Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France IS next ☹️

We've re discovered Scotland. Plenty of places to social distance and helping with their economy staying on sites every night.

Social distancing! Go down tooting high street Mon Tue or Wed night every single curry house 9 pm at night had probably 20 to 30 people in the queue, never mind how tightly rammed inside.
Dnot think anyone seems to link the number of tests with the number of positive or negative results.
No tests no positive results Does not mean no one has it.

The French gorvernment yesterday has declared 21 departments as red. Red is not lockdown, but regions with the fastest rate of contamination with Covid-19.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

coronamap.jpg

Here's the complete corona map.

Marc.

infographie-visactu-1598544494.jpg

Social distancing! Go down tooting high street Mon Tue or Wed night every single curry house 9 pm at night had probably 20 to 30 people in the queue, never mind how tightly rammed inside.
Dnot think anyone seems to link the number of tests with the number of positive or negative results.
No tests no positive results Does not mean no one has it.
Eat out to help out but stay at home,! dont use public transport but support the high street! Go back to work, its safe but work from home! Clear guidance?

Eat out to help out but stay at home,! dont use public transport but support the high street! Go back to work, its safe but work from home! Clear guidance?
Don’t know where you get your news from. Facebook or Twitter?

There has been a fair amount of press commentary about the ability to avoid quarantine by driving non stop to / from Germany and Eurotunnel
but has anyone on here actually done this or have any feedback based on someone’s direct experience? In the Independent today Simon Calder suggests Italy to uk is ok via non stop across Brenner Pass ( ie non stop thru Austria ) , leisurely through Germany and then non stop 4 hour dash from Aachen. We are sorely tempted since we have long-standing arrangements at the Italian end but want to be realistic .

Aachen to Calais not a problem non stop.

Last edited:
Thanks . Appreciate the distance not an issue but was hoping someone might be able to share on a been there/ done it basis!

There has been a fair amount of press commentary about the ability to avoid quarantine by driving non stop to / from Germany and Eurotunnel
but has anyone on here actually done this or have any feedback based on someone’s direct experience? In the Independent today Simon Calder suggests Italy to uk is ok via non stop across Brenner Pass ( ie non stop thru Austria ) , leisurely through Germany and then non stop 4 hour dash from Aachen. We are sorely tempted since we have long-standing arrangements at the Italian end but want to be realistic .
All I can say is that Border Farce did not check whether we had completed a form when we returned from Calais Eurotunnel on Monday...

All I can say is that Border Farce did not check whether we had completed a form when we returned from Calais Eurotunnel on Monday...
Same here last week. There were three of us in convoy. The customs man actually laughed at me when I asked if he wanted to see our complete form QR code and said “ we aren’t checking them”

Thanks . Appreciate the distance not an issue but was hoping someone might be able to share on a been there/ done it basis!
we did the Tunnel then transited France and Belgium, didn’t feel like any more risk than home. Same amount of masks, the occasional idiot. In the open you are at no higher risk. Want to go to a city centre then sure the risk is there, but no more than in the UK. We took 6 hours as we had a few long stops for very young children. Probably not possible for us without a stop, but we will try on the way back to avoid the toilets by using the portapotti. Traffic was easy.
Holiday insurance valid in Germany but not FR and BE, car insurance valid everywhere, so we bought 48 hour medical from Battleface, includes Covid cover and treatment and FCO listed countries. £25 ish for 2adults 2infants for FR BE GE. Was quoted £280 for 20 days cover. All is possible.
Stay safe.

Spoke with a neighbour today and she suggested that if say you go to Europe for two weeks, one week in France, one week in Germany then your quarantine once back here is only one week not two.

Same here last week. There were three of us in convoy. The customs man actually laughed at me when I asked if he wanted to see our complete form QR code and said “ we aren’t checking them”
Out of interest did you fill one in? I'm off to germany next week and not comfortable with leaving my phone number on these forms especially when you hear about the nuisance calls some have had when leaving their details

we did the Tunnel then transited France and Belgium, didn’t feel like any more risk than home. Same amount of masks, the occasional idiot. In the open you are at no higher risk. Want to go to a city centre then sure the risk is there, but no more than in the UK. We took 6 hours as we had a few long stops for very young children. Probably not possible for us without a stop, but we will try on the way back to avoid the toilets by using the portapotti. Traffic was easy.
Holiday insurance valid in Germany but not FR and BE, car insurance valid everywhere, so we bought 48 hour medical from Battleface, includes Covid cover and treatment and FCO listed countries. £25 ish for 2adults 2infants for FR BE GE. Was quoted £280 for 20 days cover. All is possible.
Stay safe.
Thanks , very useful!

Out of interest did you fill one in? I'm off to germany next week and not comfortable with leaving my phone number on these forms especially when you hear about the nuisance calls some have had when leaving their details
We filled in the form. However if you didn't, and you don't get asked...

Spoke with a neighbour today and she suggested that if say you go to Europe for two weeks, one week in France, one week in Germany then your quarantine once back here is only one week not two.

Who knew?

Does she give racing tips too?

We filled in the form. However if you didn't, and you don't get asked...
Why would they need to check for the form. You hand over your Passport for checking, and the majority have a chip nowadays so done electronically. The form requires your Passport Number so easy to match the two up.

If you don’t fill in the form then don’t hand your Passport over for checking.
No contact number? If your one of those picked to check up on, and they do do it, then no contact number means the Police call round instead .

Why would you not want to give the correct contact details?

Yes. I Filled it in all present and correct - however used my work mobile as main number as I shared some of your concerns.
Needless to say it ain’t rang once
One if the lads filled his form and said he was exempt
Another mate didn’t fill his in at all
None of us have heard a thing

Why would they need to check for the form. You hand over your Passport for checking, and the majority have a chip nowadays so done electronically. The form requires your Passport Number so easy to match the two up.
Perhaps. But I seriously doubt they are arsed at all.
there was little more than a cursory glance and discussion of the weather we had been enjoying. the French cared even less of course and didn’t actually take the passports off us just waved us through

When the form is completed there is a QR code that apparently is “ to be checked”- and it wasn’t checked with any of us three. I believe from fellow travelers who had been out the previous week though that they were checking on people’s phones for the email reply to the firms the previous week
Personally I seriously doubt the whole thing is anything more than a gesture exercise that has fulfilled two of its purposes- “appearing “ to demonstrate proactivety of govt response and secondly to dissuade travel

If you don’t fill in the form then don’t hand your Passport over for checking.
No contact number? If your one of those picked to check up on, and they do do it, then no contact number means the Police call round instead .

Why would you not want to give the correct contact details?
Because those giving their number have been subjected to nuisance calls all hours after handing over their details also I would suggest that if the rest of the country is like here and you are burgled the police dont respond for four days and we're supposed to believe the quarentine police will be at the front door....not that I'd need to quarentine from where I'm returning from