Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Club Italy

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am pleased to announce we have partnered with the VW California Club in Italy.

Sabrina and Mirko have owned a cali for just over a year and have decided to start an Italian version of the club. They are excellent English speakers and will be a great resource for anyone who is planning to travel to Italy or anyone who is already out there and needs some advice.

We also look forward to welcoming them on to this forum.

http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.it/1/scrivici_2443372.html

Hi Cali-Fans,

we are very happy to be your new partner!

Thanks Martin for your introducing, but our English isn´t so excellent how do you think. So please excuse me for any errors. :oops:

In Italy we use a lot of big campers. Only in the last few years, vw california (small camper) are increasing. For this reason, Sabrina and I have decided to create the first Italian website for california.
The site is still at the top, because it existed for only a week. To improve the site we ask advice.

As written by Martin, who needs information or advice to come to Italy, can write us. We do it willingly. :D

CIAO
Sabrina e Mirko
www.vwcaliforniaclub.it

Welcome from Italy you two I hope you enjoy our club :thumb :thumb
Kev

I like your club! I am also pleased to be able to do part of your forum! :thanks

Our close friends have a place in Bobbio, about 2 hours South of Milan. We plan to drive our Cali there soon - as long as the Italian drivers don't try and kill us! Crazy drivers! Lovely place though.

Terrific that there is an italian club active here.
Will be around Venice in september so will certainly be asking for advice.
LTH

Last year we stayed at Camping Weekend on Lake Garda for five days, lovely site, and beautiful surrounding area.

Ciao Sabrina & Mirko.
:D
Glad to have you involved.
I may be speaking to you later in the year about a plan I have to cruise down the Tyrrhenian Coast - and maybe a trip inland through Pisa to Florence.

Thanks for your messages! WOW a cruise and then to Tuscany! Nice trip! We stayed there last year. View albums on my site.

Sono spiacente.
I should have been accurate and typed 'drive' rather than 'cruise'. :eek:ops :mrgreen:

Calais to Lake Garda, approx 11 hours :grin:

Approx £150

Norfolk lines have a new Calais to Dover route, I have just booked for 29 euro.

Chunnel can be booked for about £70

Very happy to hear about this italian branch !

Giulia and I have got our brand new red Cali last October and we love it (apart from fuel consumption which is still a bit higher than expected -- maybe because it's still new, only 7000km on the clock).

Alessandro

Hi Alesssandro, where are you? It´s true that in the UK ​​an international meeting for vw california?

Mirko

vwcaliforniaITALIA said:
Hi Alesssandro, where are you? It´s true that in the UK ​​an international meeting for vw california?

Mirko

Hi Mirko, just saw your reply ! I'm in San Donato Milanese.

Still need to check your site.

Anwyay since I'm here, let me show a few pics of our Cali:

Brand new, still shiny
Cy3x+

First day out in Finale Ligure testing it with my good friend Phil, who came all the way from UK to test it (oh well, also to ride some trails). Phil is the guy who actually pushed me into this, he's got a black Cali and we did a weekend in France last year with some other friends -- that's when I finally got the bug.
8POg+

Night time shot in Brianza (handheld, so not sharp if you look closely)
xZO4+

[...more to follow in the next post...]

[...following up our short California history...]

So we got a brand new one, however Giulia and I had some previous experience on one of these camper, check these out:
4012143695_d4bda7c4f0.jpg

4012915170_be8f792b89.jpg

... and that's the last one, with other 3 photos (*)

A couple of shots taken during a trip in the Dolomites
mIps+

wdjJ+

That's a fun one, we were driving back from southern Italy after Xmas and we got overtaken by another brand new white California ! He was going fast and we said: this guy has not yet done a fillup, that's why he drives like this! #thirstycalifornia
TFfr+

(*) BTW, I don't understand this limit to 3 URLs.

The photos are really great! Even your cali in that color! Where were you exactly at the pictures in the Dolomites (I live next to the Dolomites)?

Back