Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which electric car to buy?

Spotted last week, a car park full of Teslas at Brent Cross shopping centre on the North Circular road, N. London. Don't know if it's a distribution centre for new vehicles, or a dump for broken down ones.

Spotted last week, a car park full of Teslas at Brent Cross shopping centre on the North Circular road, N. London. Don't know if it's a distribution centre for new vehicles, or a dump for broken down ones.
If its anything like Fosse Park, I would say they are waiting for charge station to free up.

Hmmm...
Flying a classic car to New Zealand.
Smiles per emission : priceless.
;)
Hmmmmm... by sea actually. CO2 emissions to ship a one tonne car Felixstowe-Auckland return: 640kg (ie slightly less than a passenger seat on a return flight Birmingham to Malaga).

But let's not talk about emissions per rally-mile. :happy

Maybe buy this one.

0-60 in 1.4 seconds
1/4 mile in 7.97 seconds
Cost: 7 figures

Quite an entertaining video on the link.
Mat commented to camera: ‘I accelerate and launch a lot of cars. I drag race a lot of cars. This is on another, another level. It’s two levels up. All cars are now officially slow to me. I’ve never felt anything like that in my life.”

Maybe buy this one.

0-60 in 1.4 seconds
1/4 mile in 7.97 seconds

Mat commented to camera: ‘I accelerate and launch a lot of cars. I drag race a lot of cars. This is on another, another level. It’s two levels up. All cars are now officially slow to me. I’ve never felt anything like that in my life.”
Thank you. That is insane indeed.

We all have Cali's and we can tow this car on a trailer very easily to races. Interesting thought.

<<< goes to sleep ... sweet dreams >>>

It's the collection point for new Teslas in North London. You don't seem to collect them from the sales centre.

It's the collection point for new Teslas in North London. You don't seem to collect them from the sales centre.
You can either collect, or, they will deliver to your door on a trailer at no extra charge; Delivery driver also gives a full handover, explains controls etc. Any issues after delivery are logged on an App, they will then check over the air for issues, and then send a man in van within 24hrs if they can't fix remotely(....in our case a mudflap extender bolt was missing).

They also have a facility in Bluewater carpark, guess they choose locations with good transport links so easier to get there without a car.

Maybe buy this one.

0-60 in 1.4 seconds
1/4 mile in 7.97 seconds

I saw that live on the hill at Goodwood.
It's absolutely insane. Sounds exactly like a large scaletrix car.

You can either collect, or, they will deliver to your door on a trailer at no extra charge; Delivery driver also gives a full handover, explains controls etc. Any issues after delivery are logged on an App, they will then check over the air for issues, and then send a man in van within 24hrs if they can't fix remotely(....in our case a mudflap extender bolt was missing).

They also have a facility in Bluewater carpark, guess they choose locations with good transport links so easier to get there without a car.
I wasn't offered a delivery, collection only and I had to specify the collection location at the time of ordering. And then I got sent an email prior to collection explaining the controls. Handover was minimal, nobody checked that the trade-in I handed over the keys for was actually physically there!

I wasn't offered a delivery, collection only and I had to specify the collection location at the time of ordering. And then I got sent an email prior to collection explaining the controls. Handover was minimal, nobody checked that the trade-in I handed over the keys for was actually physically there!
Ours was a lease, so perhaps a different delivery agreement with Tesla.

Good points:
As EVs make more sense in urban environments, then Microlino is probably a much more practical proposition than most other EVs in that setting. It's compact and doesn't waste space. It has a reasonable range and sounds fun to drive. It's also very cute which may help promote sales if it's seen as a cool fashion statement. I suspect most car commutes don't have more than two occupants, so again very efficient. If what the presenter says is correct then it also seems reasonable well made.

Downsides:
You'd need to park it with both front wheels to curb otherwise you are often likely to have issues opening that big front door to get in and out. Other motorists will not realise that you will need a little extra space.

Like the original bubble cars, the Microlino has a manual sunroof as standard for a reason. Why? Because in a crash that's likely to be your only way of getting out

IMO it's still too expensive.

Still early days but this sounds like a way to extend the life of our diesel engines and still reap the benefits of 85% lower emissions. A H2/diesel hybrid lorry is currently running as a prototype in the Dakar.

Still early days but this sounds like a way to extend the life of our diesel engines and still reap the benefits of 85% lower emissions. A H2/diesel hybrid lorry is currently running as a prototype in the Dakar.

The article also says it wouldn’t be viable for diesel cars. Heavy industry machine are on a different level. No way you could reduce the hydrogen tank to a useable size for conventional vehicles…

Here is the answer! :D

This makes way more sense than the Citroen Ami.
I quite like it. I went to some safari thing down in Kent last year and had a golf buggy for two days to get about. It was a right laugh to drive.
This thing reminded me of that…

This makes way more sense than the Citroen Ami.
I quite like it. I went to some safari thing down in Kent last year and had a golf buggy for two days to get about. It was a right laugh to drive.
This thing reminded me of that…
Golf buggies are big thing in Florida.

24F1A305-88E3-4459-A689-9EAA0BC98225.jpeg

Last edited:
The article also says it wouldn’t be viable for diesel cars.
I may have missed that, but read:
Prof Kook doubts the hybrid would be of much interest in the car industry though, where electric and hybrid vehicles are already advanced and replacing diesel cars.”
That misses the point though, eg. People who already have a car they love (Cali owners?), can’t afford a new one or would prefer to minimise their emissions and retrofit rather than buy new.
A consumer hydrogen car already exists - the Toyota Mirai…

Back