Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

Thanks for sharing, I think the Davenports finish it off a treat - understated elegance.

Is it brand new, it look immaculate ?
Cheers Barry. It's a late 2017 with 23k miles. Lovely condition in Grey.
A few little things to sort inside. i.e Just replaced the poor kitchen drawer bottoms with a better solution.
Has 2 x leisure batts and 2 small solar panels, fridge been running for 4 days now with no deterioration so hopefully the batteries are all good.

Last edited:
Cheers Barry. It's a late 2017 with 23k miles. Lovely condition in Grey.
A few little things to sort inside. i.e Just replaced the poor kitchen drawer bottoms with a better solution.
If you need any tips let me know! Highly recommend replacing the water pump with a higher output Reich. I went with 1.8 bar Reich and it's superb! Super quiet and excellent water pressure. The other thing I did was relocate the water pump to the screw top lid on the water tank. It's current location is very difficult to reach for replacement and servicing. I plugged the old hole with a gasket and bolt.

I also replaced the shower sink faucet head with a "Comet Shorty" and this was a cheap upgrade that improves the shower experience.

Finally, make sure to always check the coolant level of the heater tank (behind the bench) and ensure it's at Max. Also run the heater at 40C once a month for an hour to keep it in good working order and eliminate carbon buildup/smoke.

Cheers!

If you need any tips let me know! Highly recommend replacing the water pump with a higher output Reich. I went with 1.8 bar Reich and it's superb! Super quiet and excellent water pressure. The other thing I did was relocate the water pump to the screw top lid on the water tank. It's current location is very difficult to reach for replacement and servicing. I plugged the old hole with a gasket and bolt.

I also replaced the shower sink faucet head with a "Comet Shorty" and this was a cheap upgrade that improves the shower experience.

Finally, make sure to always check the coolant level of the heater tank (behind the bench) and ensure it's at Max. Also run the heater at 40C once a month for an hour to keep it in good working order and eliminate carbon buildup/smoke.

Cheers!

Hello, can you tell me what you use for water heater coolant and at what strength ( water to coolant mix)
many thanks
John

Cheers!
Cheers, i will look up the shower head as original is so small.

Hello, can you tell me what you use for water heater coolant and at what strength ( water to coolant mix)
many thanks
John

Sure thing! This product from Alde is excellent. The water boiler, tank and bits are also from Alde on the Joker and assume the Sven.
11a95959d5a6e2a9aab6683313e2254b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers!
I'm guessing the same principle about running the heating for an hour will be as equally valid in my Sven as I'm sure they're very similar heating systems?

I'm guessing the same principle about running the heating for an hour will be as equally valid in my Sven as I'm sure they're very similar heating systems?

All diesel heaters. It’s even in the manual to do so in the Cali

My Club Joker continues to provide hours of entertainment. Here's another unrequested act about which I would appreciate remedial advice.
Half filled fresh water tank, stopped and started journey a few times on way to overnight stop - about 4 hours in all. Went for walk and came back to observe water pouring out close to rear offside wheel.
Checked stop/drain taps - opened and closed a few times. All seemed secure. Flow ceased. Console indicated fresh water tank now empty.
Went out this am to investigate. The freshwater drain tap drains as expected from a point in front of the offside wheel but the "drain taps for the lines" exit in a rather unexpected fashion as per below:
Is this what Westfalia intended?
Would a drain tap malfunction here, as described above, account for the fresh water tank being emptied?
1718966213807.jpeg

Last edited:
My Club Joker continues to provide hours of entertainment. Here's another unrequested act about which I would appreciate remedial advice.
Half filled fresh water tank, stopped and started journey a few times on way to overnight stop - about 4 hours in all. Went for walk and came back to observe water pouring out close to rear offside wheel.
Checked stopped taps - opened and closed a few times. All seemed secure. Flow ceased. Console indicated fresh water tank now empty.
Went out this am to investigate. The freshwater drain tap drains as expected from a point in front of the offside wheel but the "drain taps for the lines" exit in a rather unexpected fashion as per below:
Would a drain tap malfunction here, as described above, account for the fresh water tank being emptied?
View attachment 124998

That looks concerning. Perhaps take a look at the top of the water tank and check for leaks? If you remove the bottom large drawer in the kitchen you can see the top of the water tank. I’d start there and also trace the hoses for any leaks. You will also find hoses in the rear cabinet near where the propane tank is below the sink.

