Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

When will campsites reopen ?

There is no such thing as a risk free environment, the most dangerous thing we likely do is drive to the campsite
Until there is a vaccine (which wont protect us all anyhow due to age or genetics) then antibody tests and improved therapeutics will have to suffice.

We were given one of the VW shower tents that fits under the tailgate and it has never been out of the bag, but might actually get used now if it means we can get be self contained!

Does the shower tent have a base/floor and drainage system?

Does the shower tent have a base/floor and drainage system?
Sorry, but I have never taken it out of the bag, but I don’t think it is that sophisticated. I think Campervantastic might sell it.

Thinking “you’ve had it and are therefore immune” is a wee bit naive. We still don’t know 1) how long immunity lasts 2) what level of immunity you have 3) more than 1 strain of the virus !
Naive or not, I'm not particularly worried about it. I get that some people might be if they were in an "At Risk" group, but most people are not.

In answer to your points:

1) There is no credible evidence to suggest that we should be worried about getting C19 twice.
2) My naive response suggested that we all need to be tested to find this out for certain.
3) Virus mutations are inevitable. Again - I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

As soon as lockdown is lifted we'll be getting back to work and play pretty quickly. We aren't going to live our lives in fear of ifs, buts and maybes.

Naive or not, I'm not particularly worried about it. I get that some people might be if they were in an "At Risk" group, but most people are not.

1) There is no credible evidence to suggest that we should be worried about getting C19 twice.
2) My naive response suggested that we all need to be tested to find this out for certain.

As soon as lockdown is lifted we'll be getting back to work and play pretty quickly. We aren't going to live our lives in fear of ifs, buts and maybes.
This virus is also infecting every thread.

I understand the frustrations, but some of us are still at work and seeing it close up does make anyone 'lose sleep'

I've some news for you all. I too am still working on the railway. We are planning on increasing our current timetable to 70% of services running on the 18th of may. What's going to happen with seating and crowds on trains I have heard nothing yet. Some good news though I hope.

I've some news for you all. I too am still working on the railway. We are planning on increasing our current timetable to 70% of services running on the 18th of may. What's going to happen with seating and crowds on trains I have heard nothing yet. Some good news though I hope.

Good intel.

Waiting with bated breath for Boris's statement on Sunday. Anyone else hoping it will contain the 'c word' (campsites)?

:)

Waiting with bated breath for Boris's statement on Sunday. Anyone else hoping it will contain the 'c word' (campsites)?

:)
Families allowed to drive into the country for picnics...It's a short step further.

Families allowed to drive into the country for picnics...It's a short step further.

I hope not as it will mean everyone will be heading out on the road and places like Cornwall will become gridlocked. The only way I want campsites to be alloowed to open is if people are NOT allowed to travel outside of their county or council district

I hope not as it will mean everyone will be heading out on the road and places like Cornwall will become gridlocked. The only way I want campsites to be alloowed to open is if people are NOT allowed to travel outside of their county or council district
Wow! That's an extremist view. We can't exit our road by car without crossing a council boundary. The only escape to the rest of the council district is by walking through a park.

What a ridiculous statement.

What a ridiculous statement.
Yes that's great if you live in the lake district. But how would you police that? It's a bit like the pub issue. They say ones with beer gardens may open. But what if it's raining? Where do you draw the line? I think campsites may open soon but only the smaller ones. Just my thoughts.

I think it's a good idea and it's already on the governments radar. If they allow free travel everyone will head off down the M5 to the west country to their holiday homes. There needs to be a radius to how far you can travel for leisure

I think it's a good idea and it's already on the governments radar. If they allow free travel everyone will head off down the M5 to the west country to their holiday homes. There needs to be a radius to how far you can travel for leisure
I won't fir exactly those reasons! I dont think I'm alone. Not all follow the herd...