Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue - where are fellow T6 owners getting topped up

Don't get that argument, sorry.
Tap water and Bottled water are different because they come from different sources and the manufacturers of Bottled Water make certain claims for their product over Tap Water, whether you believe their claims or not.
Adblue is exactly the same from pump or bottle and probably from the same source, just the packaging is different.
Now if the Pump works at a high flow rate, or a minimum quantity of 20L or more then there is a valid reason of restricting it to HGV's only.:thumb
Previously ran HGV's with Adblue and pump rate isn't fast as takes the same nozzle plus HGV tanks are only about twice Cali capacity.
Diesel flow rates are higher for HGV's. remember in pre car forecourt diesel pump days having to fill my car with them with great caution unless I wanted a soggy and smelly suit.

A new garage has opened locally to me and it has an adblue pump. It will dispense fixed quantities at 1litre & 5 litres or you can set it to pump as much as you like. Good thing is it's only 49 cents a litre. Bad thing is I had already bought 5 litres at 10 euros from Norauto (similar to halfords) bugger!

i recently got 10litre of adblue from a Tesco garage for 11 quid. I then drove off and filled up with super duper diesel from shell.

Last time I was in TPS they were doing it got 4.99+vat for 10l

Last time I was in TPS they were doing it got 4.99+vat for 10l
I think Tesco had a half price deal on for a while. anyway it's cheapest pig wee wee I've found. I wonder why I can't use my own wee wee? maybe due to the fact that pigs don't drink as much as i do

I probably posted this earlier in the thread months ago but just to update, still get my AdBlue fillups at Beaconsfield Services J2 M40. Have done over 25000miles so use it quite frequently and never had any issues.

Just pull up in the HGV area next to a pump, hand in your card at the counter (they’ve had issues with fuel theft from lorry drivers) and fill up. Never been challenged over not being a HGV.

69.9p per litre

Same here. Have always used HGV pumps with no issues.

The Shell petrol station at Darwen services on the M65 also has pumps situated round the back of the shop away from the normal pumps.....69.9p per litre

Just An update that the TPS offer is still on.

Passing one today and seeing as my warning message is down to 300 miles I picked up a couple of containers.

2x10l for £11.96.

Just An update that the TPS offer is still on.

Passing one today and seeing as my warning message is down to 300 miles I picked up a couple of containers.

2x10l for £11.96.

It's a really good price, but the Bristol store is insisting on Trade only. How strict are they?

Ive used 2 local branches and apart from having to pay cash for parts they’ve never asked or required me to be trade.

It's a really good price, but the Bristol store is insisting on Trade only. How strict are they?

€4.79 for 5 litres in HyperU in France. Intermarche were twice the price and the Shell service Station on the A75 wanted about €5 for a 1 litre bottle with a fancy fill up tube.

It just goes to show what a rip-off this is even allowing for the different packaging.

25lt with added filling bottle from Amazon. But mainly refill in Germany for 30cents lt. Remember to put more then 4it's in at a time of it will not reset the clock.F

My first AdBlue fill up required for several months today... I'd let the warning indicator get down to 900miles before visiting Shell at J16 of the M6 and filling up at the pump. Still 69.9p a litre. It needed 12.3 litres to fill and cost £8.60 total. Unless you live nowhere near an available pump I would not bother messing about with containers.

My first AdBlue fill up required for several months today... I'd let the warning indicator get down to 900miles before visiting Shell at J16 of the M6 and filling up at the pump. Still 69.9p a litre. It needed 12.3 litres to fill and cost £8.60 total. Unless you live nowhere near an available pump I would not bother messing about with containers.
I've refilled in Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy (Sicily) and, just recently, in Bulgaria. All except Sicily were under 50p per litre at pumps (I think Poland was 39 Euro cents per litre). In Sicily I couldn't find a pump anywhere and filled up at a VW service centre for about 2 Euros per litre when we were down to 150 Km.

Pumps must surely be the easiest, safest and cheapest way to fill up with AdBlue.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I refilled at the end of the M56 start of the A55 yesterday at a BP garage. Big sign on the ad blue pump ‘TRUCKS ONLY’ but the guy behind the counter agreed kindly after I asked him nicely. 4500 miles (10 litres) about a tenner. Easy peasy. I know it’s not the cheapest but peice of mind now for 5500 miles over summer :D

Shell Aberdeen Wellington Road pump, 69.9p/litre. Huge signs advertising it as available on a pump, no issue being located at the HGV pump. I’m sure I read somewhere that it was cheaper at the bp pumps but don’t have one nearby to check.

Just paid £1.80 p/l at the dealer when I was getting some warranty work done today. Cost doesn’t really matter as I only needed 5 litres.

Back