Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

The leaking I show in the pic occurs when I open the taps in the boot that "empty the lines"
you don't need to open them unless doing a full winter draindown.

I would say you dumped the boiler water at a guess. Thats under the fridge.
Never drained mine down either in 4yrs

I would say you dumped the boiler water at a guess. Thats under the fridge.
Never drained mine down either in 4yrs
Maybe, albeit unlikely.
My reason for exploring the water situation was, as in my original post on this subject, the spontaneous discharge of water, emptying the fresh water tank, at the end of a several hours trip. That discharge occured behind the offside rear wheel, not through the outlets in front of that wheel.
I'm guessing that some "crud" had been obstructing a full seating of the valve which dislodged and caused the leak, since OK.
BUT I'm yet to be convinced that the discharge is designed to occur where it did and does. Or is it??

Maybe, albeit unlikely.
My reason for exploring the water situation was, as in my original post on this subject, the spontaneous discharge of water, emptying the fresh water tank, at the end of a several hours trip. That discharge occured behind the offside rear wheel, not through the outlets in front of that wheel.
I'm guessing that some "crud" had been obstructing a full seating of the valve which dislodged and caused the leak, since OK.
BUT I'm yet to be convinced that the discharge is designed to occur where it did and does. Or is it??
I’m sure the ones in the boot drain the heating/boiler for winter if not in use.
Campersales have a very short YouTube of how to winterise club joker.
Water boiler is 10l plus whatever is in the wet heating rad in bathroom.

I’m sure the ones in the boot drain the heating/boiler for winter if not in use.
Campersales have a very short YouTube of how to winterise club joker.
Water boiler is 10l plus whatever is in the wet heating rad in bathroom.
The taps connect to both sinks and the toilet as can be seen in these pics.
They must also connect to the source - the water tank but I cannot see this or indeed any other connection to the space heater for eg. But given that they must drain these when opened, why the separate larger drain switch? I can only think that the latter being larger is intended to rapidly drain
the main tank and the smaller ones in the boot are primarily to drain the pipes.

Pipes.jpg
pipes1.jpgpipes3.jpgpipes4.jpg

Water heater is behind the antifreeze reservoir, (behind rear seats) accessed by removing the tall metal panel (6 screws) at the back of the cupboard under the fridge; if you ever want to change water temp you can either take the panel off, or, stick your hand behind the antifreeze bottle and turn the knob.

Think the small metal box cover to access the central heating (but didn't take it off) . The cover on the floor of the cupboard gets access to the top of the black plastic water tank.

The taps connect to both sinks and the toilet as can be seen in these pics.
They must also connect to the source - the water tank but I cannot see this or indeed any other connection to the space heater for eg. But given that they must drain these when opened, why the separate larger drain switch? I can only think that the latter being larger is intended to rapidly drain
the main tank and the smaller ones in the boot are primarily to drain the pipes.

View attachment 125078
View attachment 125079View attachment 125080View attachment 125081
I thought that’s a different pipe to the cold sink/loo. I thought it’s hot water boiler dump, best to speak to westfalia :thumb

Sven Hedin due for collection on Monday, can't wait! A night with Wandahome then a night in York to test her out.

I'll try and share some pics and early thoughts.
What’s the news Barry C, pleased with it?!