Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ultimate T4 Westfalia

Line 3 is colour code.

Line 4 is I believe the build sheet. (Options - and , no I don't know what each code refers to)

As in the details in this attachment.
There's a website that can decode all your options codes etc based on the sticker that's both on the logbook and tucked up with the fuses (they seem to 'hide' a few copies about the vehicle when its built). Possibly worth checking them both to see they match.

The door pocket lock on ours has a separate key to the rest of the van. Not sure how you'd replace this - a dealership could probably help. TBH ours is rarely locked as it's used to store spare bulbs, charging adapters and other gubbins.

Hi all, yea I spent some time last night working on this, found the following info.
California coach K8(option Pack)
111 KW TDI5G (5Gang\5Speed)
AXG (Engine Code) DQR (Gearbox Code\ Bigger box, shafts, taller 5th gear\bigger clutch)
LA7W (paint code reflex silver) 39 (Trip code)
The following list of codes referred to the following,
X4A BoB Austria
C5N Steel Wheels
G0Q 5 Speed
H7Y Tyre's
J0R Battery
MA1 Engine
0J3 Increase payload
1Ad ABS, electronic diff lock????
1G2 Spare wheel
2PM Leather steering wheel
1NT Wheel center covers
5RQ Convex mirror
5Sl mirror
T8S Engine
OE1 Short wheel base
02N High ratio transmission
QG1 prolonged service interval???
OG1 Gear Lever
8GL 120 AMP altenator
8L8 Inside Ariel
1X0 Front wheel drive
1LB Front disc brakes
3R3 POP up roof
1Ba Standard Suspension
OGE Emission concept EU 3

I was hoping that these codes would also list all the other options like heated seats, cruise control etc and explain the mystery panel on the dash, (hoping it was ordered or fitted by mistake) but I'm not so lucky.

I might check to see if it is actually wired to anything, if its not it might be a wrong panel fitted to the dash??

I fond a PDF file on the web that lists all the codes, printed it off, all 267 pages!!!! It might be worth others to go through the codes on their campers to see what kind of info is recorded. Ill have a look later for the file and put up a link to it.

Am I able to upload photos or do I need to be a vip member to have permission on this forum?

WOW you were bored last night!

I can confirm the gearbox code is correct so it's a genuine vehicle.

I think the diff lock you've questioned is simply ESP or traction control. Perhaps lost in translation.

Can you post a link to the website you used?

High time you stopped ***king about and buy it ;)

No need for 267 pages of PDF - type your options into this and see what it reveals.

I think the diff lock you've questioned is simply ESP or traction control. Perhaps lost in translation.

Yea it seems legit, no ESP button on the dash though.
Ill have a look later for it and post it up.
Yea I know, just trying to make sure I know what I'm buying, I'm worried that I wont spot any crash damage or rust, everything else can be tested and fixed if there is a problem.

Some models came with Electronic Diff Lock (EDL). Probably any that have the ESP button on the dash. An option on others I believe. Totally automated setup using the ABS system to measure any wheel slip then apply control to determine which wheels drive. From what t'internet tells me.

These a photos of the roof canvas, the stitching on the sides looks like repair work? I think I better budget for a new one in the near future.

Stitching is stock. Elastic inside to ensure the canvas doesn't get trapped T5 stylee.

I really don't like the look of this setup, would two brandrup rails be better for holding the rack?
IMG_3115.JPG

Easy fix they're held in place with Sikaflex.

Stitching is stock. Elastic inside to ensure the canvas doesn't get trapped T5 stylee.
Ok, so that stitching is ok, I might get a few years out of the roof canvas so.

Yuk! A better bet is the optional square extrusions bolted to the upper roof face then roof bars bolted to them.

I had them on my last van. I'll dig out a photo.

Finding another 150 under 20k is going to take a while. If it isn't full of rot and the drivetrain is OK, don't worry about anything else and snap it up. If not, you could be still looking in a year's time

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The exterior of the van need a good detailing, to get it shining again.
I might also look out for a set of standard alloy wheels.IMG_3130.JPG
IMG_3132.JPG IMG_3140.JPG

Finding another 150 under 20k is going to take a while. If it isn't full of rot and the drivetrain is OK, don't worry about anything else and snap it up. If not, you could be still looking in a year's time

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Yes, I'm pretty sure its okay, I'm going to take a second look at it and then decide.

Has it got the fourth arm for the bike rack? There's one that has a claw at each end to clamp bikes 2 and 4 together on the rack.

Back