Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue - where are fellow T6 owners getting topped up

I filled up at Gloucester Services.
It's at the HGV pumps, I got publicly berated by them over the tannoy for going to the wrong pump (HGV diesel nozzles won't fit cars/vans) but when I said I wanted Ad-Blue they were fine with it.

After visiting a local Shell and finding the AdBlue pump with an 'Out of use' notice I did a bit of searching and found that Adblue is available at reasonable cost from EBAY suppliers.
choice of quantity if storage room/facility available.

£8.95 for 10ltrs; £15.95 for 20Ltrs. delivered to your door price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253357262463?var=552518856131

Last edited:
Local TPS selling 10 litres £5.99, apparently the 10 litre size on deal at present :thumb

I live on the South East Coast UK and according to FindAdBlue.com the only AdBlue pumps within a 200km radius are in Belgium.

I live on the South East Coast UK and according to FindAdBlue.com the only AdBlue pumps within a 200km radius are in Belgium.

Not sure that site is accurate or cover all outlets. The garage I use is not listed although it’s been open a few years.

Try the main brands own sites, for instance my local is esso and this lists that the garage supplies Bulk which I assume means a pump.

AdBlue on offer at Halfords. With my additonal British Cycling discount 10L works out at £10.

Costco have 5Ltrs of Redex Adblue for £4.78 inc vat until 5th Aug 2018.

Is it only needed for the T6 and not the T5? Having checked the link (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/diesel/adblue ) I have not seen the blue cap near the diesel fill cap.
Only Euro6 compliant diesel vehicles need AdBlue. I can’t see your cali details but if T5 then you will not find blue cap as will not be Euro 6 compliant.

Apart from lots of detail changes from the T5.1 to the T6 is the upgrade to Euro6 emission spec engines with the addition of the Adblue function is the main change.

Just paid £69.9 a litre at the local BP garage. Nice and easy using the pump although I had to go to the HGV pump.

Just paid £69.9 a litre at the local BP garage. Nice and easy using the pump although I had to go to the HGV pump.
You’ll need a mortgage for much at that price! ;);)

Looking on amazon, I can see 10L for £11, so that’s £1.10 per litre- more expensive than the pump. I was told it had a shelf life and its best not stored for ages. I just filled from a pump at a local station (easy, convenient, no mess/packaging) for £10 (79ppl). Is anyone sourcing in uk significantly cheaper?

Hi - my adblue tank is needing topping up and wondered where fellow owners are getting topped up. I have just ordered 20 litres via Amazon for £28.00 - which i calculate will last around 12000 miles. It all seems the same kit, but the price varies quite a bit. Its all new to me so wondered what everyone else is doing - i assume in time we will be able to top up at the petrol station
Bought 10l in Halfords and came in a container with a pouring spout....van has used it all already>

Just bought 10l in Home Bargains for £7.99 so 80p/l.

UK made to correct BS but unknown brand.

Then called in Tesco (in store) where they have 10l of redex ad blue for £10 but on 3 for 2.....which makes it 67p/l.... But 30l may be too much for those with 'sippers' of Adblue to have sitting around.

I do hope all these huge plastic containers get recycled as we'll be doing more harm than good with our euro6 engines.

I've done 5000 miles in my Crafter so far and it's still showing that I've got 1500 miles worth of adblue left.
Have just checked Tesco website and the Redex adblue in 10l size is £10 so £1/litre.
Not bad for 6500 miles, not worth quibbling over whether it's 69p, £1 or even £5 surely?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

not worth quibbling over whether it's 69p, £1 or even £5 surely?
I don’t think anybody is quibbling, just contributing to the community. If I relied on the supplier dealer for info I wouldn’t even know I had adblue.
This is my first top up in 6000 miles. It seems it’s a trade off between buying at the hgv pump with varying degrees of hassle or adding a huge polypropylene container and tube to the recycling bin and hoping it doesn’t get sent to landfill. I’m not sure why there isn’t a adblue bulk facility on ‘our’ side of most petrol stations.

I don’t think anybody is quibbling, just contributing to the community. If I relied on the supplier dealer for info I wouldn’t even know I had adblue.
This is my first top up in 6000 miles. It seems it’s a trade off between buying at the hgv pump with varying degrees of hassle or adding a huge polypropylene container and tube to the recycling bin and hoping it doesn’t get sent to landfill. I’m not sure why there isn’t a adblue bulk facility on ‘our’ side of most petrol stations.

Adblue pumps are beginning to show up on “normal “ forecourt and will only get more common as the number of diesels needing it increases. I am definitely an advocate of pump rather than bottle, as I’m not keen on the plastic waste. Was advised the stuff has a shelf life, so not a good idea to bulk buy.

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

Got caught short in France and needed ad blue at the pumps the container didn't have a funnel so had to make one out of a 1litre bottle of water ,which was a bit of a hassle and a little meet to say the least.. Try to monitor it now and keep it topped up

@Erbster
This is the first time I spotted your link to your blog.
Some great pictures there!!!
I'll have a read later :thumb

Back