Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

When will campsites reopen ?

CL sites might be an alternative. Usually spread out and not normally their primary source of income and some are difficult to get to with large caravans/motorhomes.

Could be various reasons for them being there. Great white may be there home? The caravans might be builders who can't stay in B&B etc. I have a job where a joiner/fitter is staying at bottom of site during the week in his caravan towed behind his work van.
Yes, absolutely. Who are we to judge or guess?

I noticed you can get a quality toilet tent/porta potti combo for well under a hundred quid these days. Maybe the way to go.

Yes even better solution WG. But I think you can stretch out the use of a chemical toilet for 48 hours without emptying (probably :(). Also portable showers can be rigged up in the toilet tent, and maybe a mini-champagne bar and a darts board.

Well I'm going to Oxford soon and overnighting in Alfie so interesting to see how often I get stopped :(

There is genuine concern in Devon and Cornwall that once the lockdown is lifted then a lot of people will travel down here as we have had lower infection rates so far. There is fear that the area will then be more at risk of the virus spreading and won’t cope. Thousands of people camping would need a bit of organising on a countywide basis to manage the risks.

Well I'm going to Oxford soon and overnighting in Alfie so interesting to see how often I get stopped :(
Now that I’ve posted your details on the police Facebook sites ...... quite a few stops! Also mentioned that you might have some contraband stashed onboard, so Alfie might get strip searched;)

Now that I’ve posted your details on the police Facebook sites ...... quite a few stops! Also mentioned that you might have some contraband stashed onboard, so Alfie might get strip searched;)

Would put him on par with Albert when Douane pulled me off the autoroute coming into France from Belgium :shocked

Very sorry to hear that news, if you do get stopped im 110 % sure the Police will not object to your essential travel when you show the letter of appointment.
Hope all goes well for you

Very sorry to hear that news, if you do get stopped im 110 % sure the Police will not object to your essential travel when you show the letter of appointment.
Hope all goes well for you

No need to be sorry..... I'm quite well and hopefully C-19 negative. This is a screening for healthy volunteers for when the >65 trials open up. Quite a big question mark with my cancer history, which normally mitigates against participation for vaccine trials, but they want people in good physical condition who are not taking any regular prescribed medication to go on their lists anyway so will not be a wasted journey.

Good on you, I think the seven tabs I take each morning may count me out?

Good on you, I think the seven tabs I take each morning may count me out?

For healthy volunteer trials, probably. Its not only patient safety but they have to be certain that any side effect is caused by the drug acting on the body and not by reaction with other medication.However the phases afterwards will start to include those with possible underlying conditions.

Why these trials are such a long process: Normally start with 18 - 35 and very healthy, followed by increasing age groups as each preceding group satisfies safety parameters, then start on those who would be most at risk from the disease being vaccinated against. After all those trials there then follows efficacy trials on larger numbers of each population until finally it goes for license approval. I am currently halfway through a year long efficacy trial for a new migraine drug that started two years ago :shocked

There is genuine concern in Devon and Cornwall that once the lockdown is lifted then a lot of people will travel down here as we have had lower infection rates so far. There is fear that the area will then be more at risk of the virus spreading and won’t cope. Thousands of people camping would need a bit of organising on a countywide basis to manage the risks.

I can understand that concern. The NHS provision will not be baseline established for a large proportion of temporary visitors.

The estate that I live on has a number of holiday homes but in some ways being in the densely populated South coast area visitors will not have a significant impact on care provision, although many of my neighbours are grumbling.

The other fear expressed is that they may bring the virus with them if coming from an area where infection is rampant to an area where it is relatively light, and again where I live we have had relatively few clusters. On that particular topic my answer is look after number one, as long as I am socially isolated from these disease-laden bearers of plague then it should not affect me.

Solution is obvious. Restrict all the incoming visitors to designated areas with a defined perimeter, at some distance from the settled population's dwellings, with dedicated sanitary facilities, and on-site retail for basic necessities and trinkets.

A campsite!
:upsidedown

Solution is obvious. Restrict all the incoming visitors to designated areas with a defined perimeter, at some distance from the settled population's dwellings, with dedicated sanitary facilities, and on-site retail for basic necessities and trinkets.

A campsite!
:upsidedown

Why is your banana upside down?

If and when sites do open, I would hope constant cleaning of the facilities would be a site owners priority.

When do we think campsites reopen ? If they do, would we be happy using a sink in the toilet in the toilet blick that has had toothpaste spat out by several dozen people before you ? I can see Campsites maybe opening just for self contained units
Dont know which type of campsite you use but suggest you find a better one !!

When do we think campsites reopen ? If they do, would we be happy using a sink in the toilet in the toilet blick that has had toothpaste spat out by several dozen people before you ? I can see Campsites maybe opening just for self contained units
Ive received emails from 2 sites in Spain that are taking bookings FROM June 1st....wether this is a punt or not or just forward planning I dont know....suspect the latter is part of a wish list

As the virus rate slows and drops and with the onset of the summer, we need to get the country back to business.
If not, there won’t be many campsites left next year. We ought to be doing all we can - steadily and managed of course - to support small and independent businesses. Throughout the lockdown, many larger companies have done really well with internet orders but I believe we need a concerted national effort to shop locally, use our independent stores and small campsites to help them on their feet.