changes to Real Driving Emissions (RDE2).

I would kindly ask you to contact us on LiveChat towards the end of next week and we would be more than happy to provide you with an update.

Thanks for contacting Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK, I hope that this helps you today. If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our LiveChat Team over on the following page: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/about-us/contact-us.html

I hope you have a great day.

Kind regards

You lucky lucky ...........! I am holding off chatting with VW until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully my week 43 has actually left Hannover yet! It's strange how one or two get left behind, there must be quality issues?

Me too..... its become abit of an obsession :Nailbiting Where are you getting yours from. We have to go to Preston
Ours is from Preston too but we negotiated delivery when we ordered. Presumably they're sitting up there together right now! Do you think our obsessions will calm down after we've had them a week or two??

You lucky lucky ...........! I am holding off chatting with VW until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully my week 43 has actually left Hannover yet! It's strange how one or two get left behind, there must be quality issues?
Yes I agree there is some unexplained variance in lead times. We got lucky... it will be almost exactly 3 months from order to delivery.

Back