Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

As a trader we have a rule, "if you aren't sure what to do, do nothing".

When it comes to purging I make it a point to go through everything at least once a month and purge/remove anything that is not actively used. With the exception of safety equipment.
Best bit of advice that….
I’m so unsure.

The amount of “stuff” that isn’t being used was purged.

Campersales have the last 4Motion high top Joker in Indium Grey £108k
One hundred and eight thousand pounds for a 150 PS Joker o_O
theres another one for sale in blue for 13k less if you look on AT.
Daren't post the link.

Best bit of advice that….
I’m so unsure.

The amount of “stuff” that isn’t being used was purged.
It's a difficult one, I've not heard a single owner say much against the Sven. But owners here also wax lyrical about the Jokers. Will you lose your deposit if you back out of the Sven purchase?

Always start with your primary use case. How you will use the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
98% just me for the next 8 years !
Could tug a caravan down Cornwall and leave it down there for weeks away

98% just me for the next 8 years !
Could tug a caravan down Cornwall and leave it down there for weeks away

I just rent one (typically a mobile home more luxury) when needed. No ownership hassle.

You’re an engineer which is like my role as a solution architect. Start with the why clearly defined before the what or when.

You want to stand up and both can do that. If you want Swamper then the Joker is the better choice. And only you can decide. Don’t rush and choose wisely.

Good point. Wife and I mid 70s and wonder how "older folk" manage. ;)
You don’t really as it’s always at the dealer!
Spent along time in a joker and I definitely wouldn’t want to sleep in a roof bed like the joker in my 70s it’s not like a cali bed as that has lots of head room.
Great van but most people who own them are 40-50s

It's a difficult one, I've not heard a single owner say much against the Sven. But owners here also wax lyrical about the Jokers. Will you lose your deposit if you back out of the Sven purchase?
I haven’t really heard any feedback about the Sven. Only the quality of the Westfalia kit is something very nice to live with.

The joker ticks all my box’s.

No, fully refundable deposit.

I just rent one (typically a mobile home more luxury) when needed. No ownership hassle.

You’re an engineer which is like my role as a solution architect. Start with the why clearly defined before the what or when.

You want to stand up and both can do that. If you want Swamper then the Joker is the better choice. And only you can decide. Don’t rush and choose wisely.

Good idea on the rental.
Then I wouldn’t have £20k tied up in a tugging box for many years.
Got Nick Whale close by, to rent a big MH.
Very good idea.

Really need to get out the chair and stand up straight away.
Joker looks ideal. Is it a LWB ?

Good idea on the rental.
Very good idea.

Yes, LWB is 5.3 meters.

Good idea on the rental.
Very good idea.

This is where we are staying in July. In one of the “Gold” mobile homes. Super nice. As an example. And you can change it up every year.

Good idea on the rental.
Very good idea.

If you spend your time on campsites and don’t want to make up a bed the Sven is perfect van.
Joker will still be uncomfortable to drive like you found the cali. The upper bed is an art getting in and out.

If you do stealth parkups and head off the beaten track and have very few aches and pains then look at a joker.
That Sven you have deposit on is a great buy, stick with it :thumb

How’s your German? Can use a translator if needed:

Looked at the Fan Forum site and the option to translate to English came up, registered and thereafter no option to translate. Any idea how I find it again?

If you spend your time on campsites and don’t want to make up a bed the Sven is perfect van.
Joker will still be uncomfortable to drive like you found the cali. The upper bed is an art getting in and out.

If you do stealth parkups and head off the beaten track and have very few aches and pains then look at a joker.
That Sven you have deposit on is a great buy, stick with it :thumb
I’d say 2 nights a month campsites.
The rest is hotels.
It’s more getting out the drivers seat, standup.
In the back, make a brew, sit down and do some work.
Then drive to another customer.

The ability to park in a normal space would be good.

The toilet in the back is a massive bonus.
The leather seats from Westfalia on the joker look a bit more bolstered than a Cali.
I have a man moving to my area, soon, who is a genius when it comes to the seat bolster and he can adjust, undo, adjust, ad infinitum until I get a good seat bolster.
The back of the seat is fine now I have my 12” square by 1/2” foam back pad.
And I did 5 hours 20 to Cornwall with a 8” memory foam bit under my right leg and thigh and had zero numbness for there and back.
So I know now, what I need to make the Cali seat comfortable.

Sven will be great if we camping ALOT.
But I’m not.

Looked at the Fan Forum site and the option to translate to English came up, registered and thereafter no option to translate. Any idea how I find it again?

I just use translate.google.com and copy/paste the url address in the German side. Then in the English side click the link and it will translate the website for you.

I’d say 2 nights a month campsites.
The rest is hotels.
It’s more getting out the drivers seat, standup.
In the back, make a brew, sit down and do some work.
Then drive to another customer.

The ability to park in a normal space would be good.

The toilet in the back is a massive bonus.
The leather seats from Westfalia on the joker look a bit more bolstered than a Cali.
I have a man moving to my area, soon, who is a genius when it comes to the seat bolster and he can adjust, undo, adjust, ad infinitum until I get a good seat bolster.
The back of the seat is fine now I have my 12” square by 1/2” foam back pad.
And I did 5 hours 20 to Cornwall with a 8” memory foam bit under my right leg and thigh and had zero numbness for there and back.
So I know now, what I need to make the Cali seat comfortable.

Sven will be great if we camping ALOT.
But I’m not.

As you know I work in my Joker daily during the week. Also to visit customers. I’d suggest getting a portable lumbar support for the rear bench seat. I use one from my gaming desk chair as it has clips and straps which fit on the bench. I can slide it up or down into place.