Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Cleared out the front roof drains, with some help from a can of compressed air.

Fitted a new N75, or moo value. No more mooing! In fairness, the dealer sent me the new valve when I said it was faulty (they’ve been great).

Fitted a spare wheel security bolt.
What security bolt did you use? Was it easy (for a mechanical idiot) to fit? Thx

Opened the box and inflated the S2S is mattress. Tried it in the van. OMG, sooooo comfortable. They say to keep it inflated for at least 24 hours so it’s in the back of the sitting room so the foam can “remember” what it feels like to be full.

Opened the box and inflated the S2S is mattress. Tried it in the van. OMG, sooooo comfortable. They say to keep it inflated for at least 24 hours so it’s in the back of the sitting room so the foam can “remember” what it feels like to be full.
Oh it will remember and never go back in it’s stuff sack ;)
Good to hear you’ve finally got one.

I mean myself as the mechanical idiot, of course ......

Ha! Just the standard security bolt. I bought one from a fellow owner on here but they sell them in the club shop. Sparesafe is the best option but out of stock at the moment. Absolute doddle to fit.

Oh it will remember and never go back in it’s stuff sack ;)
Good to hear you’ve finally got one.
o_OI think if you could get enough air out to fit it back in it’s sack it’d take too long to reinflate. I’m going to give it a while before I finally decide how/where
we’re going to store it in the van.

o_OI think if you could get enough air out to fit it back in it’s sack it’d take too long to reinflate. I’m going to give it a while before I finally decide how/where
Make sure you use bed air, not summer or winter air used for tyres, bed air is best to use for a SIM.
I use extra fluffy bed air and it’s adds a bit more comfort, but can take a bit longer to deflate.

Finished emptying the van of the last few bits we take on holiday, but don’t need at other times. Also:
  • Cleaned the inside.
  • Tried the new S2S mattress.
  • Put the washed bedding back in the Ikea Drona boxes on the back shelf.
  • Replenished the “grab ‘n go“ food box.
  • Checked the chair screws (paranoid now).
  • Removed last year’s Britstops sticker from the windscreen (must remember to find the new one for this weekend’s canal farm shop stopover).
  • Sat in it for a while and chilled out (couldn’t resist, never can).

Make sure you use bed air, not summer or winter air used for tyres, bed air is best to use for a SIM.
I use extra fluffy bed air and it’s adds a bit more comfort, but can take a bit longer to deflate.
Could we use the air that's in the pop top that we need to let out of the top to close the roof?
Must be safe enough?

SIMs should be stored flat rather than rolled up. We have put our S2S SIM under our bed (in the house) - hopefully won't forget the SIM next weekend when we go away!

We removed the mattress from the upper bed and store it up top. Only have to roll out once to remove enough air so the roof can shut!

Could we use the air that's in the pop top that we need to let out of the top to close the roof?
Must be safe enough?
Sadly when lowering the top it’s the same time that we need to deflate the mattress. Perhaps brand up could make a storage container for all that wasted air.

I went to see a play Written by Ben Elton once (lots of famous actors in it - early 90s). It was about a company bottling air and selling it. It seemed so rediculously funny. But nowadays you can buy air in a jar from eBay:
E2EE461C-CC87-439A-8282-AA9AB9D41408.png

and this guy’s laughing all the way to the bank:

D08BD3DB-BFB5-4234-AF36-BF99C6420E50.png

Surely, southern air will be softer.
I originate from the south but like my bed rock hard. Hubby’s a scouser and wants it a bit softer. Only getting the mattress for him really ;)

Must be safe enough?
In ours the pop top top is full of burbs, dribbles and trumps (not the most ladylike of sleepers). So potential for a mattress explosion, on even the coldest of days, or at the very least glue meltdown and the foam being separated from the fabric! o_O

SIMs should be stored flat rather than rolled up. We have put our S2S SIM under our bed (in the house) - hopefully won't forget the SIM next weekend when we go away!
That’s where we keep our Thermarest dream sim’s that together are too wide for the Cali, doh!!

Tried the S2S up top. Decided it wasn’t for us for 2 reasons. We sleep with our heads at the short end and that means:
  • the “bar” between the main mattress and the shaped foam piece is noticable and at my shoulder, so not comfy
  • we catapiller wiggle to the end of the bed to get to the ”hole”. When I tried it the mattress went with me a bit.
So the plan is to store the mattress folded in 4 on the back shelf. It doesn’t take much space and can go under our Ikea Drona boxes that we keep the bedding in. Just need to find something protective to wrap it in.

So we’ll keep the normal mattress up top with a mattress cover and sheet in situ. We find that really comfy anyway. Then we’ve got the S2S for downstairs when we need it.

Must be safe enough?
Sadly when lowering the top it’s the same time that we need to deflate the mattress. Perhaps Brandup could make a storage container for all that wasted air.

I went to see a play Written by Ben Elton once (lots of famous actors in it - early 90s). It was about a company bottling air and selling it. It seemed so rediculously funny. But nowadays you can buy air in a jar from eBay:
View attachment 65536
View attachment 65537

Sadly when lowering the top it’s the same time that we need to deflate the mattress. Perhaps Brandup could make a storage container for all that wasted air.

View attachment 65536
View attachment 65537
Lunch stop Scottish Borders

068C2E7D-DB1A-4DF9-938F-F2ABA9E8049D.jpeg

View attachment 65536
View attachment 65537
Reminds me of Peckham Spring. :offtopic :Iamsorry

Replaced leisure battery with a new Varta LA80 (dealer sent it to me). I think the old one was the original, reading 10.4V, new one is 13V. Lovely jubbly.

Back