Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can't book campsite unless I have toilet

Not too bad in Leeds, 15 min queue and plenty of stock seemed very...normal ;)
BTW I hate IKEA, but had to go to get a SUNNERSTA shelf for the Cali lol
They do some neat little things you can use as they are or hack for the van. Also some of their stuff is really good quality, like their roasting tin (Don’t use that I the van).

We‘re Brits but found Ikea In 1979 when living in Berlin. In those days things were made of real wood.

8E7ABDD7-8639-4231-A731-1813DF4EC5DD.jpeg

Tried to book a couple of campsites for September and both asked if I had onboard facilities, one would accept the porta potti and toilet tent and the other one said they were only accepting motorhomes and caravans.

I can see their point in not opening toilet blocks, I would not like to be responsible for enforcing social distancing and a full on cleaning system 24 hours a day, I think they are making right decision in keeping the facilities closed

No toilet blocks when wild camping and rarely when using the French Aires so what's the big deal?

Space for a strip wash, ability to empty the Porta Potty and fill with fresh water, what more do you want?

There are those of us that were brought up in an era that hadn't even seen a shower let alone used one! I was brought up in a village that didn't have electricity until 1961, no mains water until after 1965, sewage was a septic tank in the field. Now at the age of seventy one a nicely equipped VW camper is a luxury!

No toilet blocks when wild camping and rarely when using the French Aires so what's the big deal?

Space for a strip wash, ability to empty the Porta Potty and fill with fresh water, what more do you want?

There are those of us that were brought up in an era that hadn't even seen a shower let alone used one! I was brought up in a village that didn't have electricity until 1961, no mains water until after 1965, sewage was a septic tank in the field. Now at the age of seventy one a nicely equipped VW camper is a luxury!
people these days are a big bunch of pansies mate

My brother has just been glamping on a site in Denmark. Toilet and showers open. Lots of soap and sanitiser dispensers around. It's not rocket science, wash hands, get paper towel to open door and exit room, bin paper towel. Job done.
Like @flying banana has said, it's just the same as using the toilets at work, as I have been throughout. Use common sense.

You could work down t’pit all day without so much as a farthing to show fer it ‘n all....and stick some kids up t’chimney.....aye never did those kids from t’orphanage any ‘arm, they were right glad for t’opportunity!
;)

We just hope we can start to visit campsites again, we have an Awning with a porta potty. We only stay for 2 days at a time.

Has anyone found any campsites in England that are going to open their facilities?

Ok,

We are not talking about individuals being scared to use facilities. If someone doesn't want to use a bucket then that is their personal choice and nothing to be sneered at. Neither are we talking politics, protestors, pubs and social distancing.

We ar talking about campsites, risk assessments, government rules, nowt to do with individuals, mostly to do with scientists advising governments as to whom can open and how, and then us as campers looking at a possible number of restrictions that may influence our camping choices.

So many are worried about Covid19 that they fear taking responsibility for others safety. I want the sites to open ASAP but can appreciate site owners concerns and effect on their business if it went pear shaped. The cleaning regime would put up prices and staffing costs quite a bit if nothing else.

Sorry to change the subject a second, but Elly can I ask where you got your bin from in the picture

"Can't book campsite unless I have toilet"

Then call their bluff and take one of these:

They might not like it but they'll never catch you.

Last edited:
At camperjam last year people were stealing toilet roll by the shedload. When we stayed at Crealy Park the very posh toilets had a janitor but they still stole all the squeegees in the showers. Sanitiser will be a must have item which could make life very difficult for the site owners.

I have also booked 4 c&mc dates, can’t wait!

At camperjam last year people were stealing toilet roll by the shedload. When we stayed at Crealy Park the very posh toilets had a janitor but they still stole all the squeegees in the showers. Sanitiser will be a must have item which could make life very difficult for the site owners.
With the onslaught of many who would normally be flying off for their all-inclusives, I think they’ll be quite a few who don’t understand campsite etiquette, ethics, etc and some who simply don’t care. Hopefully the recent bad weather, and the hope of flying corridors, their dreams of the ideal British camping weather will have dissolved in the rain.

Has anyone found any campsites in England that are going to open their facilities?
Some independent sites are advertising that their facilities will be open. It must be at site owner’s discretion if shops have theirs open.

Some independent sites are advertising that their facilities will be open. It must be at site owner’s discretion if shops have theirs open.
Got email from C&M club tonight. They’re looking to open majority of sites in England from 4th July and “intend to open” toilet blocks etc..there are nuances but look at their ‘Covid Secure Commitment’ on their website.
The Fat Lady isn’t singing but I think I can hear her warming up?
:bananadance2

Got email from C&M club tonight. They’re looking to open majority of sites in England from 4th July and “intend to open” toilet blocks etc..there are nuances but look at their ‘Covid Secure Commitment’ on their website.
The Fat Lady isn’t singing but I think I can hear her warming up?
:bananadance2
Good to hear the fat lady’s being sensible and tuning up!

Here’s a foreword thinking, proactive campsite. Found this post on a camping group on Facebook. I know some of you guys don’t use it so took a screen shot rather than posting a link.

2E7D70D1-7A8F-4602-9B4C-8637449205EC.png

Back