Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club joker and Sven owners

I dropped into the dealers on my way home to collect my car which I'd left there for a week. I spoke with the sales director and told him the terrible experience I'd encountered. To be fair he took half an hour to give me a proper guide to the main features of the Sven. I really learned a lot about the vehicle which made me a little bit happier. I'm still annoyed this didn't happen in the first place and it highlighted many contradictions with the original handover which could have meant I'd have damaged the van.

I've lived with it for 6 nights and I'm really impressed with the Sven and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Other than one of the decal stickers peeling of a little it has been flawless!

You'll definitely love it Andrew
:)
Thanks Barry that makes me feel better have they replaced the sticker? After the wobble I had yesterday all the positive comments on this thread have made me calm down and now I am really looking forward to getting the van :)

Thanks Barry that makes me feel better have they replaced the sticker? After the wobble I had yesterday all the positive comments on this thread have made me calm down and now I am really looking forward to getting the van :)
In fairness the sales manager did offer to send me a decal sticker in the post, it's only to show where the light dimmer is - so I said I wasn't bothered.

Unsurprisingly their big advertising sticker on the back is stuck fast, well it will be until I remove it very soon ;)

IMG_5152 Large.jpegIMG_5164 Large.jpegIMG_5166 Large.jpeg
Some pics of the new van, really love the colour but it's going to be a bugger to keep clean!

Know I need to get some alloys but as I'd only get a few hundred quid for the current steel wheels & tyres I plan to run with them until the they wear before replacing.

I do also recommend the wooden sink cover/chopping board which sits flush over the sink and gives more valuable worktop space to all new owners. @Andya if you do get a dummy facebook profile set up, you'll find all the detail of the chap who makes them on the Sven page

I do also recommend the wooden sink cover/chopping board which sits flush over the sink and gives more valuable worktop space to all new owners. @Andya if you do get a dummy facebook profile set up, you'll find all the detail of the chap who makes them on the Sven page
Hi Barry I did order one from him :)

It fine, provided you never take if off.

Magnets sewn into the screen + self adhesive metal strip on the cupboard would work better (fixing similar to the old Cali side window blinds).
Bought the magnets off Temu last week!

My Club Joker continues to provide hours of entertainment. Here's another unrequested act about which I would appreciate remedial advice.
Half filled fresh water tank, stopped and started journey a few times on way to overnight stop - about 4 hours in all. Went for walk and came back to observe water pouring out close to rear offside wheel.
Checked stop/drain taps - opened and closed a few times. All seemed secure. Flow ceased. Console indicated fresh water tank now empty.
Went out this am to investigate. The freshwater drain tap drains as expected from a point in front of the offside wheel but the "drain taps for the lines" exit in a rather unexpected fashion as per below:
Is this what Westfalia intended?
Would a drain tap malfunction here, as described above, account for the fresh water tank being emptied?
View attachment 124998
UPDATE - got a speedy reply from Wandahome - "This is how they are on all of the jokers, its due to the location of the drainpipe."

It was York Marina, I cannot recommend it highly enough £38 a night including EHU (£4 less if you don't want a waterside pitch)

Outstanding restaurant/cafe right next to it. We shall be returning !