Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Fitted this to secure my dog while we have the door open etc, not 100% on it but guess it does the job

5D2C299F-8600-434C-94EE-1ABC607CF6F9.jpeg

Don’t have a dog myself these days but just for info’ Bus-Boxx do a dog lead that seems to wrap around a wheel.

1A6FE50E-BC14-42E1-A2D1-2170F0D36919.png

Fitted the Velcro parts for the Isotop that I just bought off the forum (was hot up there!!), fitted an elasticated storage net to the back of the bench and packed more of the bits and pieces I’d previously bought into various cupboards and Ikea Kuggis boxes. Almost ready for our first trip on Friday
:pinkbanana

Gave it its first oil change in my ownership.
Having read of problems removing the filter, I bought one of these:

P7130338.JPG
You can see from the state of the removed filter that it certainly was needed
Filled up with seven litres of this:

P7130339.JPG
I've used Millers oil for as long as I can remember, I think that it's one of the best on the market.
And finally, I surprised myself by being able to negotiate all of the toings and froings required to re-set the service indicator!

At about 7pm I decided it was cool enough to snow foam/wash the Cali and then apply Autoglym ceramic coat. Managed to do the front up to the B pillar and all wheels. That was my priority, so called it a day at that point ZZZzzz

Spent at least 3 hours cleaning and polishing the Cali yesterday (baked on flies from the weekend etc). Thought I’d finish waxing it today.

Look out the window this morning and next door’s cat who’s a bit poorly (bless him) has somehow managed to leave the foulest message….. on the roof… on both solar panels and left footprints all over.

Started over again this morning trying to avoid jet wash blow back. . Keeps me off the streets though I guess. Massively hoping it’s not his new favourite place to crap though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spent at least 3 hours cleaning and polishing the Cali yesterday (baked on flies from the weekend etc). Thought I’d finish waxing it today.

Look out the window this morning and next door’s cat who’s a bit poorly (bless him) has somehow managed to leave the foulest message….. on the roof… on both solar panels and left footprints all over.

Started over again this morning trying to avoid jet wash blow back. . Keeps me off the streets though I guess. Massively hoping it’s not his new favourite place to crap though.

It was a present & appreciation of your Graft

you may not have wanted it,

but what does a Cat give the man that has it all o_O

Fitted the Velcro parts for the Isotop that I just bought off the forum (was hot up there!!), fitted an elasticated storage net to the back of the bench and packed more of the bits and pieces I’d previously bought into various cupboards and Ikea Kuggis boxes. Almost ready for our first trip on Friday
:pinkbanana
I think we might be in sync. I fitted the velcro for the ISOTOP on Saturday but haven't been up there again to complete the job due to the heat. Kuggis boxes arrived yesterday. First trip Saturday!

Turns out it was fur balls. I feel so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a cucumber on the roof to deter the pesky cat :)

A few weeks ago I placed a cucumber on the floor for both cats thinking great hilarity would follow. We were hugely disappointed at the complete lack of freaked outness and the look of utter disdain from both animals as if to say ‘mate, you didn’t seriously believe those TikTok vids did you’ ?’

Speaking of which, I can’t get my head round eating cucumber. I love melon (same family) and cornichon / pickles - there’s NOTHING wrong with cucumber but I just can’t bring myself to eat it. Dunno why. Don’t get me started on celery - love the smell but won’t touch that or rhubarb with a 10 foot pole.

Think I may have wandered off topic slightly. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we might be in sync. I fitted the velcro for the ISOTOP on Saturday but haven't been up there again to complete the job due to the heat. Kuggis boxes arrived yesterday. First trip Saturday!
If you’re going to the New Forest then there’s some sort of sorcery going on!!! o_O

What’s this?
Bought a Velcro on boot organiser from Amazon, stuck some of the double sided felt to the back of the bench to stick it to but it wasn’t strong enough. The nets come in 600 or 800mm wide and I needed 700mm, so got the 600 and stretched it, which prevented the Velcro from doing its job. So I bought some trim clips from Halfords, drilled a few holes in the back of the bench and inserted their clips. Holds it well:

0A29905D-A950-46C8-879E-9F09F07A21A0.jpeg

Bought a Velcro on boot organiser from Amazon, stuck some of the double sided felt to the back of the bench to stick it to but it wasn’t strong enough. The nets come in 600 or 800mm wide and I needed 700mm, so got the 600 and stretched it, which prevented the Velcro from doing its job. So I bought some trim clips from Halfords, drilled a few holes in the back of the bench and inserted their clips. Holds it well:

View attachment 96217
Nice - creates some space well.
I’ve thought about one of these, but haven’t needed it yet. Longest trip I’ve done is still 4 nights though.
https://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup...multivan/flexbag-bench-rucksack-vw-t61-t6-t5/

Tip run yesterday and a wash first thing this morning. Probably it’s first wash for about 2months, gave the roof a good clean too
789F38FC-7BDF-4897-A7BC-A7ECA9C41D7B.jpeg

Practice run of the driveaway awning. Not used it for several years, as we have the safari room, thought I'd check before our up and coming trip.
IMG_20220728_121927.jpg

Back