Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Put LED’s in the lights behind the sun visors, anyone know if there are LED’s for the footwell lights?
I fitted some, about 2 years ago.
I am on my second set, because the first set didn't last long (probably due to not being able to dim).
My second set is 1,5 years and still working.
Had to adjust them, before installing.
IMG_20180405_175032.jpg
Looks neater:
IMG_20180405_175817.jpg
I think the T6.1 has LED's (please someone confirm?)

I assume that there is a kind of eggsitential eggstacy in breaking the yoke of a reggulation whose eggifacy has not been egghaustivly investeegated.
Further comments along this line may be open to accusations of eggsagerated eggo.

Suppose the need for a run or something else will give you another excuse for a needless journey !

Would you have been happier if I’d paid an Uber driver to pick my pre-lay eggs up for me?

Making a journey with a reasonable excuse is perfectly fine. There was no close contact with anyone, and we were only away from home for under 2 hours. And the only reason it was that long is because there are no chicken hatcheries in London.

Obviously the coop and run were set up well in advance, ordered before the lockdown and delivered by DHL.

Pets at home which supply all feed and other hen requirements is 950 metres away.

And best of all, we won’t be having to leave the home to hunt for eggs in the local shops for about 3 years.

Would you have been happier if I’d paid an Uber driver to pick my pre-lay eggs up for me?

Making a journey with a reasonable excuse is perfectly fine. There was no close contact with anyone, and we were only away from home for under 2 hours. And the only reason it was that long is because there are no chicken hatcheries in London.

Obviously the coop and run were set up well in advance, ordered before the lockdown and delivered by DHL.

Pets at home which supply all feed and other hen requirements is 950 metres away.

And best of all, we won’t be having to leave the home to hunt for eggs in the local shops for about 3 years.

Or you could have just waited until this was over , bought your eggs in the supermarket like most others or local shops (or even done without) , instead of creating a necessary journey - albeit in your own mind !

Or you could have just waited until this was over , bought your eggs in the supermarket like most others or local shops (or even done without) , instead of creating a necessary journey - albeit in your own mind !
Perhaps if you read the reasons for me getting the hens in the first place you wouldn't make such a silly remark.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, eggs are not available in the shops around here. None on our Sainsburys deliveries, none in the little shops, and I'm not going to queue up for 90 minutes a time to see if they are available in the supermarkets when I don't want anything else. Clare tried the big Sainsburys yesterday using her NHS pass to gain entry before opening. No eggs.

Instead, a 45 minute drive, a contactless transaction, a return drive, and our egg problems are gone. And as a bonus we have a hobby for the boys to pursue while not at school, garden pest control and organic disposal of kitchen waste. Win-win-win. No risk quantifiably greater than remaining at home, no possibility of viral transmission, all within the emergency regulations letter and spirit.

Perhaps if you read the reasons for me getting the hens in the first place you wouldn't make such a silly remark.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, eggs are not available in the shops around here. None on our Sainsburys deliveries, none in the little shops, and I'm not going to queue up for 90 minutes a time to see if they are available in the supermarkets when I don't want anything else. Clare tried the big Sainsburys yesterday using her NHS pass to gain entry before opening. No eggs.

Instead, a 45 minute drive, a contactless transaction, a return drive, and our egg problems are gone. And as a bonus we have a hobby for the boys to pursue while not at school, garden pest control and organic disposal of kitchen waste. Win-win-win. No risk quantifiably greater than remaining at home, no possibility of viral transmission, all within the emergency regulations letter and spirit.

Pleased for you. It’s great you are doing your bit by venturing out and by so doing reducing the risk for everyone. Also improving the education of our children and saving the planet.
Fascinating as it all is could we move on now please.

Mike

Pleased for you. It’s great you are doing your bit by venturing out and by so doing reducing the risk for everyone. Also improving the education of our children and saving the planet.
Fascinating as it all is could we move on now please.

Mike

Eggcellent idea.

But I never said, claimed or implied “reducing the risk for everyone”. I did mention risk, and you can refer to it above to see what I said. My choice of words were deliberate, and I’m surprised that you chose to misrepresent them.

Last edited:
Eggcellent idea.

