Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ultimate T4 Westfalia

I'd agree it does look like a eber control panel. That said the overhead unit is visible in one of the photos and it does show a full set of heater/timer buttons.

A question for the owner.
Deffo an unusual dash layout!

I also don't like to look of the way the roof rack is fitted.

If you go to visit it, look in the log book (also should be a sticker somewhere in the drivers footwell showing the same). Under the VIN number it should state the original description of the van - Mine says 'California', I suspect all original Cali's would say the same (someone may confirm/deny this?)... But this should be a good indication of the vehicle's origins (check both the log book and sticker in the footwell match as well as the VIN being the same as the one visible on the plates under the windscreen and in the engine bay!
Must say I've seen a few Cali's (though not an expert), but never saw a 2000MY+ with this type of heater control...
For the roofrack, from what I can see this looks to be the way folks fit bars to a poptop ('fake' gutters)...

Registration doc.jpg

H

Hi all, yea it looks like the one in this photo, yea I'll proceed with caution, by any chance would it be a controller for a water heater??
Controller with the knob is for the air heater but it could be used for the engine preheater as easier to find.

Ok so I've had a look at it. It looks good, everything works as it should.
The owners say the control panel was on it from new and never did anything.
The documents state it's a California, so does the sticker under the drivers footwell.
It has just steel wheels.
Has a night heater, which only works from the drivers side vent, the other vent has a blower unit which works off the engines heater.
It has a coolant heater also.
It seems ok, just needs a good valet inside and out.

Controller with the knob is for the air heater but it could be used for the engine preheater as easier to find.
I thought that these preheat era were automatic, could this control panel be for it??

I thought that these preheat era were automatic, could this control panel be for it??
Yup. Engine coolant heater should be automatic.

Bought it then?

Ok so I've had a look at it. It looks good, everything works as it should.
The owners say the control panel was on it from new and never did anything.
The documents state it's a California, so does the sticker under the drivers footwell.
It has just steel wheels.
Has a night heater, which only works from the drivers side vent, the other vent has a blower unit which works off the engines heater.
It has a coolant heater also.
It seems ok, just needs a good valet inside and out.
Does the sticker state 111kw? (150bhp)

D3wz is automatic but wiring could be modified and controller added or it could be replaced with d4 d5 wsc wsz or other heaters.

Just home now, long day, three hours each way and now a 12 hour night-shift ahead of me.!!!
So another person has viewed it before me, so If they don't buy it I have the next refusal. Just need to agree on the price.

So after viewing this camper today, can I get your opinions on a few more things?
Waste water tank indicator is showing full all the time, could this be a float stuck in the high position? Can a new sender be sourced?
There is a bit of damage at the rear of the roof canvas, has been repaired with tape. Don't know if its a big issue, I could do a tidier repair job.
What does everyone think of the price? Anything I have seen on mobile.de or other sites seems to be €24\28K and then it could cost me another €3K with vehicle registration tax here. I think at the price I can afford to budget for tidying it up.
Key is missing for the water tank filler cam and the drivers door pocket.
Front end missing from the Brandrup rail.
Can the spec\model history be deciphered from the vin number?
Can the mileage be confirmed by using the VAG-COM\VCS dianostic software?

So after viewing this camper today, can I get your opinions on a few more things?
Waste water tank indicator is showing full all the time, could this be a float stuck in the high position? Can a new sender be sourced?

Fairly normal.

There is a bit of damage at the rear of the roof canvas, has been repaired with tape. Don't know if its a big issue, I could do a tidier repair job.

Brand new roof canvas. Euro 350. Couple of hours install. Worth doing.

What does everyone think of the price? Anything I have seen on mobile.de or other sites seems to be €24\28K and then it could cost me another €3K with vehicle registration tax here. I think at the price I can afford to budget for tidying it up.

About right

Key is missing for the water tank filler cam and the drivers door pocket.

New cap with key Euro 30

Front end missing from the Brandrup rail.
Can the spec\model history be deciphered from the vin number?

From the log book sticker I think?

Can the mileage be confirmed by using the VAG-COM\VCS dianostic software?

Don't know but MOTs should be present.

Expand to see answers

Sounds like a bargain if the bodywork is free from rot.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

All t4 locks should work with ignition key(not water cap)rubber front bit of the rail still available from shops,equipment codes also on the sticker under fuses.Mileage can't be confirmed using vag com but you can switch to miles and change display language if still in German.

It could be worth a bid, I don't mind sorting out a few jobs over the next few months.

Just a quick question, If a wind-out awing is fitted, is there a gap between it and the camper\rail?

;)
...just to follow up on the point of the 'fake' vans, here is what the first page inside my service manual looks like - If it doesn't say 'California' here, then be wary - there is also normally a copy of this information stuck somewhere in the drivers footwell area - they should be the same - also, maybe a given, but check the VIN numbers on the paperwork match the ones on the van...
View attachment 15739
:D
Hi all, I have been looking at the same details of the camper I looked at and just wondering what the info in line 3 & 4 is? Is it options fitted to the camper?

Hi all, I have been looking at the same details of the camper I looked at and just wondering what the info in line 3 & 4 is? Is it options fitted to the camper?
As in the details in this attachment.

Back