Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France IS next ☹️

Why would you not want to give the correct contact details?
I work in healthcare. I prefer to be beyond reproach, thus did as Boris instructed ( despite my general feelings related to the process). Consequently I was supposed to be back with the missus and kids this week for a fortnight and didn’t want the kids to miss any school- as I was booked for AL anyway I could easily accommodate the quarantine period
one of my mates was in one of the many exempt categories ( or at least how he chose to perceive it...)
The other lad doesn’t want to sit at home for a fortnight not getting paid a wage and doesn’t fancy anyone knocking on his door

Perhaps. But I seriously doubt they are arsed at all.
there was little more than a cursory glance and discussion of the weather we had been enjoying. the French cared even less of course and didn’t actually take the passports off us just waved us through

When the form is completed there is a QR code that apparently is “ to be checked”- and it wasn’t checked with any of us three. I believe from fellow travelers who had been out the previous week though that they were checking on people’s phones for the email reply to the firms the previous week
Personally I seriously doubt the whole thing is anything more than a gesture exercise that has fulfilled two of its purposes- “appearing “ to demonstrate proactivety of govt response and secondly to dissuade travel
My son would Disagree. They didn’t have their forms checked but got a phone call a few days later.
Why would anyone want to try and beat the system?

I just do not understand why supposedly intelligent people would try and beat the system for purely selfish reasons and personal gain.
Yet those same people complain that Track &Trace isn’t effective and now we know why.

My son would Disagree. They didn’t have their forms checked but got a phone call a few days later.
Why would anyone want to try and beat the system?

also the phone call doesn’t actually prove you are quarantining - it’s a telephone call.
re beat the system-
Because they disagree with it? Or feel the whole thing is a hypocritical mess ? Or don’t want to be inconvenienced? Or don’t really care? Or think “ why should I when the government advisors can seemingly do what the hell they want?” Or don’t believe there is a significant risk etc etc
Or most likely because they will lose money by being sat off at home for 2/52 not getting paid because of a hastily implemented, back- of- a- fag packet government response
( disclaimer-sent from my quarantine shed! Day 7...no contact to any of my party )

I just do not understand why supposedly intelligent people would try and beat the system for purely selfish reasons and personal gain.
Yet those same people complain that Track &Trace isn’t effective and now we know why.
C’est la vie....

Sorry, Pathetic reasons.
Phone call to fixed landline confirms presence and phone call to mobile can also confirm position.

Hand over your phone number and get nuisance phone calls at all hours! Couple of questions here, why is it nuisance call! It’s a call that you have been told you are possibly going to get. And am interested in definition of “all hours” I doubt anyone has had a phone call in the hours after midnight to early morning.

Birmingham airport last week were checking that forms had been completed.
failing to complete, whinging about completing just highlights a selfishness

Sorry, Pathetic reasons.
Phone call to fixed landline confirms presence and phone call to mobile can also confirm position.
[/QUOTE
You asked- I gave some responses. They seem good enough reasons to those who opine them- especially those not getting paid- why does anyone break the rules in life?
As I said , I’ve played the game - mainly to be seen to lead by example should anyone ask ( as you know, doesn’t look good, NHS breaking the rules) but not because I actually believe in the whole pretext of the quarantine rationale- I don’t. I’m sat drinking my French wine, watching James Bond and glancing at my non ringing work phone which has sat with me for seven days and will be with me for seven more
I’ve worked through six months of worse bullshit than this believe me....

I don’t have a fixed landline - my mum is the only person I know that does have one! Loads of folk don’t have them anymore.
Seriously , Do you really think the government are cross referencing mobile phone telemetry to ascertain if Joe Bloggs is sat in his house for a fortnight after a French trip? Really ?
There’s nothing to actually stop people leaving one phone at home on divert to another if they are so paranoid that border force is watching their every move ( if they were that would demonstrate some admirable organizational skills which have until now been in short supply ...)

Going back to my original post this morning can I just say that I certainly wasn’t looking for rule breaking options . I do take the process seriously for all its failings . Having done some further investigation I’ m pretty satisfied that no stop transiting complies with both the letter and the spirit of the quarantine rules and intend to proceed accordingly.

