Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Have you noticed a big change in the speedo reading when you installed them?

My speedo reads 74 when actually only at 70 so is about 6% out in its reading currently. I’m looking at these tyres and they would be 9.3% bigger than my current tyre. Therefore my speedo would then read 68 when doing 70 therefore slightly out the other way.
I haven’t been very exact about measuring speed but it definitely feels truer to GPS speed now.

Going from 215/65R16 to 205/65R16 gives me about 2 km/h less on the GPS, so I can "speed" with my winter tyres without being fined!! :thumb

I've built a smaller parcel shelf in order to allow the rear bench to clear the wardrobe, so that you can actually access the wardrobe and use it and have more space in the "living room".
A second shelf to put on top will follow, to allow for a full 1,95m bed to be made and carry more stuff, more organised, in the boot.

20200827_190511.jpg

20200827_192722.jpg

20200827_192739.jpg

Hello @IamYann, seeing the nice job you have done in your tables, the vinyl you have looks identical to what a guy in Switzerland had used in the inside of his ice cream caravan.
May I ask where you got it from please?
Many thanks, Mike

View attachment 62408
Sorry for the awful late reply I bought it on Bauhaus in Sweden but it's a German company so should be available there as well. Link to Swedish Bauhaus but just Google it. https://www.bauhaus.se/dekorplast-d-c-fix-rio-ocean-67-5x200cm

Washed and waxed today!!
I don't think I've had the time and inclination to wax it in about the last 3 washes and they only happen 2 or 3 times a year!
Fortunately I have Mojave Beige. So it really looks cleanish most of the time, Im sure I could just get away with cleaning the wheels and nobody would know I didn't do the rest :D

Actually in all seriousness, the difference is not the colour when its clean or dirty, it's if you can see yourself in the reflection. But none the less I shouldn't have left it so long, I could feel the paintwork grabbing the wax off the applicator sponge. It was thirsty.

Washed and waxed today!!
I don't think I've had the time and inclination to wax it in about the last 3 washes and they only happen 2 or 3 times a year!
Fortunately I have Mojave Beige. So it really looks cleanish most of the time, Im sure I could just get away with cleaning the wheels and nobody would know I didn't do the rest :D

Actually in all seriousness, the difference is not the colour when its clean or dirty, it's if you can see yourself in the reflection. But none the less I shouldn't have left it so long, I could feel the paintwork grabbing the wax off the applicator sponge. It was thirsty.

I did the same, forgot how much effort is required and really need to look into a machine polisher!
I even cleaned the glass inside and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today i'm packing the Cali since a looong time to head out for a trip staying in Belgium as school starts today now for us is the time to enjoy the piece en quite on the campsites....
Spending some nights in the Ardennes on a campsite were my brother has a static caravan is the plan to start off .
One year ago this day we were still in Denmark at the Bornholm meet
Sadly this year i don't think attending a meet is possible. The Slimbrige meet end of this month was sort of on my calender as back-up plan but quarentine is still on so thats a no-go.
I'ts the first year we did not go accros the border for vacation.

Emptying from last bits from our camping trip and putting stuff in for a farm shop britstop overnighter at the weekend.

Must remember to turn the fridge on for all the lovely meat and goodies. And check my bank balance.

I know, went to use the van one only to find one of the clamps won't tighten :mad:
Need to investigate, suspect it's the thread. Tap and die kit might be coming out.

I know, went to use the van one only to find one of the clamps won't tighten :mad:
Need to investigate, suspect it's the thread. Tap and die kit might be coming out.
So definately not a winner in the load the bike rack under 6 minutes contest!

6 minutes to get the towbar rack out the garage and mounted maybe :D

Today i'm packing the Cali since a looong time to head out for a trip staying in Belgium as school starts today now for us is the time to enjoy the piece en quite on the campsites....
Spending some nights in the Ardennes on a campsite were my brother has a static caravan is the plan to start off .
One year ago this day we were still in Denmark at the Bornholm meet
Sadly this year i don't think attending a meet is possible. The Slimbrige meet end of this month was sort of on my calender as back-up plan but quarentine is still on so thats a no-go.
I'ts the first year we did not go accros the border for vacation.
Likewise. Norway abandoned as well as Denmark but still averaging 300+ miles a week with daytrips and a few overnighter locally. London next week, but by train and a central hotel.

Cleared out the front roof drains, with some help from a can of compressed air.

Fitted a new N75, or moo value. No more mooing! In fairness, the dealer sent me the new valve when I said it was faulty (they’ve been great).

Fitted a spare wheel security bolt.

Back