Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel to France

Romke, if you are going to quote folk, don’t just pick bits out, you conveniently missed out the next few words, where it stated “or if you can prove your main residence is in France”, which pretty much covers the residency bit

Romke, if you are going to quote folk, don’t just pick bits out, you conveniently missed out the next few words, where it stated “or if you can prove your main residence is in France”, which pretty much covers the residency bit
Missed that. My bad. Apologies!

THINK ! before making any arrangements, Germany has just announce cases have TRIPLED ! and who are joined to them ????
Even when/if they say ' come over all is well 'maybe sometime this year would you feel an 'alien' ?, for instance in a supermarket speaking Anglais and the locals ' stare at you ' ?????
It was bad enough filling for fuel and having some inpatient 'FROG ' blowing the horn because we are from GB ! though very few did do it to us in 26 yrs going there!

There was a question on the Vine show BBC R2 today where the lady had a Ferry and Campsite booked for August. Simon Calder the travel ‘expert’ thought that was likely to be OK.
Personally I have ferry and site booked 1st July. Would currently put that at 50-50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THINK ! before making any arrangements, Germany has just announce cases have TRIPLED ! and who are joined to them ????
Even when/if they say ' come over all is well 'maybe sometime this year would you feel an 'alien' ?, for instance in a supermarket speaking Anglais and the locals ' stare at you ' ?????
It was bad enough filling for fuel and having some inpatient 'FROG ' blowing the horn because we are from GB ! though very few did do it to us in 26 yrs going there!
How si
Quite misleading about Germany?
Using individual data for individual days is never going to tell a full picture. R is at 0.94 And average daily deaths over last 7 days is between 100-200.....something we’d be quite satisfied with I guess?
Just wait for a consolidated picture, that will tell you whether they have an issue. At the moment, no issue.

The only site that i visit for corona updates is this one.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Although people tell me that the figures are skewed, is there another site to
see the figures? as im tending not to believe it now.

Those are the official figures from the various national governments. Some people get emotional when they are quoted because different governments have different methods for collecting the data. However, it should also be noted that the British Government use exactly the same information at the daily briefings.

Those are the official figures from the various national governments. Some people get emotional when they are quoted because different governments have different methods for collecting the data. However, it should also be noted that the British Government use exactly the same information at the daily briefings.
So is that the -official site- then? I cant understand how we in germany are
looking quite low compared with others.

So is that the -official site- then? I cant understand how we in germany are
looking quite low compared with others.

No - it’s not the official site, it’s a commercial site collating the official figures from national governments. If you click the country hyperlink you will find a link to the source data from each national Government.

Watching this with great interest...We were due to travel to France for two weeks holiday in April currently in the Insurance claim nightmare for that one...then due to travel around France for school summer 6 week holiday in Late July -August and pondering what we should do...Obviously worried but wanting to make informed decisions, particularly as all 4 of us are going to be in school(either working or being educated) and probably in higher risk of infection there than when we (possibly) holiday in rural France...

Watching this with great interest...We were due to travel to France for two weeks holiday in April currently in the Insurance claim nightmare for that one...then due to travel around France for school summer 6 week holiday in Late July -August and pondering what we should do...Obviously worried but wanting to make informed decisions, particularly as all 4 of us are going to be in school(either working or being educated) and probably in higher risk of infection there than when we (possibly) holiday in rural France...
The locals in rural France may not see it the same way.

Read this today, don't quote me on it.
Twas in german and I've pasted a translation.

On the borders with France, Austria and Switzerland, they are to continue until 15 June. However, starting Saturday, only random checks will be made at all German borders, said Federal Minister of the Interior Horst Seehofer (CSU) in Berlin. Then all border crossings are to be opened. The goal is to have free travel again starting June 15th, if the development of the pandemic allows it at that time.

It’s fine just need a negative test on a non NHS LFT to travel to France for UK Citizen’s and then the LFT 48Hrs pre return and PCR wishing 48Hrs of return.

As Prof Chris Whitty said prioritise what is important to you.

It’s fine just need a negative test on a non NHS LFT to travel to France for UK Citizen’s and then the LFT 48Hrs pre return and PCR wishing 48Hrs of return.

I read it differently. I’m booked on the Euro Tunnel for 1700 on the 18th. As at midnight on the 18th December the rules change so that only those with justifiable reasons can enter. Tourism isn’t one on the list.

You've missed the bit about not being allowed into France !

If you do have a justifiable reason for going you have to isolate for 2 days at a proper address & cant leave that address until you have a further negative test.

Yeah guys I skimmed it and miss read, sorry

As long as Spain don’t follow suit as I’m on a flight tomorrow

I read it differently. I’m booked on the Euro Tunnel for 1700 on the 18th. As at midnight on the 18th December the rules change so that only those with justifiable reasons can enter. Tourism isn’t one on the list.

But surly if you’re already in France they can’t stop you entering

But surly if you’re already in France they can’t stop you entering

Yes I’ve got my fingers crossed. 1. My PCR test tomorrow is negative (feeling confident) and 2. They don’t bring in any other restrictions prior to midnight on the 18th.

I’m going to stop posting now just realised you would be 17hrs late to get away with this……. Or move your tunnel booking 24hr to the left

I’m going to stop posting now just realised you would be 17hrs late to get away with this…….
18 hours - don't forget the time difference, actually where does France start? is it passport control at Folkestone?

Back