Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 Beach 150 DSG 4Motion

Thanks to all the useful info and ideas to be found on the forum I have installed a solar system. I did the install pretty much following the way @Skewif describes here, but put the controller behind the left front seat. Very happy with the results so far. As has been mentioned though, I'm not looking fwd to replacing the panel when it eventually fails. I wanted to put vinyl wrap down before the double face tape but couldn't find a supplier to sell me a small quantity for a reasonable price here in Switzerland.

The panel is a 160W 18V coupled with a Victron 75/15.

IMG_3034.JPG

Installed some Sachs HD dampers today, p/n 314 725. The improvement is very noticeable, definitely worth doing! I'm now looking for some 3 x grey T32 springs to try (currently have 2 x grey)

Interested to read about these...I currently have 'Bilsteins and 20" alloys on my 'Velle and find the ride waaaaay too harsh.

Installed some Sachs HD dampers today, p/n 314 725. The improvement is very noticeable, definitely worth doing! I'm now looking for some 3 x grey T32 springs to try (currently have 2 x grey)

View attachment 46468
Nice shocks. What are you hoping to gain by fitting 3 grey springs?

Interested to read about these...I currently have 'Bilsteins and 20" alloys on my 'Velle and find the ride waaaaay too harsh.
What Bilsteins do you have fitted?

What are you hoping to gain by fitting 3 grey springs?

I often go with 4 bikes on the back and a decent load otherwise. I want to level it out loaded a bit without raising it too much empty. Seems like moving up one load range at a time would be sensible. Thoughts?

I often go with 4 bikes on the back and a decent load otherwise. I want to level it out loaded a bit without raising it too much empty. Seems like moving up one load range at a time would be sensible. Thoughts?
Sounds very sensible. I'd be interested in what hight gain you get going from 2 to 3 grey.

Back