Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Came to Canalside Cafe and farm shop at Great Haywood, near Stafford, for a overnighter. It’s on The Trent Mersey Canal, only 12 mins walk along the canal to Shugborough Hall. If you’re with Britstops you can stay for free, if you’re not you can pay to stayover. Bought a huge beef rib joint, but won’t be cooking it in the van.

Came to Canalside Cafe and farm shop at Great Haywood, near Stafford, for a overnighter. It’s on The Trent Mersey Canal, only 12 mins walk along the canal to Shugborough Hall. If you’re with Britstops you can stay for free, if you’re not you can pay to stayover. Bought a huge beef rib joint, but won’t be cooking it in the van.
Thanks for the tip.
We are in the Scottish Borders, photo is Romanno Bridge.

FC380E71-2BD7-4DAD-80ED-46E1CE65CFC9.jpeg

Hi @Elly Swanson, don't you have the small electric pump? Maybe someone else mentioned it?? Anyway if you do it can also deflate the SIM. We have one and it takes a couple of mins, no more wrestling to get the air out.
Thanks for the recommendation, Billylou. I bought one a couple of weeks ago when there was a post on here (the Tomight one). The good thing about the S2S is the switching valve. I tried emptying our old Thermorest Dreamtime”s and the mattress was fighting against the pump as the valve is in and out!

Nice job. That photo was playing tricks with my head. Had to double look. Still confused.
Didn’t see it was a reflection the first time. That shine is amazing!!!

Spent a couple of quid today, as well as taking the dog out in the tipping rain, she loves Elmo.
New wheels (procured here)
Personal plate. We’ve never gone in for these but couldn’t resist for Elmo3. She’s a keeper.
This van is going to be fab by the time we’ve finished!

Dared to clean and inspect the pop top roof for the first time in 3 years. Thankfully there is no sign of corrosion. The plastic tape around the rim (everywhere except the front edge of the lifting roof piece) has held up well. It was full of dust and grit so an airline and some hot soapy water got rid of that.

B3E07609-1148-4186-9328-C86FBCD0F5D2.jpegF27FB718-0FC7-44C2-A893-2EBA0B68058F.jpeg

Helped my neighbour collect a nice trailer for a huge ride on mower his daughter bought for mowing some land where she runs her doggy day care business. Some chap with a gw had it for his Smart car but it won’t take his new Fiat 500.AEDDC5CF-D9AE-47B8-9DAE-C7A13392DAB2.jpeg

Dared to clean and inspect the pop top roof for the first time in 3 years. Thankfully there is no sign of corrosion. The plastic tape around the rim (everywhere except the front edge of the lifting roof piece) has held up well. It was full of dust and grit so an airline and some hot soapy water got rid of that.

View attachment 65768View attachment 65769
I haven't yet read all the roof corrosion posts (probably should have done!). Fairly new owner and late 2019 cali. Is the problem normally under the seal? I assume the seal is an easy pull off push on affair? Can easily see why that join could be an issue - reminds me of the roof gutters on old minis!

I haven't yet read all the roof corrosion posts (probably should have done!). Fairly new owner and late 2019 cali. Is the problem normally under the seal? I assume the seal is an easy pull off push on affair? Can easily see why that join could be an issue - reminds me of the roof gutters on old minis!
For the same reason I don’t read possible side effects on medication, I haven’t read the roof corrosion post. The seal easily slides off and back on. I didn’t take the whole thing off, just in case it was challenging to realign the whole thing. I did it in sections (one complete side at a time and round the two corners)

Hardwired the kitchen pod and Mobicool fridge to the new leisure battery. Works a treat and connects to CTEK charger for power supply mode when hook up available
Properly cleaned out the top bunk ready for new mattress arriving tomorrow!
Need to fit the new wheels collected yesterday, think I might get a decent jack first...

Back