Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

0626e37d31afce763dd8296d265b0359.jpg

Left is the small hut with all the goodies you need!

So envious! We were destined to be in Croatia as we speak but postponed until next year.......

Drove to Lee Valley Country Park, with four bikes, and safely got under the 2 metre height restriction by having all four bikes in the boot.

Cycle ride around the park and the bacon sandwiches with the bacon cooked on the Cadac.

The parking charge was £2 for up to 24 hours, so overnight parking permitted, but there was a sign suggesting the car park would be locked overnight.

Lots of people on canal boats within the park area. Is visiting a canal boat permitted during lockdown, or do all these people use canal boats as their home?

Drove to Lee Valley Country Park, with four bikes, and safely got under the 2 metre height restriction by having all four bikes in the boot.

Cycle ride around the park and the bacon sandwiches with the bacon cooked on the Cadac.

The parking charge was £2 for up to 24 hours, so overnight parking permitted, but there was a sign suggesting the car park would be locked overnight.

Lots of people on canal boats within the park area. Is visiting a canal boat permitted during lockdown, or do all these people use canal boats as their home?
camped at Lee Valley 3 years ago, loved it, so close to London yet felt a world away.

In Wales we don't have the freedom to drive where you want, only 5 miles to meet friends. So drove to local beach/estuary but no friends turned up. Forgot to tell them. IMG-20200601-WA0005.jpgIMG_20200601_102248.jpg

Just me wanting to state a politically incorrect observation here? About the swans obviously, wouldn't want to be stereotypical...
We’re not allowed to travel for the hell of it as in England.
Exercise has to be local, so no driving and going for a walk or whatever.
So, officially the only way to go for a drive, other than the shops, is to meet friends. Just forgot to phone them.
The sheep were sending our illustrious Welsh Assembly First Minister a message.o_O

We’re not allowed to travel for the hell of it as in England.

I guess those Welsh residents who live within five miles of a road crossing over the border into England can drive as far as they like.

Similarly, English residents can drive up to five miles within Wales for exercise.

It all seems rather odd. Why England, Scotland and Wales can’t coordinate such simple restrictions is beyond me!

I can understand why Northern Ireland might want to align itself more with Eire than Great Britain.

Took the Cali out for a ride ....
A very short , at least 50m.
Reversed it out the garage where it was sitting double-parked out of use since the 1st january when we drove to the coast for a new-years walk making lots of plans for the comming year while driving there ....something came inbetween :mad:
I turned 180deg. and reversed it back in the garage at a other spot in front so it is acceseble.
Then finally putted on my new set of refubished (sandblasted and painted black) steels with brand new rubber
Took of the winterset i putted on in january and they done not a single km .
They are back stored in the attic above the garage , and the Cali looks like this...
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2668.JPG

Need to go out soon otherwise i'll be putting the winters back on....
Funny thing as i started the Cali it showed a warning on the dash: 8 days till next service! It has not drivin at all in 5months , now it needs a service !;)

Now the next thing to do is a good clean , it's coverd in dust .
But not today , i'm not cleaning a car today while it is 26-27 celcius , way to hot today.
Gonna enjoy the sun on the terras now .

Something like this this week:
I took of to go to work, when I found my van very wiggly going over speed bumps. I was 3 streets from my house, parked it near the main street to find my rear right tyre flat.
Unscrewed the toolbox from the back seat. Put the VW jack under the van, crossed my fingers it wouldn't slide on the cobblestone I was parked up. Jacked the van (on hand brake and in first gear). Unscrewed the bolts (they were screwed out and in a month and a half ago, so no problem). Got my spare very rusty wheel out of the basket (I only got the non-removable bolt a few turns out before the rust made it stick in the thread). The other one I had lubricated a while ago. Changed the Colmar alloy for the rusty steel, put the empty basket back in place, dropped the Colmar in the living room, threw all the equipment in the boot and took off to work.
I was only 3 minutes late, so well done of me?
IMG_20200611_120141.jpg
I am still undecided what looks better?

Back