I non-stopped back to the UK from Switzerland last week (well before Switz was added to the list) , declared that on the form and feel that is in full compliance with both the spirit and letter of the process

I read somewhere that spot checks are being made for the QR. Those without them are fined £100 and asked to complete the online form.

Compliance is high.

Spot checks for self-quarantine are made by phoning numbers given. Up to three repeat calls are made, if still no answer, details are passed to local police to check on quarantine. No details yet of compliance following police checks, but high compliance following phone call spot checks.

You do not require 100% compliance for regulations to be effective.

Personally I'm against submitting private information to an organisation who then outsource to private companies who then sell on this information which is exactly what has been happening nothing to do with beating any system that would be what intelligent people would oppose

Hand over your phone number and get nuisance phone calls at all hours! Couple of questions here, why is it nuisance call! It’s a call that you have been told you are possibly going to get. And am interested in definition of “all hours” I doubt anyone has had a phone call in the hours after midnight to early morning.

Birmingham airport last week were checking that forms had been completed.
failing to complete, whinging about completing just highlights a selfishness
Complaints from my area include phone calls in early hours asking females if they would like to go on dates,this in my eyes constitutes nuisance calls and call hours,these are facts not speculations,these calls come from outsourced private companies but hey just keep following the sheep in front

Personally I'm against submitting private information to an organisation who then outsource to private companies who then sell on this information which is exactly what has been happening nothing to do with beating any system that would be what intelligent people would oppose
So you say. Evidence?
There is none, just paranoia on your part, I'm afraid, and an attempt to beat the system for selfish reasons.

Complaints from my area include phone calls in early hours asking females if they would like to go on dates,this in my eyes constitutes nuisance calls and call hours,these are facts not speculations,these calls come from outsourced private companies but hey just keep following the sheep in front
And what has that got to do with the NHS Track and Trace System. Evidence please? As I've said Paranoia on your part. Anybody informed the Police?

Hi @TrevorH, like you we wish to comp!y and work within the requirements. Having previously cancelled our drive to Greece we are now seeing an opportunity to travel to Portugal instead. I've read the GOV document that was attached earlier in this thread and I'm struggling to understand it sufficiently enough based on the route we might take. So for example we catch a ferry to Santander Spain and drive straight to Portugal without mixing with anyone. We have a month in Portugal and return to Santander. At the ferry port I have to get out the vehicle (assuming the boarding process requires me to). From what you understand would we have to isolate upon return to the UK? Thanks
According to UK Gov, yes. Only the Euroshuttle would avoid quarantine as you are obliged to stay within the vehicle. Any ferry from a "Red" country would mean quarantine.

According to UK Gov, yes. Only the Euroshuttle would avoid quarantine as you are obliged to stay within the vehicle. Any ferry from a "Red" country would mean quarantine.
Yes
Hi @TrevorH, like you we wish to comp!y and work within the requirements. Having previously cancelled our drive to Greece we are now seeing an opportunity to travel to Portugal instead. I've read the GOV document that was attached earlier in this thread and I'm struggling to understand it sufficiently enough based on the route we might take. So for example we catch a ferry to Santander Spain and drive straight to Portugal without mixing with anyone. We have a month in Portugal and return to Santander. At the ferry port I have to get out the vehicle (assuming the boarding process requires me to). From what you understand would we have to isolate upon return to the UK? Thanks
agree the consensus is only works with Euroshuttle I’m afraid

That's one example locally there have been numerous examples making radio news
And none that I know of relating to NHS Track and Trace all related to contact info collected from bars, restaurants etc.
If you are getting calls and texts trying to proposition you then you must be visiting some dodgy places.

And none that I know of relating to NHS Track and Trace all related to contact info collected from bars, restaurants etc.
If you are getting calls and texts trying to proposition you then you must be visiting some dodgy places.
I've not had any calls having not shared my data so far but others have in the merseyside area and obviously sky news have reported...