Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet West Bay Afternoon Cali Meet - Saturday 17th March

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We have had loads of requests for day visitors at the Highlands End meet this month but sadly we unable to accept people on site that are not camping.

So what we have decided to do is hold an afternoon meet as well at the same location as we did last November at West Bay in the large car park just as you arrive into the town.

The meet will run from midday until around 4pm .

The location of the afternoon meet will be West Bay Road Car Park, West Bay, Bridport, Dorset DT6 4EW.

West Bay is a charming fishing village on the famous Jurassic Coastline. West Bay is a gateway to the Jurassic Coast, which covers 95 miles of coast from Orcombe Rocks at Exmouth, Devon to Studland Bay in Dorset.

Sometimes known as the Dinosaur Coast, tourists throughout the World visit Dorset for fossil hunting in stunning coastal scenery. The famous sandstone East Cliff at West Bay, formed from Lower Jurassic Bridport Sands exposes 180 million years of history & is now famous as the backdrop for the award winning TV series 'Broadchurch'.

west-bay3.jpg

west-bay.jpg

Can I ask what’s happening on Saturday afternoon meet. Are we all decamping to the car park or is it those who are coming as a day visitor?

Can I ask what’s happening on Saturday afternoon meet. Are we all decamping to the car park or is it those who are coming as a day visitor?

That is the plan but obviously optional, I know some people wanted to go down to West Bay any way and it is only a 5 minute drive away and it will be nice to combine it with meeting the people that could not make the meet for the whole weekend.

be good to see aload of cali's at the car park .....

So, just in West Bay and noticed the far end of the car park is closed off

20180310_150026.jpg

@all , have loooots of fun this weekend !
We will be present in Gloucestershire next month , can't wait....

Great for newbies to pick up some tips from other more experienced owners.

Hiya I’m working in London at the mo. my Prius fan has stopped,working today-it cools the hybrid. I’m awaiting Relay back to Xshire after work and I was originally expecting to drive my Cali to the meet this evening at the campsite on West Bay and I won’t make it Today or this weekend. I have a gravel pitch paid for under the name Dr Isabel Mowet, Isa Neal on the forum .
Please do use my paid pitch for someone else, I don’t want any money back,from this at all. have a great Weekend!

@Isa Neal , sorry to hear all this , really nice from you to offer your pitch to somebody .
Maybe @Martin can look in to this ?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this Isa, I think several other people have cancelled also due to the possible weather tomorrow night so you are not alone, hope you get things sorted and hope to see you at another meet.

I have had a couple of people ask if the afternoon meet is still going ahead, yes it is, we will be there from around midday.

Most people up here at Highlands End will be walking down along the coastal path.

Anyone at the campsite reading this and wants to come along please meet Simon at the area where the club banner and flag is at 11.30am.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
4298ea2f4f3ba0dbfa3b0e415db40328.jpg

Last edited:
I have had a couple of people ask if the afternoon meet is still going ahead, yes it is, we will be there from around midday.

Most people up here at Highlands End will be walking down along the coastal path.

Anyone at the campsite reading this and wants to come along please meet Simon at the area where the club banner and flag is at 11.30am.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
4298ea2f4f3ba0dbfa3b0e415db40328.jpg
Shall I bring my tow rope so we can tie ourselves together - Terri & Paul aka WelshGas.

Shall I bring my tow rope so we can tie ourselves together - Terri & Paul aka WelshGas.

Horizontal fluffy snow on the Dorset Coast in mid March is some achievement.

Kampa fire is flat out and kept us toasty in the night.

Not deterring @SimonB

c8f95e524b8e84c1a1d29a86ac3b5a90.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
081B846B-F134-48FE-A945-70F94E3B64BB.jpeg Hi All, it was a short meet at West Bay car park due to the cold but we had a good chat with a few people. It was great to see the vans together through the snow. Looking forward to more meets, Craig and Claire.

Thanks for organising this event. Sorry to leave early but it was just so bitterly cold and with the revised amber forecast for tomorrow I really didn't want to be stuck in Dorset or on the roads between there and Basingstoke.
Great site and look forward to going back in the summer. Enjoy the Irish celebrations.