Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

Hey all of you folks on here with Crafter / TGE based campers. Why not post on the Crafter TGE Forum either instead of or as well as on here.

The Crafter TGE Forum is still in its infancy but will only grow with the support of other enthusiasts.

Yep, external covers get a thumbs down from me too.

I saw an ad for some internal stick on blinds, I'll post a link when it pops up again.
Still a bit of a faff, but at least you won't have to pack away wet or dirty screen covers...
Each to their own. Having used both internal and external, I much prefer external. Rainbow Screens make high quality ones, which are what we have

About 30-34mpg depending on load and wind direction!
Have you done any travel in mainland Europe with it? Wondering what sort of consumption you can see around 120-140kmh.

I recall seeing around 28-30Mpg in a Knaus Vansation 500 at 130kmh on the German Autobahn last summer.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Have you done any travel in mainland Europe with it? Wondering what sort of consumption you can see around 120-140kmh.

I recall seeing around 28-30Mpg in a Knaus Vansation 500 at 130kmh on the German Autobahn last summer.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Yes we travelled to Portugal/Spain last spring, and Tuscany last autumn. I tend to stick to 65mph max, so that helps but getting over 30mpg consistently

Our Sven came with quite poor internal ones, hence we bought sone much better external screens from Rainbow Screens

Rainbow screens external cover works really well. Even though we have internal blinds built in with the van they offer little protection in cold or hot temperatures, really just a privacy screen. Rainbow screens illimimate condensation in winter and excess heat in summer. Top section of cover can be pulled down to reveal half screen if additional light required.

IMG-20231219-WA0000.jpg

PXL_20240112_144141348.jpg

Autotrader are stating 29mpg (combined) that 177 fwd crafter standard. So a fully loaded Sven on uk roads is prob more 26-28 on them bliss eu roads add extra your be in the 30s easyIMG_6357.png

Just FYi over the last 3000miles I have averaged 28.2mpg in my GC600. A Sven should be similar or slightly better.

Our Sven is the 140 single turbo, so maybe that’s the difference?
As a soon to be Sven owner, can you recommend any must have accessories in addition to the external screens you've already mentioned?

As a soon to be Sven owner, can you recommend any must have accessories in addition to the external screens you've already mentioned?
It’s very well kitted out, so it’s just a matter of customising to make it yours. The one thing you might want to consider is insulating the pop-out section - this is the one criticism I have, the design is brilliant but the pop out isn’t really very well insulated. I no sorted this quite easily with some adhesive insulation and felt, but this should be standard really.

IMG_2990.jpeg

It’s very well kitted out, so it’s just a matter of customising to make it yours. The one thing you might want to consider is insulating the pop-out section - this is the one criticism I have, the design is brilliant but the pop out isn’t really very well insulated. I no sorted this quite easily with some adhesive insulation and felt, but this should be standard really.

View attachment 120593
Love the headboard, great idea and makes it very homely!

View attachment 120593
Thank you ever so much, I was also going to comment on the headboard, it looks absolutely brilliant. Did you make that yourself as I really fancy on of those. It also does a great job of breaking up the plastic. Also are you able to sit up in bed as the overhead cupboard does look quite low?

Thank you ever so much, I was also going to comment on the headboard, it looks absolutely brilliant. Did you make that yourself as I really fancy on of those. It also does a great job of breaking up the plastic. Also are you able to sit up in bed as the overhead cupboard does look quite low?
Thank you! We had that made (https://www.foamandcovers.co.uk/) and it fits quite well in a recess in the wall. Yes you can sit up in bed - just about!
We do love the Sven, it’s just about perfect in most respects, hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours

Thank you! We had that made (https://www.foamandcovers.co.uk/) and it fits quite well in a recess in the wall. Yes you can sit up in bed - just about!
We do love the Sven, it’s just about perfect in most respects, hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours
Thank you ever so much (again!) I've emailed them about getting one for my new Sven. Such insight, Westfalia should adopt your idea it's much better than resting on plastic! Did you glue it on or did you use detachable Velcro ?

Thank you ever so much (again!) I've emailed them about getting one for my new Sven. Such insight, Westfalia should adopt your idea it's much better than resting on plastic! Did you glue it on or did you use detachable Velcro ?
You’re very welcome. The supplier provided adhesive large Velcro strips which hold it in place. I agree it’s much nicer than the plastic, and actually it’s nice to have the blank canvas to customise how you want I think.

How much……
@HowieDog laughing all the way to the bank.

Back