Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What design changes would you like to see on a T7 California?

Some good ideas here I think. Having built my own campervan in the past, I’m a realist as to what can be achieved. I would like to see these options:
LWB
Integrated solar panels
Lithium batteries with amp-hours
1000watt inverter
Subtle mood lighting
Darker privacy tint.
Leather interior
More interior colour options
Better insulation
Forced ventilation system
Stereo system that runs from auxiliary battery
Air suspension option on 4Motion
Google maps for Appconnect for iPhone
App remote connection that enables remote system monitoring:
Battery
Temperature

System control:
Adjust ventilation
Adjust heating
Adjust fridge
Start engine
Heated seats and windscreen

Although I’m also happy to say I’m very content to have my high spec T6 just the way it is. Best vehicle I’ve owned and I’ve had 3 camper vans, 3 sports cars, modified safari vehicles and multiple normal vehicles over the years.
And we need an easy way to guide the warm air up and we need a smart Aircon for the nighttime when sleeping in more tropical countries.
Better insulated waterproof top The standard vents are only made to get the air out when lowering the roof.

LWB but just seen the Westfalia Kepler Six, although some of you might prefer the Westfalia Keplar One.

I would deffo like to see the Kepler One layout (WC at rear, pop-top) offered in a LWB T7 Cali. I'd have seriously considered a Westfalia Club Joker with that layout if it'd been available with a pop-top rather than high-top.

Not sure how much actual demand there would be for that 'bog-in-back' layout but it would suit us well I think - now that we've realised that you don't actually need to lug around most of that pile of gear we used to stash in the back of the van.

Resurrecting this as we now know what's on the 6.1 (from @Borris original wish list, only the top spec headlights made it). And I had a thought when watching A Bus and Beyond.

My 11 year old is very keen for a similar installation. I do think coloured lights have their place, and are even useful. The BMW I hired recently let you set the colour of the interior lighting, which does change the mood. I have these installed in our bathrooms to prevent having to switch the light on at night. I fix ours to red, which seems to disturb you less, but my daughter's scrolls through the rainbow.

I'd like to see better interior lighting in the next California. And if you could set it to come on as red when you came back and opened the door on a campsite at night, it would be useful as well?

Not very useful for winter usage.
WG, the new van I've just ordered (sadly not a VW) has a winter pack so the tanks are insulated and heated via a thermostat. (obvs not the gas tank)

No idea how effective they will be but they do save a lot of internal space The heating and hot water system is also underslung.

WG, the new van I've just ordered (sadly not a VW) has a winter pack so the tanks are insulated and heated via a thermostat. (obvs not the gas tank)

No idea how effective they will be but they do save a lot of internal space The heating and hot water system is also underslung.
In a 5 m short wheelbase Campervan? Wow.

Yep, we very nearly bought a Wildax Pulsar (sales guy double-sold it) and it would have a full shower/loo/kitchen/underslung tanks, all winterised and heated.

"Very useful 42l wine cooler surrounded by ..."
I'm intrigued by that! Have you found the ultimate accessory wine cooler fridge or do you mean the regular built-in fridge? Would love to know, as your priorities seeem close to mine!

Underslung LPG is fine, it's boiling point is -42C. Butane (Campingaz) would be a problem with a boiling point of -1C
That's why on the California, water and waste tanks are inboard and gas locker insulated by water tank. With Parking Heater on, all are warmed sufficiently for normal operation.
We were talking about the evolution of the California not conversions or 6m + motorhomes/conversions.

Underslung tanks for water, waste water and gas.
Doubt that LPG will feature in an electric Cali @Karlos since gas is being phased out along with diesel. Electric hob is more likely.

I'm intrigued by that! Have you found the ultimate accessory wine cooler fridge or do you mean the regular built-in fridge? Would love to know, as your priorities seeem close to mine!

Oh the built in one is an amazing device!! How clever of VW to find it and design a camper around it!

A lifetime of caravan and motorhome fridges and freezers, 120l, 90l, 70l, all hopelessly inadequate for standing a bottle of wine in and the small box in the Cali is simply the best!

Oh the built in one is an amazing device!! How clever of VW to find it and design a camper around it!

A lifetime of caravan and motorhome fridges and freezers, 120l, 90l, 70l, all hopelessly inadequate for standing a bottle of wine in and the small box in the Cali is simply the best!
Not just one bottle I hope.

Doubt that LPG will feature in an electric Cali @Karlos since gas is being phased out along with diesel. Electric hob is more likely.
+GrumpyGranddad I only ever cook on electric when on EHU and have upgraded to 160w solar, Lithium Leisure batteries with a 3000w inverter to power our induction hob when off grid. I doubt the new T7 will be fully electric unless they build the diesel T6.1 alongside.

Below features should be included as standard:

- Over the air software updates.
- Live vehicle tracking.
- Programable App based controls for preheating / defrosting.
- 360 Degree Camera that records every journey, with option to activate when parked.
- Blind spot camera which activates when indicating.
- App based Service booking.
- Traffic light, traffic sign recognition. ACC
- Autopilot capability....

Below features should be included as standard:

- Over the air software updates.
- Live vehicle tracking.
- Programable App based controls for preheating / defrosting.
- 360 Degree Camera that records every journey, with option to activate when parked.
- Blind spot camera which activates when indicating.
- App based Service booking.
- Traffic light, traffic sign recognition. ACC
- Autopilot capability....
Factory fitted solar panels.

Back