That looks concerning. Perhaps take a look at the top of the water tank and check for leaks? If you remove the bottom large drawer in the kitchen you can see the top of the water tank. I’d start there and also trace the hoses for any leaks. You will also find hoses in the rear cabinet near where the propane tank is below the sink.

I had a water leak from the inspection cover on the top of the freshwater tank…. Water was leaking into the boot . The problem was the o ring sealing gasket. A real pain to access. The bore scope really comes in handy!

The leaking as shown only occurs when emptying "the lines" - p75 & 83 in the rather poor manual. Except for the one time detailed above. I cannot see an easy way of tracing the line beyond the taps and under the metal shield.
I guess it's another trip to Wandahome unless someone here is familiar with this problem and its solution. I'd rather avoid troubling Wandahome if at all possible.

Checked stop/drain taps - opened and closed a few times. All seemed secure. Flow ceased. Console indicated fresh water tank now empty.
View attachment 124998
Under the van there should be two rubber hoses, 1 for fresh and 1 for waste these maybe missing or fallen out (about 5” long) they have a rubber bung on that pushes into the piping that leaves the van and will direct water down away from chassis.
Cant help with leak if you have both isolator taps under kickboard in correct position (out no inline with pipe), very easy to knock if you store shoes in there.

If you’ve had water inside the van under floor van with create mould etc, that’s why I gave mine back.
One leak was from seal webbah said where pump enters tank top of tank (rubber seal wasn’t fitted correctly during build) another common leak is where the water filler hose connects to tank (look in boot right side).
Poor design having to make inside van as there’s been a fair few with leaks!

Took a photo of ours (2015 T5.1)

IMG_0735.jpegIMG_0736.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting…. My 2 outlets are rigid plastic and don’t protrude as far down. Think I will slide a length of old bike inner tube on the end to tidy up the water flow.
Mine stopped at the elbow on t6 and then had flex pipe that fell out when I went though some flooding in wales and lost my stuck on number plate too. Don’t know what the bronze had.

I do indeed have those outlets and the fresh water does drain from there when the "isolator tap under kickboard" is opened. The leaking I show in the pic occurs when I open the taps in the boot that "empty the lines". I presume they also empty what's in the water tanks if they have not been already drained by using the "under kickboard taps".
I would be interested to hear from where water exits on your Jokers when you open the taps in the boot. If this were built by Land Rover years ago, I would not be at all surprised to hear that my observations were by design and not fault. But this is German quality, but I'm wondering if rather too much beer had been consumed by whoever constructed mine.
Despite this and somewhat to my surprise, my wife enjoyed out stay in it. So no plans to sell it just yet!

I do indeed have those outlets and the fresh water does drain from there when the "isolator tap under kickboard" is opened. The leaking I show in the pic occurs when I open the taps in the boot that "empty the lines". I presume they also empty what's in the water tanks if they have not been already drained by using the "under kickboard taps".
I would be interested to hear from where water exits on your Jokers when you open the taps in the boot.

Will open the taps later and see where it exits.

I would be interested to hear from where water exits on your Jokers when you open the taps in the boot. If this were built by Land Rover years ago, I would not be at all surprised to hear that my observations were by design and not fault. But this is German quality, but I'm wondering if rather too much beer had been consumed by whoever constructed mine.
Despite this and somewhat to my surprise, my wife enjoyed out stay in it. So no plans to sell it just yet!

I honestly have never opened those taps in 2 years of ownership. Haha! But I use my van year round and never let the interior go below freezing. I’ve also installled a “frostwachter “ heating element for the water tank that keeps the water above 5C.