Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

Thanks for reopening this thread it's much appreciated as it's a really helpful thread

With the heat wave coming next week to Switzerland I’ve been looking for a good window vent solution for my EcoFlow Wave 2 AC. Something that would allow both hoses to duct out a window but seal the gaps to prevent bugs and midges from coming in. Anyone find anything? Would apply to Cali’s too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try these guys https://omitvan.com/collections/all I had one in my westfalia columbus in Spain last year, worked well and put drainage tube down sink so I didn't need to empty it .
You only need one hose out the window otherwise you will be sucking the hot air in

After some advice, I’m having 2nd thoughts on the Sven.
But after thinking and mulling.

Maybe the Joker would be what I’m after.

I’m thinking the height isn’t a problem where ever I go, but the 2.5m width with mirrors of the Sven/Man might be an issue.

Do Westfalia still sell 4Motion Club Jokers ?

Campersales have the last 4Motion high top Joker in Indium Grey £108k
One hundred and eight thousand pounds for a 150 PS Joker o_O

I’m thinking the height isn’t a problem where ever I go, but the 2.5m width with mirrors of the Sven/Man might be an issue.

It's probably natural, I've had the same doubts myself as it's so much bigger than the Cali!

Why don't you run with it for a while, a the snip you got it at you'll hardly lose anything if you sell it on?

Also it's only marginally wider than that Cali with it's mirrors out!

It's probably natural, I've had the same doubts myself as it's so much bigger than the Cali!

Why don't you run with it for a while, a the snip you got it at you'll hardly lose anything if you sell it on?
Could do.
But,
The problem is I have more money than sense.
It’s usually just me for 40 weeks of the year.
Wifey maybe have two weeks in the van on holiday.
2 holidays abroad, but they are starting to head towards Centerparks with Grandkids.

Whereas the Joker has the roof all made up.
No faffing around.
Toilet, and a shower.
Never seen inside one before.
Looking at the Pics on Campersales, and I’m like yep. Westfalia make very nice kit.

@Webbah_in_Switzerland
Why haven’t you shown me inside the Joker b4 !
It looks absolutely ideal for me.

Still need to sort a good seat out though.

Could do.
But,
2 holidays abroad, but they are starting to head towards Centerparks with Grandkids.

No faffing around.
Toilet, and a shower.
Looking at the Pics on Campersales, and I’m like yep. Westfalia make very nice kit.

@Webbah_in_Switzerland

They both have their own USP's. Following on from your earlier thread I googled the width as it's never an issue that crossed my mind with the Sven. And it's EXACTLY the same width as the Cali to the mm!

The Joker is a bit like the Tardis storagewise. Definitely worth taking a look.

(But only suitable for 3 people. Maybe 2 adults + 2 small children.)

Also it's only marginally wider than that Cali with its mirrors out!
2.5m wide with mirrors out, I read somewhere.
Says 2040 width on Westfalia pdf, not including mirrors.

Cali is 1904

Or 2283. I’m guessing that’s with mirrors out.
So 217mm wider.
That’s 21.7 cm

The Joker is a bit like the Tardis storagewise. Definitely worth taking a look.

(But only suitable for 3 people. Maybe 2 adults + 2 small children.)
Only need it to be suitable for one adult for 40 weeks of the year.
I suppose I could pendle map it to 200PS?
But £108k
Good grief !

2.5m wide with mirrors out, I read somewhere.
Says 2040 width on Westfalia pdf, not including mirrors.

Cali is 1904

Or 2283. I’m guessing that’s with mirrors out.
So 217mm wider.
That’s 21.7 cm
sorry you're right, I'd got the results for the Grand Cali, which unsurprisingly has the same width with mirrors as the Sven :rolleyes:

But £108k
Good grief !

Ours is remapped to 175bhp, and is super smooth..but that said tend to sit at 70mph on the motorway, as get more wind noise from the higher roof when faster than that.

Could do.
But,

No faffing around.
Toilet, and a shower.

@Webbah_in_Switzerland

I’d be happy to post some pics but there are many online. And there should be some in my build thread. I’ve seen a few Sven’s and it wouldn’t work for me as a daily driver. I wouldn’t even be able to park the thing anywhere near where I live. That’s the beauty of the Club Joker with highroof. While it’s 5.3 meters long it’s the same width as a Cali. I never have any issues with parking anywhere except underground car parks but there is always something outside.

I’m in the same boat as you. 95% of the time it’s just me, or me and the boys and they have their own Cali’s. The wife and 2 little girls prefer glamping and that’s typically 2-3 weeks a year so we rent a high end mobile home on the beaches of Italy. Papi time is for me to go Swamper mode off grid. Or work from the van 4-5 days a week.

Do you really need new? I bought mine with 16K KM’s and saved a ton of money. Paid for a good chunk of the initial mods like air suspension. And if you truly want a Swamper build then the Sven might leave you wanting more. Tons of stuff available for Cali’s and Transporter vans. Not to mention no off road touring company would likely allow you to join in a Sven, but no issue with a Joker with the right gear, 4 motion and locking diff.

Storage? Yes it takes a little time to think it through but I don’t have any issues. And for the baby girls and all their stuff I bought the storage boxes for the rear.

But £108k
Good grief !

