Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Thought so, one of my regular surf haunts.
I like that bit of coastline.
Llantwit Major Beach? Popular for surfing/wind & kite surfing.

Can‘t visit as the road is closed by the Council/Government as are all the beach car parks all along the coast.

I guess those Welsh residents who live within five miles of a road crossing over the border into England can drive as far as they like.

Similarly, English residents can drive up to five miles within Wales for exercise.

It all seems rather odd. Why England, Scotland and Wales can’t coordinate such simple restrictions is beyond me!

I can understand why Northern Ireland might want to align itself more with Eire than Great Britain.

The advantages of living almost right on the border, I can travel 5 miles in Wales but within 1 mile I am over the border in England and can go anywhere provided I am in my own bed thar night

Looks beautiful @WelshGas ! Any fish in the water?
Upstream yes. That stretch is extremely tidal with a range of upto 15 - 20 ft. Don't normally see anyone fishing there but they do off the beaches either side of the estuary.

Put my awning back on the van, with the "new" anti rattle plastic parts.
Will see what it gives. I just had to remove the 4 rubber pads.

Put my awning back on the van, with the "new" anti rattle plastic parts.
Will see what it gives. I just had to remove the 4 rubber pads.

4? I only had 2 :(;) ... removed them and replaced with the anti-rattle parts. once that rattle stops, you'll start hearing something else. :D

4? I only had 2 :(;) ... removed them and replaced with the anti-rattle parts. once that rattle stops, you'll start hearing something else. :D
There are were 2 on the back plate, and 2 on the bottom plate. They are thinner, and I nearly didn't see them. I was feeling in the housing and felt them. They are in the same line as the thick rubber pads.

As for hearing something else, I have driven without the awning for the first time in 10 years, and I already heard other things I tried to conquer. Will see what it gives. Now one can't say I don't do anything to get my van within acceptable condition to stop rattling and squeeking.

Back