Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Again no doubt... Bed covers

Matthew Mills

Matthew Mills

Living the dream...
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

I'd like to cover the mattress upper and the lower - mainly for protection as I expect we'll use sleeping bags. What are you're recommendation for this complete novice!

Thanks in advance for all your help...

Matt

Forum sponsor Comfortz have covers.

Downstairs... we use a large faux fur blanket - £5 from local store. (Also acts as a bit of a topper to even out bumps and doesn't give us the sweat problems of memory foam)

Upstairs... normal double sheet over the matress.

We started with sleeping bags etc from our older campers but to be honest we now use lightweight continental quilts - From Aldi... About £7... tend to carry 3 in the space taken up by a normal duvet and they fold better. (Now have them in all our vans)

As many options and solutions to this as there are Cali's out there... try a few and see what works for you before spending too much.

Rgds

M

I tore off my waterproof covers. About as comfortable as sleeping in a polythene bag.

Now, like Mark above, loose toppers from places like Dunelm. My favourite so far is a fluffy blanket from Dunelm, £15. Covers perfectly, nothing slips when on top of it, bright and cheerful, just packs away with the bedding.

Bedding I use lightweight duvet's.

In the depths of a highland winter I graduated to a 10 tog.

I use a custom made Duvalay mattress topper with fitted sheet. Deals with any minor unevenness and rolls up into a custom made Jackyards canvas bedding roll. I have another Jackyards bag (matching) for the bedding - a duvet for my wife and I, or if I'm with the boys it holds the sleeping bags and pillows).

(With GJ on the duvet rating front - we use a John Lewis duvet that is in two parts - a 4.5 and a 6.5 that can be clipped together using push studs to make a winter weight duvet!).

None of it cheap but all highly effective!

Comfortz make Non-Waterproof covers if you are using Sleeping Bags.

Hi all

I've just ordered the Comfortz non waterproof covers for upper and lower - we'll go for that initially with sleeping bags.

My big issue is I sleep 'cool' and have the window open most of the year and sleep on top of the bed naked - whilst Mrs M has a several 1,000 tog (I know I'm exaggerating to make the point) duvet and still complains of being cold... So whatever we do need to accommodate our very different metabolisms... Sleeping bags work well.

I've also ordered some other goodies, amongst everything from this site store too...

Matt

Hi Folks, I do like a bit of research. Does anyone have the bed dimensions to hand? Will a double fitted sheet work on both beds? Thanks.

Hi Folks, I do like a bit of research. Does anyone have the bed dimensions to hand? Will a double fitted sheet work on both beds? Thanks.
The dimensions are exactly a 4 foot bed size and take linen to suit. We bought fitted sheets from Tonys Textiles for £4.95 each and they are perfect for the upper bed. Probably OK for lower as well though we don't use this one.

http://www.tonystextiles.co.uk/?search=4+foot&x=43&y=18

A single duvet cover fits perfectly over a 2" memory foam mattress with a zonesleep on top of that and keeps them both together ( do like to be comfortable) - then duvets assorted as above - very cosy.....

Back