But I never said, claimed or implied “reducing the risk for everyone”. I did mention risk, and you can refer to it above to see what I said. My choice of words were deliberate, and I’m surprised that you chose to misrepresent them.

You do yourself a disservice Tom.

By embarking on your mission you will no longer be roaming our streets searching for eggs. With the added benefit that you will be increasing the Nations supply of eggs.

Mike

China.
"Funny" enough, you have to search for T5 LED (T5 is the fitting, no joke).
First ones were these:
1587227154801.png
But those died very soon due to the dimming, which they didn't seem to handle. It's just a simple LED. Oh, and they stretched the sockets.

later I bought these:
1587227255224.png
But due to the connection, I had to scrape off one connection side (left or right) on each side (front and back), not to make a short circuit (which I did).
They still work, and probably due to the resistors, they handle the dimming quite well.

The first ones gave better light distribution, but the second ones don't stretch the fittings, and keep going.

I did and they are ludicrous ... eggs are fairly plentiful and whilst they might not be there on the odd visit (always there when I visit) I am sure they are there the majority of times and when they are not you could go without to the next time. Not unless you are a member of some religious sect that must consume eggs on a daily basis- then I guess they would be ESSENTIAL !

Anyway you clearly wanted your chickens, as you bought everything for them before this happened, and now thanks to a total the absence of eggs where you live and your essential need to consume them you have the very chickens you always intended to buy !

Last edited:
I did and they are ludicrous
Hang on a minute. So all the trucks running up and down our motorways carrying eggs and chickens are ok, but Tom going to pick up his own layers is not? Really? Give the guy a break, he is doing what he thinks is right. Surely that’s all that we can do in these times. He might be wrong, but so might we all. Who knows best?

Hang on a minute. So all the trucks running up and down our motorways carrying eggs and chickens are ok, but Tom going to pick up his own layers is not? Really? Give the guy a break, he is doing what he thinks is right. Surely that’s all that we can do in these times. He might be wrong, but so might we all. Who knows best?
The trucks aren't going up and down the motorways aren't making needless journeys (they are delivering large scale essential supplies to the public) ... Tom is. He could get his eggs locally or on the odd occasion when not available do without ... Anyway, he has his chicks now so let's hope they are good layers so we can all breathe a sigh of relief !

The trucks aren't going up and down the motorways aren't making needless journeys they are delivering large scale essential supplies to the public ... Tom is He could get his eggs locally or on the odd occasion when not available do without ... Anyway, he has them now so we can all breathe a sigh of relief
So how about the bottles of wine you bought from the supermarket this week? Or was that just me? Are they essential?

So how about the bottles of wine you bought from the supermarket this week? Or was that just me? Are they essential?
If they weren't available in my local super market and I decided I would drive past a whole lot of similar super markets or shops where they were available and source my own from further afield or perhaps getting a wine making kit then I am sure the police would deem it as non essential ...

By the way as the Government didn't shut off licences so I guess wine is classed as an essential. Would the police or Government be happy with people doing what I outlined above when the advice is to stay at home and avoid unessential travel - I doubt it

If they weren't available in my local super market and I decided I would drive past a whole lot of similar super markets or shops where they were available and source my own from further afield or perhaps getting a wine making kit then I am sure the police would deem it as non essential ...

By the way as the Government didn't shut off licences so I guess wine is classed as an essential. Would the police or Government be happy with people doing what I outlined above when the advice is to stay at home and avoid unessential travel - I doubt it
But if you were driving to buy the vines from which you would grow the grapes to make your own wine... anyway, have a good night and enjoy the rest of your weekend Scoobz1

The trucks aren't going up and down the motorways aren't making needless journeys (they are delivering large scale essential supplies to the public) ... Tom is. He could get his eggs locally or on the odd occasion when not available do without ... Anyway, he has his chicks now so let's hope they are good layers so we can all breathe a sigh of relief !
We've been able to get six eggs since 16 March when we began to self isolate. We have tried, believe me, we've tried. And if you don't believe me, here it is again: two different pack sizes of eggs ordered, both unavailable with no suitable alternative.
IMG_0301 (2).JPG

Back