Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0127.JPG Fitted Inkas, great fit, wouldn't know they were covers; strained recently repaired shoulder in the process

Just waiting for storm Doris to materialise in my cabin beside Loch Awe see belowIMG_2976.JPG IMG_2955.JPG but few days ago enjoyed blue skies on Skye and watched a lovely sunrise from the Cali -what difference a day makes

Looked at it covered in Saharan sand that has blown in to southern Portugal...drat...mind you warm at about 20c and eating outside.

Walk at Velvet Bottom on the Mendips.
Total amateurs, forgot the bottle of water for tea and the biscuits.
425997dffa7353c41b6f50cf35f0532c.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Walk at Velvet Bottom on the Mendips.
Total amateurs, forgot the bottle of water for tea and the biscuits.
425997dffa7353c41b6f50cf35f0532c.jpg

Mike

Goodness, used to live just around the corner from there!

Went for a terribly nice walk down to that concrete monstrosity called the Brighton Marina then along to Madeira drive and the pier. Thought I would walk part of the route for Sunday's run. Walked back popping into the Marina Asda to get some bread for my cup-in-a-soup, tonights being waitrose tomato and red pepper.

I know how to live it up!

Is that portchester castle I spy in the distance?? I got married there

It sure is. It looked lovely today in the sun. Can't take the pooch around there when the tide is in because he launches himself in the water and can't get out again!

washed the sea salt off from yesterday

Wednesday 22nd February 8pm. Checked weather for 23rd (day of storm Doris). Looked relatively rain free in the Forest of Dean near to Ross-on-Wye.

Thursday 23rd February 8am. Packed California. Packed some food etc. Packed kids. Set off. Stopped at Ludlow for lunch (Ludlow Kitchen - food is brilliant. 10/10)

Searched for campsite whilst having some food. Phoned up. Booked it. Then set the sat nav to Bracelands campsite near Symonds Yat Rock.

IMG_7020.JPG

Arrived. Pressed "the button". Roof up. No wind/rain. So far so good!

Wrapped up and Went for a nice walk to the river Wye from the campsite which was convenient.

IMG_6973.JPG

Then found a nice pub near by for dinner.

IMG_6977.JPG

Friday 24th February. Woke up to sunny morning. Made nice breakfast and did another walk in the forest before setting off home.

IMG_7022.JPG

Great mini break. Kids loved it. Nice to get away for a night. The thing I love about the camper van is that you can just look at the weather report the night before and find the best place to go and book a night and just set off.

Happy days!!

24th February 7pm. Planning next mini break!!!

Wednesday 22nd February 8pm. Checked weather for 23rd (day of storm Doris). Looked relatively rain free in the Forest of Dean near to Ross-on-Wye.

Thursday 23rd February 8am. Packed California. Packed some food etc. Packed kids. Set off. Stopped at Ludlow for lunch (Ludlow Kitchen - food is brilliant. 10/10)

Searched for campsite whilst having some food. Phoned up. Booked it. Then set the sat nav to Bracelands campsite near Symonds Yat Rock.

View attachment 19386

Wrapped up and Went for a nice walk to the river Wye from the campsite which was convenient.

View attachment 19384

View attachment 19385

Friday 24th February. Woke up to sunny morning. Made nice breakfast and did another walk in the forest before setting off home.

View attachment 19387

Great mini break. Kids loved it. Nice to get away for a night. The thing I love about the camper van is that you can just look at the weather report the night before and find the best place to go and book a night and just set off.

Happy days!!

Glad we went to Ross-on-Wye! We were planning on going to Buxton a few days before we saw Doris on her way. No way we could have popped the top in the Peaks!!

Still much calmer now....

Took it to the dealer to have a new shock absorber fitted + it's MOT.

No camping this weekend as rain forecast all weekend.

Nevertheless a trip to Chirk Castle again confirmed the virtues of the California Ocean.

IMG_7150.JPG

Heading towards Chirk towards the snow covered hills we had the 5th seat in use and the rear bench in the rearmost position as we had an extra passenger for the trip.

Making lunch in the van with 5 inside and rain/snow outside was ok as the three children used "upstairs" while we prepared food. The 5th seat could be positioned facing inwards to the cabin and space was ok.

IMG_7158.JPG

Even when not used for camping the California turns a normal trip out into an experience. Plenty of space for boots and coats and room to change without getting wet outside. Room to cook and make hot chocolate. The kids love it.

Feeling sorry for myself suffering manflu, i just send our Cali a big smile out of the upstairs window, while watching it waiting for us to come out for another adventure. Spring is coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 19386

View attachment 19384

View attachment 19385

View attachment 19387

Happy days!!

Looks fantastic, will be trying to head that way at some point this year.

IMG_7360.JPG
Even when not used for camping the California turns a normal trip out into an experience. Plenty of space for boots and coats and room to change without getting wet outside. Room to cook and make hot chocolate. The kids love it.[/QUOTE said:
After owning quite a few different cars over the last 25 years, I've always got bored of them within about 3 months of owning them.

However, the Cali is different, and after nearly owning mine for a year (next week) I still love it.

So so versatile. Ideal for football duties, family day trips out with parents and also for the occasional camp. Fantastic!

8c2e95b528b4b8802e1351a842624de0.jpg

Above is arriving at Sky Diving Centre Old Sarum, Nr. Salisbury.
Staying at Stonehenge for Janes Birthday and received text at 06:30 to say weather was good to go.
Woke Jane, handed her jump instructions and drove to airfield 20 minutes away.
Note to @ShaunG:- Is why I was so delighted you pointed out the site at Stonehenge, very convenient for my plan.
0f675ad32c4950604bd713341cad66cb.jpg

Above is Jane on landing. 15,000 feet tandem jump in a brief glorious weather window.
She is now lying down at a cottage I booked at Stouerhead.
I have one more surprise

Mike

Last edited:
Did you jump too Mike?
Nope. Done a static before but nothing like this. She is buzzing. Important that today was her surprise. I did get a big buzz out of it though

Mike

Back