I have the 150 and definitely recommend Pendle. It’s not only the engine tuning but also the DSG remap. Stock I found it a bit sluggish up steep grades and shifting. With Pendle tuning to 200 and the DSG remap I’m very pleased. It’s no sports car but I’m not left feeling like I want or need more. And I’ve owned RS4’s, an R8 and numerous Porsches and Tesla’s.

I moved to the Joker from a Marco Polo AMG 300d. That was a nice drive but I hated all the faffing about moving stuff around, popping up the roof to stand up, etc. and in Winter in Switzerland the Club Joker wins hands down in temps down to -20C. That, and no matter where I park up no one knows if I’m inside sleeping once the blinds are closed. Pop the roof on a Cali or Polo and it’s obvious.

I removed the lower bed (it’s only 4 bolts and it comes right out) as it adds weight and I sleep upstairs. Gives me more storage behind and under the bench seat. And no issue with 2 kids seats with isofix points either.

Try these guys https://omitvan.com/collections/all I had one in my westfalia columbus in Spain last year, worked well and put drainage tube down sink so I didn't need to empty it .
You only need one hose out the window otherwise you will be sucking the hot air in

Thanks for the tip. I’m rethinking things as the EcoFlow Wave 2 is super heavy and big. Too big to fit between the seats. I also have a ZeroBreeze AC which fits perfectly between the seats and is much lighter. I found a guy on Etsy that makes window vents so will send him a template of what I need but will likely sell the EF and keep the ZeroBreeze Mark 2.

I saw these on a video and thought they were a great design, but £60 for a smallish piece of plastic with a hole in seems rather excessive. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to cut one from plywood albeit not as smart looking!

I have the 150 and definitely recommend Pendle. It’s not only the engine tuning but also the DSG remap. Stock I found it a bit sluggish up steep grades and shifting. With Pendle tuning to 200 and the DSG remap I’m very pleased. It’s no sports car but I’m not left feeling like I want or need more. And I’ve owned RS4’s, an R8 and numerous Porsches and Tesla’s.

I moved to the Joker from a Marco Polo AMG 300d. That was a nice drive but I hated all the faffing about moving stuff around, popping up the roof to stand up, etc. and in Winter in Switzerland the Club Joker wins hands down in temps down to -20C. That, and no matter where I park up no one knows if I’m inside sleeping once the blinds are closed. Pop the roof on a Cali or Polo and it’s obvious.

I removed the lower bed (it’s only 4 bolts and it comes right out) as it adds weight and I sleep upstairs. Gives me more storage behind and under the bench seat. And no issue with 2 kids seats with isofix points either.

Yep, it’s the faffing around making up the bed that drives me insane.
Spent 9 hours removing everything from the Cali yesterday.
Saw the Joker and thought yep. That’s the one.
It’s finding an old one, is the issue.
Will take some time.
I’ll get rid of Cali and use the Saab until I can find one.
Where’s best to look for a joker.
Autotrader, here, FaceAche market place, ??

Will take some time.

Not sure I can help with the where. I’m in Switzerland and the best here is AutoScout24.ch

Will take some time.
Might be worth talking to Rob at Campervansales he might know of a customer with an older joker or might be able to source one.

Like a blooming YoYo
Length of Cali 5.3m
Length of Sven 5.98m

Xtra 680cm

Width of Cali 2283
Width of Sven 2500

Xtra 21cm.

So not a lot really.
Think I was overthinking yesterday after a gruelling 9 hours of removing what felt like 400kg of stuff from the Cali.
The amount of stuff I took out was ridiculous.
Sliding boot tray
3x solar panels
Victron kit.
3x dashcams
Raspberry pi.
Boondocker
Gas
Kindling
Shoe rack
Starlink
So much junk in wardrobes
Rugs and coats.
3x food boxes.
Knives and forks for 8 people. (Like why ?!!)
Portapotti 345
Boxes of windbreak, tools,
Boxes of Coleman stove, vango roar, gas cans, EHU, bottle jack, croc clip, tie downs.
Spare wheel and under slung carrier. Spare safe.
Kato’s off and Palmerstons on.
Front bumper off and Lazer lamps out and black grill off. Original grill back on. (Glad I never sold it!)
I reckon at least 200Kg has been removed.
Let’s see how many mpg today

Like a blooming YoYo
Length of Cali 5.3m
Length of Sven 5.98m

Xtra 680cm

Width of Cali 2283
Width of Sven 2500

Xtra 21cm.

So not a lot really.
Think I was overthinking yesterday after a gruelling 9 hours of removing what felt like 400kg of stuff from the Cali.
The amount of stuff I took out was ridiculous.
Sliding boot tray
3x solar panels
Victron kit.
3x dashcams
Raspberry pi.
Boondocker
Gas
Kindling
Shoe rack
Starlink
So much junk in wardrobes
Rugs and coats.
3x food boxes.
Knives and forks for 8 people. (Like why ?!!)
Portapotti 345
Boxes of windbreak, tools,
Boxes of Coleman stove, vango roar, gas cans, EHU, bottle jack, croc clip, tie downs.
Spare wheel and under slung carrier. Spare safe.
Kato’s off and Palmerstons on.
Front bumper off and Lazer lamps out and black grill off. Original grill back on. (Glad I never sold it!)
I reckon at least 200Kg has been removed.
Let’s see how many mpg today
As a trader we have a rule, "if you aren't sure what to do, do nothing".

When it comes to purging I make it a point to go through everything at least once a month and purge/remove anything that is not actively used. With the exception of safety equipment.