Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Writing off 2020

@Dave Wickham is this a Forestry and Land Scotland site as referred to in earlier posts? It looks like they are continuing their initiative despite suggestions that the trial scheme had now stopped.
Yes, its their scheme. It was free 3 days ago but the sign says a charge will be introduced 'soon' but I have no idea if this sign is recent?

@Dave Wickham is this a Forestry and Land Scotland site as referred to in earlier posts? It looks like they are continuing their initiative despite suggestions that the trial scheme had now stopped.
I hope they’ve done a good job of collating the data for the trial and will publish their findings in the public domain. If it’s positive maybe England, Scotland and NI might follow their lead.

I was thinking that this could be a marvellous way to fundraiser for charities like the Woodland Trust. Wild camp free for members or fee for others. Just a thought, but maybe then the funds wouldn’t go directly to maintain the camp areas.

This is the latest update on their site

After careful consideration of these representations - and those from a small number of businesses - we have now decided to continue with the trial until later in 2020.
We will make some adjustments going forwards, in response to what we have learnt to date, and will continue to assess the need for a longer trial in 2021.
I suppose if they continue to call it a trial it can be closed down more easily than if it’s made permanent.