Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Moved a bed and a load of other junk!

It's amazing what you can get in a Cali. Over the last three months we've moved nearly all our stuff in to storage, and are now moving it back again. There were only a few items we weren't able to shift ourselves. Mind you, we gave a lot of stuff away. And I think we'll be getting rid of a lot more, nothing matches our new house! :(

Hopefully we can get back to doing some fun stuff in our van soon :)

IMG_2699.JPG

Another puncture another trip to the tyre dealer. I was lucky with the last two - both repairable. Not so lucky this time - a nail in the shoulder :(. Sure the builders next door are to blame but I can't prove it :mad:.

Tried to remove the spare tyre. My van is 10 years old and the spare is probably never used. Now I know at least one good reason why: the bolts are bonded to the chassis with quite some rust. Removed one bolt but the other one is very much unwilling to leave it's safe place. Tomorrow I will do another attempt. Will try not to use curses and spells.
Park it outside Legoland. It'll be off in no time! :D

(NB: Search forums for Legoland if you wonder what I'm on about)

Tried to remove the spare tyre. My van is 10 years old and the spare is probably never used. Now I know at least one good reason why: the bolts are bonded to the chassis with quite some rust. Removed one bolt but the other one is very much unwilling to leave it's safe place. Tomorrow I will do another attempt. Will try not to use curses and spells.
Only 1 bolt is supposed to come all the way out

I thought about washing and polishing the Cali - but then took dog out in it for a walk in the hills instead! Followed by a bottle of chilled non alcoholic lager just enjoying the views...simple stuff ...
Maybe tomorrow it will get washed...

Not much. Moved it so I could get the MGB out and take it for the MOT. Passed MOT and then it stopped, coil knackered.

Not much. Moved it so I could get the MGB out and take it for the MOT. Passed MOT and then it stopped, coil knackered.
Sounds like it's lost it's smoke, you need to get some back in.

(Someone was actually selling smoke on eBay for such things! :D )

Went to the constructor and builders shop to buy yet another full size mdf board (244cmx122). Fits extremely well in the Beach when learned how to set the cali up for it. Before I got the Cali I had to await good weather, go to the shop to get an open trailer, drive home and hope the board wont get too scuffed, drive back with the trailer.

Drove past my lovely van today which is still stuck in hibernation....battery flat again, so AA will be called so that we're back in action for the spring clean and repack on Saturday...ready for Eskdale next weekend...feeling like a newbie again!

Stuck in traffic due to snow yesterday on way to work....smiled when I saw a Cali next to me,....turned out it was Euan! I decided not to wave madly from my car window, but just seeing a campervan made the journey go better! Will we be seeing you at Eskdale next weekend, Euan?

Washed and cleaned for our trip to the Tulip Fields in Holland.
:rolleyes: Left the tailgate open ALL NIGHT :rolleyes: but fortunately didn't rain.

Still started 1st Time.

Washed & packed ready for our first trip of the year. Now charging.
Off to Portscatho -sunshine & high winds predicted. Think we sleep downstairs ,expect the westies will join.
So excited, recently been in hospital . It's been stressful for us both.
So a trip in our " Grace " is just what we need.:)

Washed & packed ready for our first trip of the year. Now charging.
Off to Portscatho -sunshine & high winds predicted. Think we sleep downstairs ,expect the westies will join.
So excited, recently been in hospital . It's been stressful for us both.
So a trip in our " Grace " is just what we need.:)
Love Portscatho... good meal at the plume of feathers, and walk the food off around St Anthony's head... enjoy @calimera !

:rolleyes: Left the tailgate open ALL NIGHT :rolleyes: but fortunately didn't rain.

Still started 1st Time.
It's good to know I'm not the only one :embarrased. It wasn't in the Cali but I once packed up the tent on a campsite and drove the first 10 miles home before I realised the tailgate was open! Fortunately our gear was packed in so tightly that nothing had fallen out. Phew.

Still started 1st Time.
Trying to book two nights Arnhem area next Tuesday - Thursday but 4 sites have replied not opening until first or second week in April. Any ideas, wouldn't have to be more than basic facilities as only requiring a safe base for cycling excursions. Have a nice trip, washed our Ocean today also in prep for our trip. Thanks.
Wullie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still started 1st Time.

Those tulips are for me just 20 minutes by bike. Not been there yet. Never been to the Keukenhof either. But eager to visit Scotland in about 4 weeks...

Those tulips are for me just 20 minutes by bike. Not been there yet. Never been to the Keukenhof either. But eager to visit Scotland in about 4 weeks...

Happens a lot . People travel many miles/km to diffrent countries while beauty lies in theire back-yard.
We also need to go out on short trips in our own country more often...

Another puncture another trip to the tyre dealer. I was lucky with the last two - both repairable. Not so lucky this time - a nail in the shoulder :(. Sure the builders next door are to blame but I can't prove it :mad:.
Result. Off to ATS to get the replacement tyre fitted (ordered from Blackcircles). Fitter advised that the puncture is repairable. I asked was he absolutely sure - not something I want to take risks with. He got the specific tyre guidance out and his gauge and very carefully measured it all out and confirmed that it was well within the tolerances for repair. £23 for puncture repair and full refund confirmed from blackcircles.

:thumb for ATS and blackcircles

:mad: to Tanvic for telling me a repairable tyre couldn't be.

Last edited:
Back