Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Writing off 2020

kp64zl

kp64zl

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Or it could be a camping Revival that this country needs ! From adversity comes opportunities.
Opportunity for the government to change some of the preventative issues to this country adopting the French aire system and municipal facilities and mentality so many of us enjoy over the pond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I agree -- seems to be new and interesting sites popping up -- clearly some people with fields have realised there's some money to be made -- we are off to shropshire for the weekend

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
+1 for the Cali making a great day van rediscover your local patch

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Or it could be a camping Revival that this country needs ! From adversity comes opportunities.
Opportunity for the government to change some of the preventative issues to this country adopting the French aire system and municipal facilities and mentality so many of us enjoy over the pond?

It’s definitely time for the powers that be to realise what a market there is waiting to be tapped into, sadly I can’t see it happening :headbang

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
did we ever get to the bottom of that mystery vw tech who we apparently scared off ?
I don't remember reading any posts explaining why the VWGuru is now silent on the forum. It's a shame, because I found him most helpful when we had our California serviced. Probably just got overwhelmed by the requests for for help.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I don't remember reading any posts explaining why the VWGuru is now silent on the forum. It's a shame, because I found him most helpful when we had our California serviced. Probably just got overwhelmed by the requests for for help.
Wrong one. VW Guru, was a VW Master technician. Unfortunately he changed jobs.

The one referred to was from Germany, I believe, an engineer trainer, I believe. 1 post only.

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Steve, I just booked yesterday for a 2 week Switzerland trip. There are others on here, who are driving around France right now. It is a beautiful world out there and you need to go out and enjoy it.
Happy to hear! If we/I can pass on any live-news about the situation here - ask/write!

Just returned from a Germany trip and it was absolutly - with some changements - great trip. Campsites are full however they are anyway because of school holidays.

I hope [mention]steve and lisa [/mention]you can keep your California/ want to kwep it after some great ideas foe the UK

K

Kallista

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
We've booked a number of last minute trips, no issues.

And claiming (as one person has) that 'camping has had it's day now that every tom, dick and harry is now doing it' - I'm not one for ruffling feathers, but that's an incredibly arrogant view. Selling your van because of increased popularity is like throwing away a meal in a five star restaurant because the person next to you has ordered the same.....

It's a campervan - half the selling point of it is it's versatility. Go out, explore, travel. The UK is open. France is open. Germany is open. Italy is open. Europe is open.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Not him. There was another one who cropped up with 1 post

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Update to lisa and sue. Just extended my trip to the Dale's by another 2 nights. Only took a few phone calls. Boom. Dale's then staithes. Its tricky out there but the unknown makes it more fun.

Peter Roberts

Peter Roberts

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I asked for a full refund, which hit my Bank recently!
Just to confirm you booked with Brittany Ferries and I presume you had a Flexy ticket which means 25% deposit No refundable when you book. And Brittany ferries refunded you 100% of the fare when you cancelled, Is that correct?

Peter Roberts

Peter Roberts

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We are due to go to France next Thursday for 3 weeks so will play it by ear. If the rules change we should at least get a week in SW France ,and then head back early to clear 14 days as son starts secondary school early Sept.
Let us know what happens and if you decide to travel or not...Also if you go let us know the Campsite availability and if there are any problems. I have now changed our return ticket to the same time next year from Spain. Even managed to get a Commodore cabin and they are like gold dust.. Why not, life is too short...We still have the Portsmouth to Caen ticket open which is due to sail on the 7th Sept... Our Daughters weren't happy with us going to Spain certainly with whats happening at the moment...

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just to confirm you booked with Brittany Ferries and I presume you had a Flexy ticket which means 25% deposit No refundable when you book. And Brittany ferries refunded you 100% of the fare when you cancelled, Is that correct?
Hi Peter
My was not a Flex ticket, but it seems BF will refund if you specifically ask , otherwise they were happy to provide a credit note, which I did not want.
Initially we just enquired as to changing our dates to later in the year or 2021, BF responded by issuing a credit note, we then went back to BF and requested a full refund as they had cancelled our booking ( which is not what we asked)

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Peter
My was not a Flex ticket, but it seems BF will refund if you specifically ask , otherwise they were happy to provide a credit note, which I did not want.
Initially we just enquired as to changing our dates to later in the year or 2021, BF responded by issuing a credit note, we then went back to BF and requested a full refund as they had cancelled our booking ( which is not what we asked)

My other half is trying to rebook a crossing as a foot passenger and although she has her refund vouchers and an email stating that if booked by today there’s a 20% discount the BF system isn’t deducting the discount! Rather than getting the run around on the phone, might drop in to their Pompey office..... life used to be so much simpler!

Peter Roberts

Peter Roberts

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Peter

The difference here for us is that Brittany Ferries didn’t cancel my sailing, I chose not to go because of the risk in Spain at the moment..Their Flexy fare specifically states that you lose the initial 25% deposit which I didn’t want to do..I’ve heard too many stories regarding Brittany ferries I didn’t want to take the risk..Decided to just transfer to same time next year..Just hope all this crap is over by then..If it’s not we are all in deep doo doo anyway..

GregW

GregW

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
France is nice this time of year. Have you considered that?