Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What are you plans for Easter?

Tintagel cc club has fabulous sea views. Godrevy bay nr St Ives was very full but a great location for touring.

image.jpg
The Caravan Club site at Tintagel has excellent views, it's called Trewethett Farm, we were there in September, great site with direct access to the coastal path

Last edited:
Lakes. Time to get back on the bike (MTB) for some training and waist line reduction measures.

8 hour drive to Ullapool - then buying a Island Rover ticket for the stunning Hebridean Islands - Surfboard - Fly rod - golf clubs and MTB all coming with me and my faithful Jack Russell Smudge to keep me company!

Scotland, first time and curious ;)

We were due to go to Wales but looking at the forecast we decided to book a ferry and will follow the sunshine in SW France

We will be doing grandparenting duties during the Easter school holidays then when they are all back in school we are off to South Devon for 10 days :)

I'm in Spain..... taking deliver of my brand new Cali :D

8 days in the lakes. Few days near newby bridge then eskdale

First family trip in Violet

Can't wait and the forecast for the weekend looks good and into next week

Richard

In Portugal now :)

Not in the van though. Had surgery at Christmas so having a practice holiday before the camping starts in may :-D

So did everybody enjoyed or still enjoying the easter weekend....?
We just stayed home as we both celebrated our birthday , me today and the missus yestherday.....:D
So just went to private sauna on sathurday , had friends over last evening and had quiet a few drinks ....42 is a nice figure no? Wish it was 24 and knowing and having what a got now....

Happy Easter!

Last edited:
So did everybody enjoyed or still enjoying the easter weekend....?
We just stayed home as we both celebrated our birthday , me today and the misses yestherday.....:D
So just went to private sauna on sathurday , had friends over last evening and had quiet a few drinks ....42 is a nice figure no? Wich it was 24 and knowing and having what a got now....

Happy Easter!
Happy birthday! It's mine next Saturday and missus on Sunday, so we have the same situation! Wish I was 42 though ....

happy birthday :)

Just back from spain, first long distance trip in the cali 13 hours actually driving to get to the costa brava. Its taken us longer to get to St Ives in Cornwall some years! Weather brilliant, Diesel at 80p/ litre off the motorway motorways empty whats not to like? We cheated by only sleeping in the van for the overnight stopovers on the way there & back.

Compared with our previous coach built motorhome we loved: the high speed cruising (cruise control at 86mph= GPS 81), the 35mpg average, using the automatic 30kmh under 2m high lanes at the toll booths, being able to go anywhere a car could & not being afraid of getting stuck/ not getting parked.
The only thing we missed to be honest was the onboard toilet but we have a portapoti for nighttime use which worked fine.

We slept five reasonably comfortably without the rear bed extension & with the 5th seat still in. 2 adults up top, 11 year old in a hammock across the front seats, oldest & youngest on the rear seat folded flat slid to meet the fifth seat turned to face backwards to act as an extension. For one or two night stops its fine but for a longer stay we would want the proper bed which in turn means taking out the 5th seat.

For the next trip we really need a backbox to carry a drive away awning - possible two boxes, we have a fiamma bike rack & could put a box on that together with a thule back box on the towbar for shoes as to be honest I had not realised how many pairs 3 girls + the mrs could need in a week......

spain.jpg

Always find it a brave thing traveling and sleeping in a Cali with Five....:thumb
Us the two and a dog for me is just fine....

Even heading to a rentet vacation house the Cali is just wonderfull.
We are off to the Ardeche in France in a few weeks to spend few days in a house and then traveling to family in Beaumes de Venises near the Mont Ventoux spending few days in the Cali and staying at family's hous. So much diffrent that doing the long trips with a family-car in one journey travelling to destination . Heading there in a few days times enjoying the smaller villages and route-nationals is nice....

Last edited:
Edinburgh and borders now returned from perambulations